Shoma Uno | Page 48 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Please, never cry again, little one:sad21:

But congratulations for a wonderful first senior season! The future looks bright.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
My first concern for Shoma is that he is not injured.
This ^

That fall was heavy... he was slow to get up, and the look on his face when he did... I wondered if he actually cracked a rib and his tears in the K&C were from the pain. Hope it's just my imagination and he's OK.

Plumededragon

Medalist
It was heart-breaking to see, as to have a good finish was something he hoped for, but at least, he didn't fall down the rankings. 7th place is far from bad (and 7 is supposed to be a lucky number, lol). And most important, Shoma has done what he said he wanted to do: to help Yuzu bringing back 3 places for Team Japan.

Honestly, I don't think ANYONE ELSE could have done it with Yuzu. As sad as it is that the FS didn't go the way he and us hoped for, I'm sure he'll be able to look on the bright side and move on. His coach looked ready to do so. She looked like "It's ok, don't worry, you did well." I trust her to raise him up. :)
Congrats on your first world appearance Shoma, I'm proud of you! :clap: I hope he'll be invited to the gala.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I hope Shona will be in the gala. That fall as scary. How many spots per event are given in the gala?

firal

Record Breaker
Echoing many here and also from the SNS of people in Japan, very proud of Shoma! Just forget how this is only his first senior year!

treeloving

Medalist
Shoma should be proud of himself, if I were in his situation I might withdraw since that painful fall. But he keeps fighting + bring three spots for Japan. He still have many years to achieve the performance that he dream of.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Ah, I wanted to pop by here since last night. What a wonderful young skater and competitor! That fall, that looked so painful and bad. I think he may have been favoring his left arm. Grishin was saying get up, get up and just uh. Those tears! Ah little darling. He should be proud he did get up and he jumped those 3As and managed to finish and bring Japan 3 spots. I am sure he will be once the initial disappointment is over. He's such a fighter and so talented.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Echoing many here and also from the SNS of people in Japan, very proud of Shoma! Just forget how this is only his first senior year!

Just watched last night's FS again after seeing him in person.. You should be proud! Wow - he is a fighter! The crowd was really with him all the way and was showing him love. It was a good skate! Can't wait to watch him blossom.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I hope Shona will be in the gala. That fall as scary. How many spots per event are given in the gala?

Every country is different. Years ago it always was the top 4 in each discipline, but that has now changed.
We may not get to see Shoma at the Gala. He did come in 7th and the host country may prefer to showcase
their own countrymen which is not unusual.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Yeah, that's what I was thinking but I guess I just really want to see shoma skate one more time... :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I have my fingers crossed that Shoma will be invited to the Gala.

lbc2138

On the Ice
I hope he gets invited! I know Max and Adam will most likely get invited along with the top 3 but really crossing my fingers that the organizers took note of how behind they were Shoma when he finished his FS

hamaguri

Record Breaker

Just watched last night's FS again. You should be proud! Wow - he is a fighter! The crowd was really with him all the way and was showing him love. It was a good skate! Can't wait to watch him blossom.
I can't still get over the result and his tears, but I really want him to be proud. The thought gets stronger. He got jump after terrible fall.. He didn't stop.

cdngirl

On the Ice
I can't still get over the result and his tears, but I really want him to be proud. The thought gets stronger. He got jump after terrible fall.. He didn't stop.

I watched the Canadian CBC broadcast with Kurt Browning and Kurt said "he just became a hero" after he pulled off the jumps after his fall. They noted that it looked like he had the wind knocked out of him yet was still fighting through it. All three of the commentators had high praise for Shoma throughout his SP and FS. They said he has a bright future and is a major talent so I hope Shoma is proud of his debut at the senior Worlds.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I watched the Canadian CBC broadcast with Kurt Browning and Kurt said "he just became a hero" after he pulled off the jumps after his fall. They noted that it looked like he had the wind knocked out of him yet was still fighting through it. All three of the commentators had high praise for Shoma throughout his SP and FS. They said he has a bright future and is a major talent so I hope Shoma is proud of his debut at the senior Worlds.

