Sokolova's complaint | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sokolova's complaint

gkelly

Record Breaker
And Worlds.

Russia still gets 3 placements at Worlds because of Sokolova's top 5 finish last year, right?

I don't see what she's complaining about.

No, the results of the top 2 finishers are taken into account. Sokolova finished 4th and Martinova was 19th, which adds up to 23 points, so they qualified 2 spots for 2007. (Gerboldt was 26th after the short program and didn't advance to the long.)

However, I'm sure that if Sokolova is convincingly the best Russian lady at Euros, especially if she medals and the others don't come close, she will be sent to Worlds.

sussweden

Rinkside
"She has less than 3 weeks to make up for all the work she hasn't done all season. Can she do it?"

I think she is just the one who actually can do it.

/Lena

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"She has less than 3 weeks to make up for all the work she hasn't done all season. Can she do it?"

I think she is just the one who actually can do it.

/Lena

But will she? If she feels that even with her best efforts, the Russian federation wants to replace her with younger skaters, then there IS no motivation for her to work her butt off for three weeks. Maybe her coach can convince her she's not being slighted.

I hope she does have a great skate at Euros. I don't think either Ievleva or Doronina is a consistent skater and they could conceivably bomb in Warsaw.

TtonyV7

On the Ice
As I recall Alexandra Ievleva completed a T.Loop-d.toe in the SP, not a d.lp-d.t.

Anyhow, she was probably the most refreshing skater I have seen come from russia in a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG TIMEEEEE. She has this nice prescence on the ice, and her maturity does show in her skating. Nice extensions and dance like quality in her footwork. Plus she looks like Diana Poth.....hehehehe....... Any how I hope that she can pull together at Euro's and not let the pressure get to her.

All these skating woes that are going on in Russia made me wish that Soldatova stayed around.....I always wonder why did the federation switch their support from Soldatova to Volchokova when Soldatova had been skating fairly well......

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Soldatova developed a chronic foot injury and she was no better off than Vika.