Sondre Oddvoll Bøe | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sondre Oddvoll Bøe

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope the restrictions work and case numbers come down quickly. That’s the most important thing. But it’s nice to know that Sondre will be able to keep training even without any competitions in the near future.

Country
Norway
In case you havn´t seen this, The skating lesson reposted Sondres video where he is skating outside on the frozen lake:

So nice too see him get some recognition ;)

Rinks are btw closed in Norway now due to new measures, so the figure skaters have been using the frozen lakes for training recently. All though, I think elite skaters are allowed to skate at indoor facilities, so I think Sondre is still able to train at the ice rink.

All domestic skating events are also postponed until further. My biggest wish is for Sondre to have one chance to compete this season. I still doubt he will make any international events, but I´m hoping he will at least go for a domestic event when they start again. At this point I think he just should attend domestic so he can at least get his new program rated.

As for the virus we are still managing the whole situation pretty well and are starting to vaccinating health workers after the nursing home now, but there are detected cases of the more contagious mutation, so i´m holding my breath...

Country
Norway
I love the videos too, and it looks like they are really popular. It´s nice too see more people recognize his beautiful skating!

Bad news from Norway though, it looks like Sondres rink may be closed from tomorrow again :( Today it was revealed there might be a major outbreak from the British virus mutation in eastern part of Norway, close by Oslo. The mutation may have spread undetected in 3 weeks. The horror! It turns out they have used 20 days to analyze virus samples. The reported cases from the mutation was detected from two people who died at a nursing home, and nor did they suspect the mutation or know how they got infected. Apparently there is an uncontrolled spread going on, and we don´t know how bad yet. Today several more cases from the mutation has been detected. The areas around Oslo will go into a kind of lockdown from tomorrow, they will even close shopping malls, schools and kindergarten, which they havn´t done since March.

As it if wasn´t bad enough, also today they reported that the delivery of the AstraZeneca vaccine will be delayed. Instead of 1,1 million doses, we will only get 200 000. There is only 74 000 of 5 million people vaccinated with the first dose so far, and only 1800 fully vaccinated. On the top of that they have reported that thousands of doses may have been set with the wrong needle, which mean the doses could be a waste.

Well, look at the bright side, there is still frozen lakes and Sondre may have a lot of time to make new skating videos from outside now.

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I have “discovered” him through your posts so many thanks.. very much prefer skaters who value beauty in their skating and skating on natural ice is just everything
This virus has been so so grossly underestimated and the world has been placed on notice.. an even more deadly strain has most recently been identified that is immune to vaccines (mutation is the nature of viruses) so the battle goes on. Our best defense is preventive measures, hope, prayer, and the best science but we will prevail. My friend from Astra-Seneca says vaccine is coming soon..

Country
Norway
Sondre lives in Oslo, but trains at a club outside Oslo, in Asker. It seemed the ice rink in Asker hasn´t been closed yet, but the ice rink in Oslo and some other areas had to close. I was really unsure though if he even could train in Asker since he lives in Oslo, because they don´t recommend travelling between areas to prevent the spreading. All though, according to recent storys it seems Sondre had some training at the rink, so hurray - it seems he hasn´t been affected yet. Some good news after all!

Sondre is still hooked on frozen lake skating, and he had great success with his post. He reached 1 million views on one of the post and 60 000 likes:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CKBkDjzpy85/

That is amazing!!

Also he has reached 10 700 followers on Instagram, which is quite good for a figure skater.

The spread in Norway now is very uncertain, it actually seems the spread is really under control and numbers are decreasing because of the measures, at the same time, they have detected more mutant cases, and it could be in the way of being the dominant type. All though, it seems it´s under control for now, but who knows what will happen when they are starting to loosen some of the restrictions...

Domestic figure skating events are still not allowed... Still wondering if the National Championship will go ahead in March. Borders btw have been closed for non-residentals in Norway. More and more countries are closing the borders for countries which has spread of the mutation, both Finland and Sweden have closed the borders to Norway because of the mutation.... and other countries are starting to follow.

WC is not cancelled yet, Sondre needs the collect the minimums for FS, chances seems really slim now. I know there are some few international events maybe going ahead... but I don´t think it will be possible. And if Swedens continues to close the borders to Norway he won´t even be allowed inside!

Selfish, but I would really want WC in Stockholm to be postponed or cancelled if Sondre can´t go. I think it´s a really important arena for him to get to experience the WC, as it´s so close to Oslo. There won´t be audience anyway now, but it´s so heart breaking to think about that if it hadn´t been for Covid-19, he might have qualified for WC in Stockholm, and he could have debuted in front of a small Norwegian crowd of family and friends.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sondre lives in Oslo, but trains at a club outside Oslo, in Asker. It seemed the ice rink in Asker hasn´t been closed yet, but the ice rink in Oslo and some other areas had to close. I was really unsure though if he even could train in Asker since he lives in Oslo, because they don´t recommend travelling between areas to prevent the spreading. All though, according to recent storys it seems Sondre had some training at the rink, so hurray - it seems he hasn´t been affected yet. Some good news after all!

Sondre is still hooked on frozen lake skating, and he had great success with his post. He reached 1 million views on one of the post and 60 000 likes:

That is amazing!!

Also he has reached 10 700 followers on Instagram, which is quite good for a figure skater.

The spread in Norway now is very uncertain, it actually seems the spread is really under control and numbers are decreasing because of the measures, at the same time, they have detected more mutant cases, and it could be in the way of being the dominant type. All though, it seems it´s under control for now, but who knows what will happen when they are starting to loosen some of the restrictions...

