Shoma Uno | Page 698 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Bcath

On the Ice
Is it possible that Shoma will go to Cricket Club in August? Both his choreographers are in Toronto and he did say that’s when they will work his programs. Perhaps he will stay there at the Cricket and give that training environment a try for a month or so.

rabidline

Final Flight
Is it possible that Shoma will go to Cricket Club in August? Both his choreographers are in Toronto and he did say that’s when they will work his programs. Perhaps he will stay there at the Cricket and give that training environment a try for a month or so.

We'll still have to wait and see, I guess!

It remains a possibility, but IIRC there was no info on where Shae-Lynn worked with Shoma last year for Great Spirit (I don't think no one even knew she was doing an EX for him, just that he went to Canada), while the selfie David posted on his Instagram of him and Shoma when they worked for TAT didn't look like it was taken at the Cricket Club:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh-ZJ0uj_Xy/

Dreamer57

Record Breaker

He did go to Toronto around April 2018, I remember when he was in the same photo as Joseph Phan.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17909211115165695/?hl=en

I think it was Buckingham arena at that time.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
14. What is your opinion of Shoko-chan?

Oh, it’s cute and fun. But I get confused when I see Uno referred to in the articles or posts as anything but Shoma Uno, like Masami Uno, and Shoko-chan, because I don’t understand the Origins of all the nicknames.

rabidline

Final Flight

OniBan

Final Flight
14. What is your opinion of Shoko-chan?

Oh, it’s cute and fun. But I get confused when I see Uno referred to in the articles or posts as anything but Shoma Uno, like Masami Uno, and Shoko-chan, because I don’t understand the Origins of all the nicknames.

I think Masami is what comes up for his name in Google translate (I'm guessing the cluster of kanji for his name can also be read as Masami?)
Shoko-chan is Shoma's female alter ego LOL (he cross-dressed as a girl at The Ice last year, and that incarnation is forever known as Shoko-chan)

OniBan

Final Flight

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think Masami is what comes up for his name in Google translate (I'm guessing the cluster of kanji for his name can also be read as Masami?)
Shoko-chan is Shoma's female alter ego LOL (he cross-dressed as a girl at The Ice last year, and that incarnation is forever known as Shoko-chan)

Oh, I get that after a few times I see it in conjunction with photos, but at first I am not sure why I am seeing it on the feed. I am more text than visual oriented, so I look at the text first. Sometimes, if the pictures are heavily photoshopped, like these ones, I even have troubles recognizing Uno.

https://twitter.com/MaryAgnetha/status/1139630387020345344?s=20

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Shoma hasnt even officially gone there and already so much media attention? Its worse than in Japan.

On a brighter note, he won't understand what the journalists write about him, all the matchmaking (not in the sports sense :biggrin:), etc.

A side note: the traditional Japanese-Russian transliteration differs from the Japanese-English one. In particular, Shoma's name is usually spelled as Сёма and pronounced as Söma, which coincidentally is also the Russian diminutive version of the name Simon. So, when google-transating, keep in mind that Simon == Shoma. :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma is in Novogorsk! First one ( of possibly many selfies with the other skaters training there, haha) Looking good so far :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Byt3CCVjopG/?igshid=idkb64ena861

Hooray! She gets the prize for the first photo with Shomachka! He looks so good. Hopefully this will be the first of many photos! :thank: :party2:

Adding -- He is so humble and so kind about allowing photos. Such a treat for these young skaters to meet an Olympian.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Aww, the first photos from Novogorsk, so cute :) honestly, it has the making for a soap opera, a Russian Summer or smthng...

15. Would you rather see Shoma become a coach or a choreographer?

I am secretly thinking entertainer, because of his undeniable charisma