So Youn Park skates into the spotlight | Page 2 | Golden Skate

So Youn Park skates into the spotlight

Meoima

Match Penalty
If So Youn manage a good result in future (podium in major event) then she may find a personal sponsor only for herself, they will help her in costs so she can train overboard without KSU's help, just as Yuna before.
Who sponsored Yuna when she moved to Orser, if I might ask? Maybe they should put more money on So Youn. She has talents, and she's pretty as well.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Who sponsored Yuna when she moved to Orser, if I might ask? Maybe they should put more money on So Youn. She has talents, and she's pretty as well.

I'm not sure, might have been themselves, I believe Orser charged Yuna $110/hour at the time which would be a steal for a big name coach, but at the time she was his first student and she had won some junior titles so maybe they used that prize money. I think around the time for GPF 2006 there were rumours that she would have to stop competing due to the lack of funding, but then she won and continued.

Eclair

Medalist
I don't think Soyoun needs to train abroad if the judges would do their job right -_-. She has great jumping techniques - which I fear would suffer with another coach - a great and renowned choreographer, her spins may not be as fast as alissas, but she doesn't travel and has good positions (by ISU the criteria for jumps). She also has Yuna as a mentor, who knows about the importance of training SS and speed.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
The very first is the top financial group in Korea called Kookmin. But quickly Hyundai, Samsung, LG and several top brand joined them to sponsor/hire Yuna as a model which she is still now for 7 years already.

But I'm not sure if they invest in So Youn. I watched a TV show a few month ago, a dad asked his 7 yrs old son "do you know what winter olympic is?", his son answered "Kim Yuna sister?". That mean Yuna is a huge phenomenon and she herself bigger than a sport. Figure skating and most of winter sport in general are not popular at all, they couldn't make any profit from young athlete now. Even some world class athletes in short track still struggle in living.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I think J. Estina was (and still is) also one of Yuna's initial sponsors. She almost didn't get a chance to have them as a sponsor due to the mismanagement of IB Sports AFAIR.

Idk what ATS is doing right now but they need to get So Youn's name out into the public. So far, the only public event that I read that she participated in other than local fan-meets was a cycling-related event.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I think J. Estina was (and still is) also one of Yuna's initial sponsors. She almost didn't get a chance to have them as a sponsor due to the mismanagement of IB Sports AFAIR.
J.Estina is with Yuna since 2008 when she was a top star already . Anw I love her image for this brand, super elegant :eek::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFNy5-AejAw

Idk what ATS is doing right now but they need to get So Youn's name out into the public. So far, the only public event that I read that she participated in other than local fan-meets was a cycling-related event.
I think ATS is not a real management company, put it simply, they s*ck at it. They more like a group of several staffs work for Yuna's sake as well as a charity organization for young/poor athletes. They didn't intend to get any profit from them, just support them by a part of Yuna's money.

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist

to be fair to ATS.. how can they focus on so youn into the public when she's not producing any results.. so youn had the chance to be in the podium in russia but blew it completely in the short.. if she ended up in the podium.. i'm 100% sure she would have been welcomed by the media.. fans.. and more likely more appearances in the public.. but it didn't happen.. she's young and has a lot of potential.... the next olympics will be in her home country.. plenty of time to produce results.. and i think she will get the attention that she deserves..

s_parks

Record Breaker
to be fair to ATS.. how can they focus on so youn into the public when she's not producing any results.. so youn had the chance to be in the podium in russia but blew it completely in the short.. if she ended up in the podium.. i'm 100% sure she would have been welcomed by the media.. fans.. and more likely more appearances in the public.. but it didn't happen.. she's young and has a lot of potential.... the next olympics will be in her home country.. plenty of time to produce results.. and i think she will get the attention that she deserves..

I agree. What Soyoun needs to do is produce results. I don't agree with publicity before winning.