Domestic figure skating events are still not allowed... Still wondering if the National Championship will go ahead in March. Borders btw have been closed for non-residentals in Norway. More and more countries are closing the borders for countries which has spread of the mutation, both Finland and Sweden have closed the borders to Norway because of the mutation.... and other countries are starting to follow.

WC is not cancelled yet, Sondre needs the collect the minimums for FS, chances seems really slim now. I know there are some few international events maybe going ahead... but I don´t think it will be possible. And if Swedens continues to close the borders to Norway he won´t even be allowed inside!

Selfish, but I would really want WC in Stockholm to be postponed or cancelled if Sondre can´t go. I think it´s a really important arena for him to get to experience the WC, as it´s so close to Oslo. There won´t be audience anyway now, but it´s so heart breaking to think about that if it hadn´t been for Covid-19, he might have qualified for WC in Stockholm, and he could have debuted in front of a small Norwegian crowd of family and friends.
It would have been nice for his family to see him at World's. I hope he still can go to Worlds.:pray:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
He says himself he is addicted to skate outdoors now, hopefully he gets plenty of training in skating amid those breathtaking landscape in the open air - and we are equally addicted to see him skate out there 💖
As an elite athlete I would think he gets the exempt to travel. I expected him to enter Tallinn Cup but he didn't... maybe Challenge in Den Haag? He was there last year. Fingers crossed!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He reached 1 million views on one of the post and 60 000 likes:

That is amazing!!
Thank you for sharing this! I wasn't following Sondre's Insta before, bit now I am.

World's is going ahead, fingers crossed Sondre will be able to go. The situation in Europe sounds a bit dicey, but here's hoping the ISU can set up a bubble and keep everyone safe!

Country
Norway
I like you all being so optimistic that Sondre might get a spot for WC :love2: I´m also hoping he will try to attend Challenge cup to get the minimums, but he didn´t even attend some of the international events this autumn when the situation was much more stable, so i´m guessing not...

It would require 10-days self-quarantine when he returns to Norway, and I think that because of the closed borders, there is very few planes going and they might get cancelled because there isn´t enough seats bought. It´s probably very difficult to plan the whole travel-part. The best option would maybe be to drive by car, and that is very far. And he might not pass all the borders?

Sondre is having a Q/A on his IG-story right now, and one of the question in Norwegian is:

Q: "Is there any hope for you to compete the rest of this season?"
A: "It doesn´t look like it right now, but there is always hope".

It doesn´t look like he is planning for any international events the rest of the season :(

I have a little hope they would maybe adjust the minimum for WC or maybe have other critera as well in the selection of the spots, because of the whole Covid-situation. If they cut the FS minimum to 60 points, he would just qualify (EC 2019). If he got the spot, I think it would be possible to go, he could easily drive from Oslo to Stockholm or even take the train all the way. Of course, if he can cross the borders :)

Last edited:

DenissVFan

Medalist
Afaik Sondre mentioned the Challenge Cup being a possibility some time ago, but after what he posted in his story today, I'm not sure if he's even entered (or maybe he thinks it'll be cancelled anyway).

It'd be nice if he got a nod to compete at Worlds despite not meeting the FS minimum in these circumstances, but I don't know if I should get my hopes up. I wish ISU would make a definite decision about the minimums soon.

And, btw, I love Sondre's outdoor videos!

Country
Norway
I can´t wait for the sunset video. It´s going to be breathtaking :love2:

I´m also in love with his family, how lovely to spend the sunday skating on the frozen lake with the sunset. It sounds so idyllic.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I asked him in the Q&A what would be his dream outdoor location to skate in. He said somewhere in northern Norway under the northern lights - can you imagine the scene :love2: :love2: :love2: I hope his dream will come true!!!!

DenissVFan

Medalist
I can´t wait for the sunset video. It´s going to be breathtaking :love2:

I´m also in love with his family, how lovely to spend the sunday skating on the frozen lake with the sunset. It sounds so idyllic.
His family has really good vibes indeed 😉
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKtytu7JZwY/?igshid=lk7jxapkq91j

(His brother wasn't with them – I wonder if he can skate too?)

Sondre was also in Frida's video, which some of you may have missed:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKpB1rznJ2x/?igshid=1c8tgqxefpuij

Sondre with Linnea, Frida and Ida:
https://vsco.co/linneakkilsand/media/5ffae82fe396a1510cad17bf

Camilla supporting Sondre:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKledq1Llv-/?igshid=ampwjo65rwgz

Country
Norway
His family has really good vibes indeed 😉
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKtytu7JZwY/?igshid=lk7jxapkq91j

(His brother wasn't with them – I wonder if he can skate too?)

Sondre was also in Frida's video, which some of you may have missed:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKpB1rznJ2x/?igshid=1c8tgqxefpuij

Sondre with Linnea, Frida and Ida:
https://vsco.co/linneakkilsand/media/5ffae82fe396a1510cad17bf

Camilla supporting Sondre:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKledq1Llv-/?igshid=ampwjo65rwgz
Thank you for the links, I missed the video with Frida and Sondre. It was a fun video!

I have also wondered if his little brother can skate. His little sister did skate before, she ended her career as junior in 2011, I guess she didn´t have the same passion as Sondre :) http://www.rinkresults.com/skater?skater_id=456

I have never seen Sondre skate with his little brother. I think he might not be so interested in skating.