Survivor Guatemala | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Survivor Guatemala

guinevere

Final Flight
Of course one of the biggest lies in the whole game is Gary's identity :laugh:

I'm sad that Bobby Jon got the boot tonight - but I didn't want Gary or Danni to go either. Good for Gary for finding the extra immunity idol!

I don't think it's going to happen, but I would love for Steph to get the boot sooner than later.

And is Lydia even still on the show???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
sk8er1964 said:
Well, darn. :mad: :mad:

First Brandon (who, incidentially, I did not like at first but he grew on me) and now Bobby Jon. :cry: :disapp:
I didn't like Brandon at first either but I saw something in him as time went on like......... values. Anyhow, I am sorry that Bobby Jon got the boot, I was kind of hoping that Gary would have. I loved it when Jeff asked Gary if he told any lies and Gary said no.

Dee

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I was glad to see Bobby Jon leave. He whines too much about other people. I think the final 4 may be: Rafe, Steff, Judd & Cindi.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can you help me out -- In our Survivor game at work I need to pick the final 2, can you help me with that. Here are some of my thoughts. I don't think they will let Stephenie stay in much longer but on the other hand she may get the women together to vote off the guys. I think they may keep Jamie in just to go up against in the finals. I think Dani & Cindy may fit in somehow. Gary is guarenteed the final four spot. If Stephenie outwits them she be in the finals. Here is my picks for winner and 1st runner up, please comment.

1st Stephenie & 2nd Jamie
1st Gary & 2nd Dani

I need to submit my entry by Wednesday. Thanks.

Dee

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
Gary is guarenteed the final four spot.
Dee

I missed the explanation of the special little immunity idol. That means he gets an automatic final 4 slot going forward? I thought he just got immunity for that one tribal council. Man, if finding that idol meant getting an automatic ride to the final 4, I would have spent every free minute searching for it!

heyang

Record Breaker
Gary is not guaranteed Final 4.

The idol only grants immunity once up until Final 4. After Final4, it is useless.

The trick with the idol was knowing when to use it, since it had to be declared before any votes were cast. So, when the finder used the idol, he had to be pretty sure that he was being voted off - otherwise, it would have been a waste of immunity since it can't be reused.

Gary knew he was a physical threat and that his alliance was not large enough to get them all the the final 4. He did hesitate briefly before showing the idol. He chose wisely.

Oh yes, the looks on Judd's and Jamie's faces was priceless!!! I was really surprised that Lydia and Stephanie voted for Jamie. I knew Judd wouldn't, thought that Rafe and Cindy might, and knew Gary and Danni would.
I'm pretty sure the posters sayiing the special immunity idol was only for that the time used and not a guarantee to top 4. At least that is the way I understood it.

Jhar55

Medalist
This Surivor has been little boring. I thought the idol was a one time thing. Unless I've miss read whats been said.

guinevere

Final Flight
The idol was definitely a one-time thing. Gary had to hand it over to Jeff when he used it.

Aloft04

On the Ice
It might have been fun is they'd sprinkled several of the idols throughout the jungle. If more than one turned up before a vote it would make the show very interesting!

heyang

Record Breaker
None of my favorite reality shows (Amazing Race, Apprentice, Survivor) have been particularly good this year. AR has too many people - you only know the family names, not the individuals. None of the personalities are very compelling on Apprentic and Survivor.

I do think the challenges were tougher on Survivor this season, but I'm not rooting for anyone to win it.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I have a feeling Rafe is going to win -- he's got the ability to do it, and more to the point, everyone seems to like him. If he and Steph are the final 2, I think they're lying in wait for Stephenie. I can't figure out what Bobby Jon's problem with her is; I missed a few episodes in the middle and may have missed something. He can't still be angry with her for being able to light that fire when he couldn't in the last edition, can he?

What I'm also trying to figure out, too, is Lydia's hair. (Well, that, and why she's even still around). I mean, for a fairly elaborate hairdo for this kind of setting, it never once looks even remotely out of place. I think she should get a hairspray endorsement or something after this is all over.....:laugh:

I'm not sure what Bobby Jon's problem with Steph is but I know my problem....I'm sick of her. I know this is outwit, outplay, outlast, but she IS running the tribe and I'm tired of her attitude. I loved how the other tribe members were talking about how Steph always eats and she's trying to say she doesn't eat anymore than anyone else and the whole time they were showing clips of her stuffing something in her mouth.
I was really disappointed to see Gary go. I hope the final 3 are Cindy, Rafe and Lydia just to show Judd and Stephanie that they aren't "all that"....and I'd LOVE to see Rafe win!
I hope what Gary said about Judd lying about where the immunity idol was puts doubt in everyone's mind about trusting him....not that they should trust anything anyone says in this game, but maybe they'll be even more wary of him. Lydia, Dani, Rafe and Cindy could and should get together and get Judd and Stephanie outta there!

Aloft04

On the Ice
NJSk8Fan said:
I hope what Gary said about Judd lying about where the immunity idol was puts doubt in everyone's mind about trusting him....

My favorite spot of the show too!! (I love it when sanctimonious people get their 'come-uppance' :laugh: .) I'd love to see Judd go home next week and beyond that then Lydia and Danni.

Of the other three, Rafe, Steph and Cindy - all in my opinion are good enough players to deserve the million and I'd be satisified with any of them. ('Hope I've got all the names right of who's left.)

That said, this isn't my favorite Survivor and I'm not even sure I'll make it one of my gotta-see shows next season.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I've, actually, preferred this Survivor to most of the earlier ones & I think it is because the women have all been strong minded, stand on their own 2 feet types. I can't stand the women who use their sexuality & have a helpless attitude. As to what Steph was eating it was some sort of corn mixture which is what they all get to eat on a daily basis. Lydia was eating something out of cup too. Yes, it looked nasty but she's the woman who knows how to catch fish so how come she's complaining? She doesn't look to me like she's lost any weight or is starving. She's been being carried from the beginning by the others & is lucky she wasn't voted out long ago. If she is so hungry then why not ASK to be voted out so she can go home & eat a steak? It's not likely that she will win any reward challenges so why should any of the winners worry about sharing with her? I knew Gary was going to get the axe but considering that he came into the game right from the get go lying about his name & who he was why was he so hypocritical about others lying? They all lie. Don't forget...we only see what the producers choose to edit for us to see & hear. There is a lot going on that we, the viewers, are not privy to.

R.D.

Record Breaker
First off- they HAD to vote Gary out. They should have done so last week, actually. Otherwise, he's clearly a threat. If the others didn't see it coming they'd be stupid, actually. I sort of liked him, though. Rafe is one I wouldn't mind winning.

Totally agree with you about Lydia.

I also totally agree about the producers choosing to show us certain elements of the competition. Who knows what went on behind the scenes? It's all about suspense, ratings, and more suspense and more ratings. That's how they edit.

Skate@Delaware

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
What I'm also trying to figure out, too, is Lydia's hair. (Well, that, and why she's even still around). I mean, for a fairly elaborate hairdo for this kind of setting, it never once looks even remotely out of place. I think she should get a hairspray endorsement or something after this is all over.....:laugh:
I went to Air Force survival school and after just one night....my hair was awful-messy and dirty (it was short like Lydias). They must have hair and makeup people. They look too clean, also.
I'm glad Gary is gone-I never liked him. I like Rafe, though!
Didn't Lydia get pissy because she didn't get to go to the spa?????:rofl: