Tanith's grandfather died (yesterday 12/28/05) | Golden Skate

Tanith's grandfather died (yesterday 12/28/05)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here yet.

Some info from the Canadian newspaper (and info about the funeral):

BELBIN, Rev. Robert Peacefully at the Kingston General Hospital, following a courageous battle with cancer on Wednesday, December 28, 2005, with his family at his side. Robert Belbin, in his 77th year, beloved husband of 54 years of Marilyn (nee Burt). Predeceased by his parents Clara and Charles Belbin and sister Mary. Survived by wife Marilyn, sisters Ruby and Sue, children Colleen (Paul), Cheryl, Charles (Michele), and Corey. Remembered fondly by grandchildren Alison, Kathryn (Randall), Lucas and Tanith. Sadly missed by a large, loving extended family and friends. The family will receive friends at the Tompkins Funeral Home, 63 Garden Street, Gananoque, Friday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. and Saturday 2 to 4 p.m. Funeral service will be held in Grace United Church, Gananoque on Monday, January 2, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. Cremation. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations made to the Canadian Cancer Society or to the Grace United Church Memorial Fund would be appreciated by the family. Online condolences at: www.tompkinsfuneralhome.ca In the Care of Tompkins Funeral Home, 63 Garden Street, Gananoque 382-3088
Published in the Ottawa Citizen on 12/29/2005.

S

SkateFan4Life

Well, I'm not Canadian, and I do not have access to Canadian newspapers, except thru the Internet. I would not have read this notice unless someone posted it here.

My symnpathies to Tanith and the rest of her family. This is sad news for the holiday season.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
That is sad, my sympathies as well to Tanith and her family.

Have you ever noticed how many Olympic athletes seem to have a death in the family not long before (or during) the Olys? Dan Jansen, Elizabeth Punsalan, and several others whose names I can't recall at the moment. It's quite bizarre.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I lost my Granpa a few years ago. It's never easy to lose someone. Especially during holidays. My sympathy goes out to Tanith and her family.