Skaters who skate to the same music: How do they compare? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Skaters who skate to the same music: How do they compare?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
This is very true. I also think that the ladies you listed are capable of fantastic jumps. I think with the new system that some coaches are reluctant to spend the time needed to perfect a triple axel. Also, they can probably gain enough points with their difficult combos like Yuna did, to beat Mao.

If someone can explain the point value for a triple axel versus a triple lutz, triple toe.

Thank you in advance.
The value of a triple axel is 8.50. 3Lz-3T is 10.10. (Source: 2014 WC SP).

What I liked about 6.0 was how it didn't (usually) miss the forest for the trees. If you're the one girl in the field throwing down triple axel, while several girls are landing 3-3s, 6.0 had the flexibility to account for the uniqueness and difficulty of what you were doing. The points just don't say "yea" in COP so far, especially if you get a dreaded UR call.

(And yes, neither Midori nor Tonya were as successful under 6.0 as Mao was under COP, but Midori and Tonya faltered due to their own nerves and issues, respectively).

mrrice

Record Breaker
The value of a triple axel is 8.50. 3Lz-3T is 10.10. (Source: 2014 WC SP).

What I liked about 6.0 was how it didn't (usually) miss the forest for the trees. If you're the one girl in the field throwing down triple axel, while several girls are landing 3-3s, 6.0 had the flexibility to account for the uniqueness and difficulty of what you were doing. The points just don't say "yea" in COP so far, especially if you get a dreaded UR call.

(And yes, neither Midori nor Tonya were as successful under 6.0 as Mao was under COP, but Midori and Tonya faltered due to their own nerves and issues, respectively).

Thank you so much for the information, Sandpiper. I truly appreciate and value the responses I've received on this site. :bow: