Sondre Oddvoll Bøe | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sondre Oddvoll Bøe

DenissVFan

Medalist
I'm looking forward to it! Sondre seems ready for the season, with two new programmes and costumes. Where do you think he'll compete before nationals?

Country
Norway
I´m guessing he will participate in Finlandia Trophy, like he did last year. It seems likely it will be arranged, considering the low number of new Coronaviruses in Finland. That is, if the athletes will be allowed in. In Norway the number is increasing, but still under control for now. But tomorrow school starts again, so i´m really nervous about the next weeks. As for now, Finland is one of the few countries in Europa now where the Government doesn´t require quarantine after returning, because the numbers are still low. But this could change. But i´m quessing Sondre has no problem taking the risk of 10 days of quarantine to participate in a Challenger-event. My concern is that by October the new Coronavirus cases in Norway will be so high that Finland requires 10 days of quarantine for entering the country from Norway. In that case there could be a problem, but maybe Sondre is even planning to go minimum 10 days before just to be sure he will not miss it. He was already in Finland a few weeks ago to make his new programs and I think he has good connections there so there will probably not be unlikely he could go before.

Maybe he even will try to attend Nebelhorn Trophy if it will be arranged, just to be sure he will have some competitions.

He also did Lombardia last season as start of the season, will it be arranged? In that case he might go there also before Finlandia. Italy does not require quarantine today so that would be possible to attend right now.

For what I can tell, it looks like he is planning for a normal start of the season, and as long as there will be a comp and a live stream I will be very happy just to see his new programs!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He also did Lombardia last season as start of the season, will it be arranged? In that case he might go there also before Finlandia. Italy does not require quarantine today so that would be possible to attend right now.!

Lombardia isn't running this season, so he can't go there. I'm hoping to see him skate at Finlandia and/or Nebelhorn though! And at least a few of the 40+ Senior B events now on the schedule should run, so hopefully we'll get a chance to see him at some of those too (and with any luck, this year he and World TES minimums will be on speaking terms).

I'm really looking forward to his Four Seasons - I might just find myself with a new favorite for that particular warhorse! Love the costume too, it's restrained without being boring, and green is unusual enough as a colour choice that it always stands out.

Country
Norway
Lombardia isn't running this season, so he can't go there. I'm hoping to see him skate at Finlandia and/or Nebelhorn though! And at least a few of the 40+ Senior B events now on the schedule should run, so hopefully we'll get a chance to see him at some of those too (and with any luck, this year he and World TES minimums will be on speaking terms).

I'm really looking forward to his Four Seasons - I might just find myself with a new favorite for that particular warhorse! Love the costume too, it's restrained without being boring, and green is unusual enough as a colour choice that it always stands out.

Ah yes, then probably Finlandia and maybe also Nebelhorn. And also hopefully some senior B events that will be arranged.

I have a good feeling about the Four Season program, it might be the program where he get the World TES minimums yes.

I don´t think we will see 3A this season either. He hasn´t been on training camp outside Norway this summer, so I don´t think he has focused so much on the technical layout. When he was in Finland he was making only making the programs I think. When Sondre was in Bergamo last summer he started to train on quads, but I don´t think he had the chance to work on them this summer.

Country
Norway
Interview with Sondre in Absolute Skating. It was done right after Challenge Cup, but there is a short update in the end about how the last months has been.

Can be read here.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Interview with Sondre in Absolute Skating. It was done right after Challenge Cup, but there is a short update in the end about how the last months has been.

Can be read here.

What a great interview, thanks for the link!

- - - Updated - - -

Can be read here.

Country
Norway

- - - Updated - - -

It was so nice to get insight in how last season really was, and why he changed the programs. It also looks like he was planning for Tom Dickson to only do the FS for this season, and Mark Pillay the SP, but there was a change of plan and now Tom has done both.

Also the interview was done before the Coronavirus really started to impact everybody, a bit strange to read about the originally plans he had for holiday. Ah!

Country
Norway
Sondre is on the entry list for Nebelhorn Trophy :yahoo: Fingers crossed it will be arranged and that Sondre will be able to go. If the numbers will be about the same as now and there will be no changed in restrictions, he will have to take 10 days in quarantine after returning to Norway, but for now there is no travel restrictions going into Germany from Norway, which means it will be possible. I have a feeling that Sondre will feel it is worth taking the quarantine after returning, in order to compete in NT.

It is also possible that the Germany cases will go down again, and that the quarantine will be removed for Germany. They just crossed the "line" last week (20 cases per 100 000 inhabitants average last 14 days) and they are just above (21)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sondre's no longer on the Nebelhorn entry list. I hope he's not injured...

Country
Norway
I´m so sad :( Well, hoping also he is not injured, and that is just the situation with Covid and Germany being listed as not recommended to travel to, which is the reason. Will look closely at his IG to see if there are any hints. I recall he was training on the ice a few days ago?

Country
Norway
Hungary is one of the few countries in Europe now norwegians can travel to which is considered safe enough and would not require quarantine after returning home. If it´s the matter of quarantine that could mean it is a good chance Sondre can go to Hungary in October instead.

Well, actually have not checked Hungary requirements, it could be that norwegians are not allowed inside the country without quarantine, if they have stricter policies.

icetug

Medalist
Hungary is one of the few countries in Europe now norwegians can travel to which is considered safe enough and would not require quarantine after returning home.
Not anymore:

From midnight on Friday 11 September, anyone entering Norway from these countries and areas will be required to go into quarantine:
Hungary and Slovakia. The same applies to the following regions in Sweden: Jämtland and Örebro; the following region in Denmark: Southern Denmark; and the following region in Finland: Kainuu.

Country
Norway
The text on Sondres recent IG-story today says: "Going right from school to training". Well it seems he is healthy and not injured :)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Oh no I was so looking forward to seeing him :( But the most important thing is indeed that his withdrawal is most likely not caused by injury.

DenissVFan

Medalist
That was a very nice nice performance :) And I love seeing his joy in the K&C whenever he gets a good score :)

Country
Norway
It was so nice he posted it on IG :) This program is one of my favorite old programs, and probably also one of the top programs overall from Sondre :)

It was a really good performance and the jumps were so solid. It was not the most difficult layout, but he did get a lot of +GOEs. The 3T+3T was so solid. He had all the reason to be happy with that score, probably PB back then and without any flip or lutz.

I love that he and his coach are so totally expressing their feeling and they are so cute together (Well Berit was actually not his coach back then, but know what I mean). The reactions when he was with Huth was a little more reserved, or, the coach was.

I´m really going to miss Sondre in NT. I really really hope there will be possibilities to go to Hungary instead, and that quarantine might be removed until then or something (Well the numbers are basically getting worse over whole Europe so i´m not convinced, but positive thoughts :pray:)

Anyways, the FS replay at the JWC 2017 will start in about 30 minutes and Sondre did qualify with that lovely performance and I think he might be in the first group. Can´t really remember what FS he had back then, so will be interesting to see, so i´m happy we get to watch this replays instead and I did not watch the JWC 2017 so it´s almost like watching a new program :)