Thanks for your warm words which comfort me so much. I didn't know Kurt appreciated shoma and they gave bright words about his future. And his spirit shown to us will last.
Go shoma!

cdngirl

On the Ice
Thanks for your warm words which comfort me so much. I didn't know Kurt appreciated shoma and they gave bright words about his future. And his spirit shown to us will last.
Go shoma!

I'm glad I was able to cheer you up a bit. It was unintentional payback for your kindness in translating Daisuke's words for me! Kurt seems to be a fan of Shoma's and always says complimentary and gracious things about his skating during each competition. In my opinion, if you listen to Kurt when he's commentating, he seems to have enthusiasm for specific skaters like Patrick Chan, Javi Fernandez, Yuzuru Hanyu, Denis Ten, Daisuke Takahashi (before he retired), Takahiko Kozuka (he felt like he was Taka's mentor) and now Shoma seems to be on the list. I've always felt that although Kurt did the very first quad ever, when he was competing, he was an artistic skater above all and this is why I think he appreciates Shoma's style. If I'm not mistaken I think he referred to Shoma, once, as "Showman Uno" because of his performance ability.

Please don't be too sad about Shoma's placement. He had a phenomenal season and he was in the top 10 at the Worlds and has plenty of good years ahead. He's a star, at his young age, and will continue to shine!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I felt bad too. Even his sweet coach didn't seem to be able to comfort him as she usually does. He had an amazing senior debut season. He has a great future.

I have already seen several photos of him smiling. So I hope his initial disappointment is over and he is ready to continue fighting hard for Japan and all his fans...That picture of him at Legal Seafood Restaurant with the huge lobster is hilarious!!! Does my heart good to see him smiling.

deedee1

Record Breaker

Kurt seems to be a fan of Shoma's and always says complimentary and gracious things about his skating during each competition. In my opinion, if you listen to Kurt when he's commentating, he seems to have enthusiasm for specific skaters like Patrick Chan, Javi Fernandez, Yuzuru Hanyu, Denis Ten, Daisuke Takahashi (before he retired), Takahiko Kozuka (he felt like he was Taka's mentor) and now Shoma seems to be on the list. I've always felt that although Kurt did the very first quad ever, when he was competing, he was an artistic skater above all and this is why I think he appreciates Shoma's style. If I'm not mistaken I think he referred to Shoma, once, as "Showman Uno" because of his performance ability.

Thank you so much for letting us know CBC broadcast and Kurt complimenting on Shoma, cdngirl. :) We, his fans outside of Canada, would not have known it probably without your quotes here. I hope Shoma also gets to know about it. :yes:
Is there any chance Kurt is interested in choreograghing competitive program(s) for Shoma, I wonder. Kurt+Shoma+cool music as SP is a dream for me.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
^^
Now that's an interesting though. All of his were done by Yamada and Higuchi, I wonder if we'll be seeing some changes now. He is going to include a quad loop too:

On the quad loop for next season: “I don’t just want to include it, I will include it. At this competition, I realized I didn’t have enough. I want to compete against Yuzu-kun and the other competitors so I want to include it without any doubts.”

After last month’s Four Continents Championships, he trained unlike ever before; however, he couldn’t show the fruits of his efforts in competition. “It’s frustrating that all that training was for nothing,” he said, as large tears welled up after the free skate. “I’ve grown up a lot in the past month. I want there to be meaning to this failure. I’ll take what happened at the World Championships and return it back at the next one.”
http://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/winter/20160404-OHT1T50009.html

Ah it's not for nothing, I hope he feels much better by now and he's a fighter, it's obvious!

Also cuteness:
https://45.media.tumblr.com/50ea8d798562b8f71a2b34671d9fb962/tumblr_o53jg3aYV01v9474oo1_400.gif
https://40.media.tumblr.com/27416518d3a7928cfa971a81e6bc4fb1/tumblr_o53f3qnKhS1qedt84o1_540.jpg