Skateable, Never-Before-Used Music | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Skateable, Never-Before-Used Music

lyverbird1

Final Flight
top tier skaters have skated to it too, someone just this season skated to it (or perhaps it was last season but pretty sure it was this season). cant remember who though, it was cringey.

Do you mean Anastasia Galustyan's short programme last season (appropriately enough skating to namesake music)? Can't say I found it cringey...

Nafetaks

On the Ice
Country
Germany

lappo

Final Flight
I have a feeling this won't be never-skated-before music for long.

I share your feeling...but I hope it doesn't begin the new "I put a spell on you" during the Olympic season.

I would love ice dancers to skate to "Across the stars" and "Pride and prejudice"; they are famous scores from beloved movies so they could be a good vehicles in the Olympic year. Also, "The theory of everything" has a very good soundtrack!

Last edited:

guitarist

On the Ice
I wonder if parts of Mozart's Piano Concerto no. 20 (1st mov) could be used? Maybe not. It has a lot of fun moments, but it's long, so a lot of the best musical moments would be lost.

Heh, reading this thread I just remembered that when I first got interested in figure skating after watching Yuzuru's SP for Sochi (it stood out because I just happened to have been learning Parisienne Walkways on guitar at the time), I thought "ohhh, wouldn't it be great to see someone skate to Rach's 2nd piano concerto?" It only took me a few seconds of googling to realize that everyone and their dog had already done it haha.

Manitou

Medalist
Suzanne by L. Cohen - extremely skateable, but only for galas! Preferably by Kaetlyn Osmond.

Weathergal

Medalist
I share your feeling...but I hope it doesn't begin the new "I put a spell on you" during the Olympic season.

I would love ice dancers to skate to "Across the stars" and "Pride and prejudice"; they are famous scores from beloved movies so they could be a good vehicles in the Olympic year. Also, "The theory of everything" has a very good soundtrack!

US ice dancers Kaitlyn Hawayek / Jean-Luc Baker skated to "The Theory of Everything" soundtrack.

gourry

Final Flight
Has anyone skated to Star Trek Voyager theme song? I think this is quite adventurous, triumphant, somewhat nostalgic, overall great. As is, it is too short so it needs to be meshed with something else though.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Has anyone skated to Star Trek Voyager theme song? I think this is quite adventurous, triumphant, somewhat nostalgic, overall great. As is, it is too short so it needs to be meshed with something else though.

Priceless......:laugh2: I haven't seen anyone use Voyager but, I have used the TNG opening. I had a dancer who looked exactly like "Tasha Yar" and we did a "Novelty" star trek routine. I loved it.

You know what song I think would be great for a ladies SP. Sail Away by Enya :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zkjQVh5KmQ

Last edited:

gourry

Final Flight
Priceless......:laugh2: I haven't seen anyone use Voyager but, I have used the TNG opening. I had a dancer who looked exactly like "Tasha Yar" and we did a "Novelty" star trek routine. I loved it.

LOL Now that you mentioned it, I wouldn't mind some lady does a routine with Seven of Nine caracter. ;D TNG opening is not bad either, but it screams 'Star Trek' whereas Voyager could go unnoticed. :p