Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 280 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Sfey

On the Ice
The new lifts Tanya and Max did at Art On Ice are jaw-dropping! Could they do them in competition? I don't know the rules about lifts.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
The new lifts Tanya and Max did at Art On Ice are jaw-dropping! Could they do them in competition? I don't know the rules about lifts.
The one they use in the 'I'll be there' number with the Jacksons they are already doing in competitions. And the first lift in the 'Who you are' number with Jessie J or a similar lift is being used by at least two or even three Chinese couples in competitions. Savchenko/Massot also do a lift that is a bit similar. I am not even talking about the second lift which is pretty standard. Still, I agree that those lifts are pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Sfey

On the Ice
The one they use in the 'I'll be there' number with the Jacksons they are already doing in competitions. And the first lift in the 'Who you are' number with Jessie J or a similar lift is being used by at least two or even three Chinese couples in competitions. Savchenko/Massot also do a lift that is a bit similar. I am not even talking about the second lift which is pretty standard. Still, I agree that those lifts are pretty impressive.

Thanks for the information. I was wondering if they might be considering changing some of the lifts they use in their competition programs, but I know they use many lifts in their exhibitions which they don't use in competition.

TatiMax

On the Ice
Ksenia wants to win over T/V and be the first Russian pair, the Canadians want to beat them too. I hope T/V be in a good shape at worlds without risking an injury!

TatiMax

On the Ice
Is Trankov commenting in twitter on the Latvian girl he choreographed her routine?

Денис Васильевс (LAT) второй на #iLoveYOG ! 👏🏼 Поздравляем его тренера А.Урманова и весь Центр Волосожар и Транькова в Сочи!

borzaya

Final Flight
Is Trankov commenting in twitter on the Latvian girl he choreographed her routine?

No, it's about the Latvian boy, Denis Vasiljevs, coached by Alexei Urmanov in the Sochi figure skating center, which is named in honour of V/T (they took part in establishing this center, enrolling the first group of children in it, etc.)

Last edited:

TatiMax

On the Ice
No, it's about the Latvian boy, Denis Vasiljevs, coached by Alexei Urmanov in the Sochi figure skating center, which is named in honour of V/T (they took part in establishing this center, enrolling the first group of children in it, etc.)

Thank you so much. What an honour they have a skating center named after them. :clap:

eli60056

On the Ice
Thank you so much. What an honour they have a skating center named after them. :clap:

I rather consider it an honor for the centre and for Sochi to have such pair use their time, talent and network connections for the development of the sport in the region and the centre, and all that absolutely free of charge :)

aceiel

Rinkside
Hey guys, I have a question for you! (and welcome to the forum TatiMax :biggrin:)
So, as we all know V/T's free skates (even most of their short programs too) all tend to have some sort of narrative associated with them, for example: the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, transforming Tania into the black swan, Maxim playing Jesus and Tania playing Mary, and now we have them acting out the dynamics between Nina and Dracula! I was reminded about how great they are at acting thanks to Chris and Nicky's commentary during the Euros :laugh: and now I'm wondering again about this...

I'm quite sure they have some sort of concept behind Violin Muse, and because I haven't seen them discuss anything explicit I think really they left it open for interpretation! I'd love to hear what you guys think they were possibly playing :) My own interpretation is that they were perhaps subtly playing Adam and Eve? Mainly because they look up to the sky at so many points (similar to the heavens, I'd imagine?) as well as the cross designs on their outfits, and it generally seems to be quite a tragedy driven program. Another interesting thing to note is that in their earliest draft of it (the test skate in 2012 if i remember right) actually ended with Tania falling over Maxim's knee as he covered his face in his hands, suggesting that her character perhaps died? I've always been curious as to why they removed it! :unsure: Which makes me think they might have had some story or concept they wanted to convey behind it~ :think: ;)
(Oh and, please forgive me if they actually have talked about this before and I've just missed it ahaha!)

eli60056

On the Ice
The concept behind Violin Muse is two people trying to survive a natural disaster (earthquake if I remember correctly)

TatiMax

On the Ice
The concept behind Violin Muse is two people trying to survive a natural disaster (earthquake if I remember correctly)

I was so mad after reading they didn't feel the earthquake in Japan because they were in the train. :palmf: I remember they vanished for 3 days during the earthquake I thought they would share scary stories about the earthquake or running from the tsunami. :scard7:
Surviving a tsunami would be epic. :cool:

Last edited:

aceiel

Rinkside

Oh wow thank you so much! I had no clue! :laugh: Do you remember where you read it by any chance? What an interesting concept... I certainly couldn't piece it together but, knowing that now when I rewatch it it's so much more tragic, they're so good at angsty programs :biggrin:

theyaremagic

Rinkside
I am terribly late to the Art on Ice party...but I only returned from my holidays today. So I thought maybe you are interested in some small report about the show in Davos...It was the first time for me to attend the show in Davos. Usually I go to the Hallenstadion in Zürich. The arena in Davos is smaller. Usually the skaters used to live at the hotel Grischa, only 100 meters away from our holiday apartement... But unfortunately this year they changed to hotel Intercontinental which is far away, on the other side of Davos on the outskirts... I was on holiday with my family and so I couldn't be such a fangirl (and go to the hotel and stalk the skaters...:biggrin:) But in the afternoon there was scheduled a kid's training at the open ice rink with some Art on Ice stars... I hoped for some senior skaters and went there with my daughter, to skate and to watch who will be there. There were "only" the junior skaters Elizaveta Nugumanova and Petr Gymenik. But it was interesting anyway. While Petr was a little bit shy and didn't seem to feel very confortable, Elizaveta did an awesome job. She really fullfilled the role as a coach very well. She demonstrated some moves and then watched the kids, applauded or said "nonono... not like this". She is really a very charming young lady and I think she could become a star one day.
Saturday evening I went to the show alone because my daughter is only 8 years and I thought the show might be too long for her (also she really loves skating and of course is also a V/T fan). I had a very good seat close to the rink, I was able to see all the expressions in the faces etc. The show was great! Of course I couldn't wait for Tanya and Max. Well I must say, it wasn't their best day... Tanya fell on the throw and Max fell later at the end in this "hydroblade element" (I don't know how you call it, it is also in the Dracula Program, where Max is almost lying on the floor and Tanya lies above him). But anyway it was great to see them live and I admired the speed across the ice and the emotions etc. At the end of their program was a very funny moment. Somebody shouted into the rink " Well done anyway!" And everybody laughed. The second program of V/T was better and in the finale I watched them dancing with Adelina, doing a marvellous twist and having a lot of fun.
I really enjoyed the show and I also loved Ksenia and Fedor a lot. They are my second favorite pair after V/T and that evening they really were great. Especially Ksenia, she was such a Diva, having really fun, singing along etc. And of course I loved Stéphane who is still my favourite skater and might be forever... he is such an artist on the ice!
The Jacksons were really cool and brought back that Disco feeling and Jesse J was amazing. I wasn't such a fan of hers, but I must say she is really a great performer!
And now I hope to see all those skaters at Worlds again! Hoping that everyone will stay healthy and fit until end of March!