So-Youn Park | Page 60 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

Warwick360

Medalist

I wasn't sure when I saw that Soyoun was doing Black Swan, in terms of whether she'd be able to meet the pacing or if she'd end up slower than the music like in the case of Dabin at Worlds with La La Land. But it actually looks better than I'd imagined. :agree:

Still hope her team slows down the earlier part of the SP. Her pacing really doesn't match the intensity of the earlier part of music. Maybe choosing something slower for the first half of the sequence might make the judges notice better the gracefulness of her arm movements. Well, at least one could dream, in regards to judges paying attention.:rolleye:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
So Youn's SP from Oly's and JGP selections thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMM4GgPVI4s :love:

Super happy for her! She might be able to get one of the two spots Da Bin has managed to secure :hap10:

The program looks soooo good, very good choice for her.

I feel judges seems to penalise her lovely lyrical, graceful and soft qualies in her skating for lack of emotions or skating skills, this music would more than compensate for the drama, and she does not look slow. She looks good this early in the season. I am worried about her injuries, but watching her just remind me why I very much like her in the first place. One of the most lyrical skaters around, hugely underated and best arms in the business.

Very best of luck to her this season. It will be amazing if she get to skate this at home.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Shame about combo, she should've put 2T to loop, ugh. But nice to see her compete, loop was really nice, axel too and her Ina Bauer :love: Soyoun is so talented, it kills me that she's not up there with top ladies. And she's always so underscored :( Today it was not her best performance-wise but obviously, she's just back after long break to big competitions. Good luck in free!
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNfg1SgA4_o

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Shame about combo, she should've put 2T to loop, ugh. But nice to see her compete, loop was really nice, axel too and her Ina Bauer :love: Soyoun is so talented, it kills me that she's not up there with top ladies. And she's always so underscored :( Today it was not her best performance-wise but obviously, she's just back after long break to big competitions. Good luck in free!
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNfg1SgA4_o

PCS obviously underscored. She has such nice flow, line, posture and musicality. :love:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Seeing how she went for a salchow at the beginning, does that mean she’s completely healed from her injury now, and that she was attempting 3S-3T again?

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
what happened to her in the FS? :( :( She looked really tired/injured/just out of it.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
what type of injury Soyoun suffered before, I cannot remember the detail, if any kind soyoun fans here can give a more detailed account of her injury.

as for the obviously disappointing free, I dont have enough information such as her over-condition in this event.
But I think, her goal is to make the OG team anyway. So aim for that, aim for continuing recover and peaking at nationals and make the team, if make it, blossom at OG. For korean ladies that is enough.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Free was a mess but still happy that she's back on ice competing :) I wish for her to reach her best level and skate well at the Olympics :pray:

leminent

Rinkside
what type of injury Soyoun suffered before, I cannot remember the detail, if any kind soyoun fans here can give a more detailed account of her injury.

Her ankle was fractured. To be accurate, her bone was broken.
According to Korean commentary, she withdrew RC because of another surgery in early October. Plus during practice, SY is still having hard time without painkiller. It seems not bad that her 3S3T and 2A3T are almost back considering the surgery was just a month ago.