Shoma Uno | Page 1151 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Lyyli

On the Ice
Aleksandr Galliamov took one photo out of his vault today- in NHK Trophy 2021 fans reported that he and Anastasia Mishina approached Shoma after the gala for a photo and the photo was Galliamov carrying Shoma like a princess.... and after 2,5 years we finally got the photo 🤣

And the first photo is from Finlandia Trophy 2019. Shoma came to Finland though he competed at Japan Open just the previous weekend.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Aleksandr Galliamov took one photo out of his vault today- in NHK Trophy 2021 fans reported that he and Anastasia Mishina approached Shoma after the gala for a photo and the photo was Galliamov carrying Shoma like a princess.... and after 2,5 years we finally got the photo 🤣

this photo is troubling me... i have a hard time imagining who had the best deal, Shoma being lifted like a princess or Galliamov lifting Shoma :) I'd like to try both... I can certainly lift Shoma like a pincess... not sure Galliamov can lift me though... I am almost 6 foot tall... but I'd like him to try.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@4everchan @Lyyli I always LOVED those Galliamov photos! He and Shoma were hilarious together with the height difference! Maybe not quite as hilarious as with Nikolaj Memola, but hilarious nonetheless.

And how about this priceless video where Galliamov lifts tiny Sho during the gala so he can be seen in the photo!

:laugh2::points:Fairy always makes me smile!

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With Shoma planning a pay to view YouTube channel, I am hoping we will see a lot more of him than we have recently. I am intrigued by what the future plans will be. I don't see Shoma as a coach but I may be wrong. I am sure he will perform for many years.
I would like to see a return to those World Professional Championships that I loved watching in the 90s. Japan would provide excellent audiences.
I don't see him as a head coach, having a skater with whom he would have to travel, coach on the mental game, communicate in English to people while overseas, etc. And honestly, I wonder if he would HATE that. LOL. But I can definitely see him as a coach in other capacities. Imagine being at Mao's rink and having the teacher leading the Edge Class be Shoma! Or the stroking class, the class on total body movement, the skating skills class. That I can see! Plus having him there would certainly lend prestige to the rink. Oh well, just dreaming here! :bed:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Going down memory lane with some of these amazing costumes that were only worn at ice shows or several of them were worn once at competitions. Oh my gosh -- purple Shoboe, White Loco, gorgeous red Stairway to Heaven (never liked the purple). No wonder this guy has been on the Best Dressed List.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Going down memory lane with some of these amazing costumes that were only worn at ice shows or several of them were worn once at competitions. Oh my gosh -- purple Shoboe, White Loco, gorgeous red Stairway to Heaven (never liked the purple). No wonder this guy has been on the Best Dressed List.

damn.. i cannot see since i am not on X... i don't remember white loco but would love to see it ;)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aw, here are "the boys"!

It says Shoma says he wants to search for a new career. (Um, good idea..LOL). There were lots of smiles and there was lots of fun.

He chose NHK as the most memorable competition of the season.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Shoma the fashion icon! Check out his pants, grey stripe. Retirement is looking good on you Sho!

NHK is Sho trolling us.😂 isn't that the competition he got all those bad calls and If I remember
correctly Stephane was not to happy about that.

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I took one look at that outfit and wondered if he had grabbed something out of 97 year old Grandpa's closet. Sheesh. My thoughts.exactly.about NHK also fondly remembered as the competition of the 4 q's where (at the very most) only 2 were q's. The only competition where we ever heard Stepen really complain! Shoma will continue to be Shoma!

It made me laugh how the one translation said he's searching for a new career. I figure on the 14th he'll tell us about the next 10 things he already has planned. Could be trolling to the max. On the other hand, he could just wait to see what opportunities come his way. The entire world certainly has heard that he retired!

rabidline

Final Flight
The Colantotte event seem to be very lively! There were reports of anecdotes everywhere but here's the tidbits I caught:

- The first guest was Itsuki, the Uno brothers haven't met each other in a while (Shoma checks on him between months now). They bantered about Shoma's favorite meat cut and Itsuki roasted Shoma for playing games in his room in the past and taking away his charger plug because Shoma's own is broken 🤣

- The guest skaters shared untold stories about Shoma:

1. Kazuki said when they were young Shoma used to call him "Tomoki-kun" mixing up his first and last name 🤣 this connected to how Shoma saved Kazuki's email the first time: Tomoki the Guitar Player (because Kazuki had a guitar playing choreo). Kazuki sometimes worry that Shoma gets injured before important competitions, but if Shoma said he'll do it then Kazuki saw Shoma will do it 5x more than what he said, he's just like that.

2. Sota once got locked on a hotel balcony by Shoma as a prank when they were young 🤣 also the story of how Sota got an advisory contract with Colantotte: so Sota forgot his necklace at Cup of China 2024 and Shoma lent him his Colantotte necklace when he performed his EX "Teeth" . Since then Shoma kept pushing him to be supported by Colantotte and here he is now 😅 Sota fans also said that Sota has been sharing that he's wearing Colantotte in his Unlim membership streams.

3. Koshiro asked Shoma to stop extending their gaming after Shoma himself said "this is the last time for today" 🤣 he kept doing that and Koshiro said once they kept playing for 2 hours since Shoma said this is the last time.

4. Rio was so, so sweet and asked Shoma to not forget him after he retired. Rio has been a big fan of Shoma since he was in elementary school and skated on the same ice together, and he wishes that he can skate with Shoma in future ice shows... hopefully Colantotte ice shows? 🥺 Shoma hugged him a bit after. He was very shy and seem pretty moved, while the other 4 were roasting each other.

Also after the event Shoma, Koshiro and Sota visited UNO1 Cafe and hung out:

rabidline

Final Flight
I have a different take on NHK Trophy: I think Shoma said that because he will remember the competition as the time he can make Stephane very, very happy with his skates. And Stephane was happy and was very appreciative and emotional, we all know that. In a season where Shoma struggled with competitive motivation I think he chose to remember that moment as a happy one, so no, I don't think he's trolling.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a different take on NHK Trophy: I think Shoma said that because he will remember the competition as the time he can make Stephane very, very happy with his skates. And Stephane was happy and was very appreciative and emotional, we all know that. In a season where Shoma struggled with competitive motivation I think he chose to remember that moment as a happy one, so no, I don't think he's trolling.
I think he genuinely chose that event as a happy one as well, because he skated as well as he possibly could at that event, even though the judges had different opinions. It seems like he received a lot of support from his fans there too, I remember tearing up when I heard fans on the livestream shouting "Shoma!" just after the medal ceremony. 😢

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't know why I forgot to follow the uno1cafe on Instagram! If you haven't followed it yet, there's lots of cool stuff! I want one of those coffee cups with the dog! He should sell them! Best of luck to Tree in his new endeavors! I nominate him for best brother ever! :ghug::console: BTW I met him twice. He is so very, very nice. I think it runs in the family.

Instagram.com/uno1cafe

Beautiful flowers sent to the Cafe by a famous family member! Guess who!
Screenshot (112).png

Last edited:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't know why I forgot to follow the uno1cafe on Instagram! If you haven't followed it yet, there's lots of cool stuff! I want one of those coffee cups with the dog! He should sell them! Best of luck to Tree in his new endeavors! I nominate him for best brother ever! :ghug::console: BTW I met him twice. He is so very, very nice. I think it runs in the family.

Instagram.com/uno1cafe

Beautiful flowers sent to the Cafe by a famous family member! Guess who!
View attachment 7992
Lol, I can't believe there's lacinato kale in this flower bouquet, this is definitely an instance of trolling. 🤣

Not to me. That was a slap in the face that left everyone bewildered and Stephane justifiably angry.
Hey, I share your opinion as well, it's not one of  my memorable Shoma moments. I remember that as the first time I cried into my Shoma banner...

But Shoma was there, and not me, so I see how he could have a different take on things. He was there to receive Stéphane's kindness and praise and potentially gain motivation from it...

(There is a part of me that wonders whether his retirement was partially to spare us fans from more incidents like what happened at NHK...)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
damn.. i cannot see since i am not on X... i don't remember white loco but would love to see it ;)
Here we go! Such a beautiful costume that it prompted some to say :"Justice for White Loco!" Wish he would wear it in a future ice show. That one and purple Shoboe. I also would LOVE to know what he paid for those Shoboe costumes -- 2 of them no less. Since they charge by the bead / sequin, they have to have been rather pricey. I remember someone saying "I could maybe afford one sleeve, if that!" It costs to be the best dressed! Worth every penny in my book.
WhiteLoco.jpg