Country
United-States
Videos! Welcome back Stephen :jump:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've cut this directly from the official archived livestream (which took forever for me to download, hence the delay in posting it).

2021-2022 SC Challenge SP (720p): https://streamable.com/er2cdd

It's shocking to me how grown-up Stephen looks now, and you can see his facial features more clearly here than at the Warsaw Cup.

He's obviously disappointed with the fall on the 4S, but he still won the short program segment.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
WOO HOO, Stephen had a clean free skate (which includes the 4S!) and he won the Skate Canada Challenge!!! 🥇:yahoo: It's reassuring that he has improved since the Warsaw Cup.

I've cut this from the official archived livestream:
2021-2022 SC Challenge LP (720p): https://streamable.com/ovaxng

ETA: It turns out that I can upload Stephen's free skate to Dailymotion, but only if I edit out the replay and most of the kiss & cry. Obviously the site doesn't like the music that plays during those sections.

Skate Canada's interview with the Senior Men champion:

I've just realized that I haven't heard Stephen's voice in a long time, so of course he sounds very different now. One thing that hasn't changed is that he's still camera shy -- Ted Barton has to try to encourage him to say more than a simple "Yeah" after Ted observed that Stephen looked very focused during his long program, lol. :laugh:

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Senior Men Medal Ceremony that I've cut from the official archived livestream:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Where are you seeing that? When I clicked on the link you used in your post, his name is still listed. He's number 13.
There's no longer a #13 on the list, and there's a WD next to his name. Someone else made a screen cap of what the pdf file currently looks like:
e57289908429f73f0abf67d83f9d722360efed8e.jpg

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, no…..

And, of course too late to edit the prediction contest 😭

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Matthew Markell (who's my acquaintance, and he's currently sitting in 9th after the SP, for those of you who don't know who he is) told me late last night that Stephen tested positive for COVID, hence the withdrawal. (I was falling asleep at the time, so I apologize for the delay in posting this info.)

16Olympics

On the Ice
Matthew Markell (who's my acquaintance, and he's currently sitting in 9th after the SP, for those of you who don't know who he is) told me late last night that Stephen tested positive for COVID, hence the withdrawal. (I was falling asleep at the time, so I apologize for the delay in posting this info.)
That's too bad. There is hope for next year for him as he is young and improving. Was looking forward to seeing him.