Shoma Uno | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
^^
Now that's an interesting though. All of his were done by Yamada and Higuchi, I wonder if we'll be seeing some changes now. He is going to include a quad loop too:

http://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/winte...671d9fb962/tumblr_o53jg3aYV01v9474oo1_400.gif
https://40.media.tumblr.com/27416518d3a7928cfa971a81e6bc4fb1/tumblr_o53f3qnKhS1qedt84o1_540.jpg

The last tumbler photo is an all time favorite for me. Shoma and Yuzu with (looks like) genuine smiles on their dearly loved and respected faces! Thanks for posting!

Alas, somehow the quote from Shoma doesn't come thru' on my reposting--Folks, go back to Y's original post, it's a fine quote!

Last edited:

cdngirl

On the Ice
Thank you so much for letting us know CBC broadcast and Kurt complimenting on Shoma, cdngirl. :) We, his fans outside of Canada, would not have known it probably without your quotes here. I hope Shoma also gets to know about it. :yes:
Is there any chance Kurt is interested in choreograghing competitive program(s) for Shoma, I wonder. Kurt+Shoma+cool music as SP is a dream for me.

deedee so nice to see you here again! Although I am the one who has been absent. It's my pleasure to let you all know about Kurt's well deserved praise. Had I known you would have enjoyed hearing it I would have let everyone know during the competitive season. That is a huge compliment to Kurt that you would love him to choreograph for Shoma. I know that Kurt has choreographed for Javi but I think it's always been exhibition numbers. It would be interesting to see what Kurt could do for Shoma. I have a feeling that Shoma is much like Daisuke and is a dream to work with for any choreographer.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
deedee so nice to see you here again! Although I am the one who has been absent. It's my pleasure to let you all know about Kurt's well deserved praise. Had I known you would have enjoyed hearing it I would have let everyone know during the competitive season. That is a huge compliment to Kurt that you would love him to choreograph for Shoma. I know that Kurt has choreographed for Javi but I think it's always been exhibition numbers. It would be interesting to see what Kurt could do for Shoma. I have a feeling that Shoma is much like Daisuke and is a dream to work with for any choreographer.

Thanks for cdngirl! And thanks for warm words the other day. I totally agree that Kurt was an artistic skater above all despite the fact of his title of first quad man and this is why he feels to appreciate Shoma's style. Showman Shoma is nice!
And I was so moved by your heart, giving me wards words.

It would be wonderful if Kurt would provide shoma with coreo. Shoma is small but he looks bigger on ice and attracts the audience eye. He has much potential.

Further, I’m looking forward to watching the video of Kurt that skatefan22 posted (thanks skatefan22!) when i get back home!

Danibellerika

Medalist
Thanks for cdngirl! And thanks for warm words the other day. I totally agree that Kurt was an artistic skater above all despite the fact of his title of first quad man and this is why he feels to appreciate Shoma's style. Showman Shoma is nice!
And I was so moved by your heart, giving me wards words.

It would be wonderful if Kurt would provide shoma with coreo. Shoma is small but he looks bigger on ice and attracts the audience eye. He has much potential.

Further, I’m looking forward to watching the video of Kurt that skatefan22 posted (thanks skatefan22!) when i get back home!

I agree that he looks big on ice. I was there at worlds and he stood out to me just fine. He's got great presence.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree that he looks big on ice. I was there at worlds and he stood out to me just fine. He's got great presence.

He stands tall on the ice, and I think his carriage is absolutely beautiful. I haven't been drawn to anyone's skating like I am to his in a long time. It cracks me up that he seems like such a nice kid but he gets on the ice and gets that fierce, fighter scowl when he skates. He is going to be so much fun to continue to watch. He has the heart of a champion.

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist

He stands tall on the ice, and I think his carriage is absolutely beautiful.

It reminds me of Paul Wylie (5' 4"?), who despite being a short man managed to look TALL on the ice. I don't know how tall Shoma is and he could likely grow some more (it's not uncommon for some guys to keep growing until age 18 or 19), but he has clearly taken the time to understand how important posture is on the ice.

Danibellerika

Medalist
I read somewhere that he's about 5'2 or 5'3? Yuzu is 5'7 and there's quite a difference in height between the two.

hamaguri

Record Breaker

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know how Shoma was received at the Stars on Ice recent event? I guess I'm hoping he was well received for his valiant efforts for helping Japan to get their three spots.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Does anyone know how Shoma was received at the Stars on Ice recent event? I guess I'm hoping he was well received for his valiant efforts for helping Japan to get their three spots.

SOI will be televised live in Japan this Friday, I am sure there will be you-tube videos available after the broadcast.

I have no first hand knowledge about how Shoma was received but the Japanese audience
are very gracious to all skaters.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Attention to @01:40 of this video!!! (the video is a recap of WC, but the scene in question is obviously from the last Nationals, still the podium at GPF fresh in the memory of everyone...) Great to see Shoma's rarely manifested sense of humour!!! :rofl::gclap::laugh2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75YFZWymssc&feature=share

Definitely one of my favorites--the "wedding arms". I still laugh every time I see this. Love Yuzu's reaction! :biggrin: