Skate Canada Announces 2021-22 National Team | Golden Skate

Skate Canada Announces 2021-22 National Team

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OTTAWA, ON: Skate Canada is pleased to announce the 2021-22 National Team. The National team is consisted of 24 members, which includes three men, three women, four pair teams and five ice dance teams.

To be named to the National Team, a skater must finish in the top three in senior men, women, pair and ice dance disciplines at the 2020 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships and/or be assigned to the 2021 ISU World Figure Skating Championships and/or be assigned to a 2021 ISU Grand Prix event and must be competing in the 2021-22 season. Skate Canada has the discretion to add athletes/teams during the 2021-22 season

Skate Canada also announced the three teams that will make up the Skate Canada Synchronized Skating National Team. The Synchronized National Team comprises those teams finishing in the top three in senior discipline at the 2020 Skate Canada Synchronized Skating Championships.

Their appointment to the National Team is effective from July 1, 2021, through to June 30, 2022.

MEN
Keegan Messing, 29, Sherwood Park, Alta.
Roman Sadovsky, 22, Vaughn, Ont.
Nam Nguyen, 23, Ajax, Ont.

WOMEN
Madeline Schizas, 17, Oakville, Ont.
Emily Bausback, 19, Vancouver, BC
Alison Schumacher, 18, Tecumseh, Ont.

PAIR
Kirsten Moore-Towers, 29, St. Catharines, Ont. & Michael Marinaro, 29, Sarnia, Ont.
Evelyn Walsh, 20, London, Ont. & Trennt Michaud, 25, Trenton, Ont.
Vanessa James, 33, Scarborough, Ont. & Eric Radford, 36, Balmertown, Ont.
Lori Ann Matte, 21, Lévis, Que. & Thierry Ferland, 23, Lévis, Que.

ICE DANCE
Piper Gilles, 29, Toronto, Ont. & Paul Poirier, 29, Unionville, Ont.
Laurence Fournier Beaudry, 29, Montreal, Que. & Nikolaj Sorensen, 32, Montreal, Que.
Marjorie Lajoie, 20, Boucherville, Que. & Zachary Lagha, 22, Saint-Hubert, Que.
Carolane Soucisse, 26, Chateauguay, Que. & Shane Firus, 27, North Vancouver, B.C.
Haley Sales, 24, Burnaby, B.C., & Nikolas Wamsteeker, 24, Langley, B.C.

SYNCHRONIZED SKATING
Les Suprêmes, of CPA Saint- Léonard
NEXXICE, of the Burlington Skating Centre
Nova, of CPS NOVA

SkaterDadz

Spectator
Country
Canada

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It seems get a Grand Prix was key. Isn't it hard on the body of work argument then for skaters without GP and on the team therefore to have a shot at the Olympics? Gabby impressed me at the Quebec Summer competition. I mean she is fighting. I would hope she gets a chance. She definitely went for everything. There's only one spot open for Worlds and Olympics in Canada for the ladies. She struggled in the short and long but I believe went for everything. 178 for the first competition isn't terrible. I hope they can build her confidence, develop her jumps and spins more. And build her up overall. She is a wonderful skater. and we all love a come back story.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
you should get to know Madeline pretty fast if she keeps skating well and improving as fast as she has last year...
I would must rather see Madeline get the Olympic spot since their is only room for one lady Gaby has had her time and been to 2 Olympics but it's now time for someone else.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I would must rather see Madeline get the Olympic spot since their is only room for one lady Gaby has had her time and been to 2 Olympics but it's now time someone else.
may the best lady win.... gabby is an olympic champion... so yes, she has had her turn, but I personally do not believe in that... the Olympics are such a special event for athletes, it is so hard to get there, that to me, it's not because gabby has been there twice that she doesn't deserve to go again... if she is the best in Canada, she should go... I mean, look what happened to Alaine...

mrrice

Record Breaker
may the best lady win.... gabby is an olympic champion... so yes, she has had her turn, but I personally do not believe in that... the Olympics are such a special event for athletes, it is so hard to get there, that to me, it's not because gabby has been there twice that she doesn't deserve to go again... if she is the best in Canada, she should go... I mean, look what happened to Alaine...
I agree with this 100%. Gabby may have been to two Games but, if she is hungry and gets herself back to her old form, she should go. May the best Lady get opportunity to represent Canada.

Edit: I just watched Madeline's "I Will Wait For You" LP and all I can say is Wow! I don't think even a clean Gabby could beat that. At least not the performance that I just watched. That opening Triple Loop, Triple Toe was amazing.

Last edited: