Stars On Ice 2018 Tour - US | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice 2018 Tour - US

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You'd think St Louis would be big enough to come. The gymnastics tour came here. Oh well.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Excuse me? We never hear anything except how Jason should do shows, if you like Jason’s skating go to shows, he’s just popular because of the audience, and here we are talking about a *show* and he still gets dissed?:laugh:

:

I know right?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You'd think St Louis would be big enough to come. The gymnastics tour came here. Oh well.

It definitely does not have to do with "big enough"; the tour is skipping many many major areas. Allentown and environs are only the third largest metro area in Penna. BUT it is 70 miles north of Philadelphia, 80 miles west of Newark, and cheaper than either.

What really makes no sense is starting in Allentown, driving 85 miles west to Harrisburg (Hershey) and then backtracking 200 miles, over literally the same roads, to travel east to Long Island. I'm assuming they could not get the Hershey Arena, PPL Center, and Nassau Coliseum to line up in a way that made sense.:scratch2:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It definitely does not have to do with "big enough"; the tour is skipping many many major areas. Allentown and environs are only the third largest metro area in Penna. BUT it is 70 miles north of Philadelphia, 80 miles west of Newark, and cheaper than either.

What really makes no sense is starting in Allentown, driving 85 miles west to Harrisburg (Hershey) and then backtracking 200 miles, over literally the same roads, to travel east to Long Island. I'm assuming they could not get the Hershey Arena, PPL Center, and Nassau Coliseum to line up in a way that made sense.:scratch2:

That's exactly it. If there's hockey at the time or basketball it's not going to happen in order.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
But is not doing all tour dates; he was added after the full-time cast was announced.

Per the SOI site, Adam is appearing in all 22 shows on the tour.
Same for Mirai and Hubbell/Donohue.

At the time of the announcement in late Jan that Adam, Mirai, Hubbell/Donohue, and Bradie were being added to the 2018 tour, SOI made note only that Bradie will appear in all but two shows.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
But is not doing all tour dates; he was added after the full-time cast was announced.

Wrong. They added regular cast this time in two different reveals. Bradie is the only one not doing all 22 dates of the full tour.

Ross74

Medalist
Does anyone know when SOI rehearsals will start?

Also, if any of the announced skaters end up being chosen for DWTS, I assume they would miss the Sunday and Monday SOI shows beginning April 29, no? Or at least until they're eliminated.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

Also, if any of the announced skaters end up being chosen for DWTS, I assume they would miss the Sunday and Monday SOI shows beginning April 29, no? Or at least until they're eliminated.

Week prior to first show.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States

SOI does not have any Monday shows. I remember when Charlie & Meryl were on, the DWTS partners flew to them in SOI cities to practice & then everyone flew to DWTS for the Monday shows.

Ross74

Medalist
SOI does not have any Monday shows. I remember when Charlie & Meryl were on, the DWTS partners flew to them in SOI cities to practice & then everyone flew to DWTS for the Monday shows.

Ok, thanks. I was thinking the dress rehearsals were on Sunday, but maybe they are earlier on Monday?

livetoskate

On the Ice
Great news, but I'm surprised he wasn't already invited and is only a guest in 6 of the shows. Too bad I live on the wrong side of the country.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now I definitely have to go. Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best seats for a figure skating show? All the reviews are for hockey, not sure if they apply.
http://www.gilariverarena.com/events/seating-charts
Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance.

I am afraid I know nothing about this arena. The tickets I purchased for “my” show are center ice, 8 rows back, and I believe that will give a good “view” of all the action.

You also need to figure out what fits your budget. For a lot of money, you can sit rinkside and high five the skaters. Not my thing:cool:

Zenchio63

Final Flight
I am afraid I know nothing about this arena. The tickets I purchased for “my” show are center ice, 8 rows back, and I believe that will give a good “view” of all the action.

Thanks. Seems like there are only a couple of center ice seats within my budget but they are all the way up in row U, too far for me. I don't have money for the rinkside seats nor the meet & greet. Went ahead and chose a section near the end, with a close seat. Hope I can get a good view of each skater as they go by my section.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks. Seems like there are only a couple of center ice seats within my budget but they are all the way up in row U, too far for me. I don't have money for the rinkside seats nor the meet & greet. Went ahead and chose a section near the end, with a close seat. Hope I can get a good view of each skater as they go by my section.

It is a little know fact that skaters buzz around the entire sheet of ice like bees around a hive and you have about as much chance of seeing them from really any place around the ice. We are in the second row of the actual arena (the ice itself has folding chairs) in a corner. We sat on the ice for years till I was hooked on competition. The problem with that is once you have shaken hands with Ekaterina Gordeeva you can never wash your hands again! LOL! :agree: What a talent...