Tatsuki Machida | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Tatsuki Machida

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Count me in! I love love love these 2 so much because Mao is their most favorite figure skater of all time!

At one point they said 'there's sure to be a movie about her (Mao)' and since then that's all I've wanted. And I want the trailer to use that song that's used for all the japanese promotion of Worlds and GP events. *dreamy sigh*

I was sad that they were responding to non-live footage of Machida skating. I would've loved to have gotten their reactions without them knowing the scores already.

ioanna

Record Breaker
I was sad that they were responding to non-live footage of Machida skating. I would've loved to have gotten their reactions without them knowing the scores already.
Eurosport should be broadcasting his second assignment live since it's in France. Let's just hope Tatsuki will be as clean then :biggrin:

iceberg

On the Ice
At one point they said 'there's sure to be a movie about her (Mao)' and since then that's all I've wanted. And I want the trailer to use that song that's used for all the japanese promotion of Worlds and GP events. *dreamy sigh*

OMG exactly my thoughts too! I love their reactions so much as well was what I was looking for.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
OMG exactly my thoughts too! I love their reactions so much as well was what I was looking for.

Like ioanap said, hopefully we'll get those lovely live reactions when he's in France! Does anyone know who the commentators are, btw? I've been loving them but know nothing about them...

iceberg

On the Ice
Like ioanap said, hopefully we'll get those lovely live reactions when he's in France! Does anyone know who the commentators are, btw? I've been loving them but know nothing about them...

well thank you for raising that up. based on my research they are NICKY SLATER and CHRIS HOWARTH. Here is one of their videos back in 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7KGOFo-0HQ

I just wanna hug these 2 for the support and love for Mao. They are amazing!

ioanna

Record Breaker
The British ESP commentators are always very supportive towards all the skaters. They always find nice things to say about each and every one of them.

Simon Reed also does commentary besides Nicky and Chris.

iceberg

On the Ice
The British ESP commentators are always very supportive towards all the skaters. They always find nice things to say about each and every one of them.

sadly it looks like Nicky's twitter is already inactive while Chris maybe is not on twitter? But I already sent Nicky an email expressing my appreciation and love for both of them. I just hope he responds. :)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
well thank you for raising that up. based on my research they are NICKY SLATER and CHRIS HOWARTH. Here is one of their videos back in 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7KGOFo-0HQ

I just wanna hug these 2 for the support and love for Mao. They are amazing!

Thanks iceberg for the video link so now I know how Chris and Nicky look like. As for the third member of the B Esp triumvirate, I am reposting this:

This is WAAAAYYYY off topic, but since you were talking about actors, I was wondering if you realised that British Eurosport's figure skating commentator Simon Reed is the younger brother of the late actor Oliver Reed.

I know we don't get to see Simon on screen, but if you saw him, you would know instantly that he was Oliver's brother:

Simon http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/image...36/979/SimonReed_display_image.jpg?1340208760
Oliver http://www.oliverreed.net/Gallery/images/g2.jpg

Just thought you would find this interesting.

CaroLiza_fan

Interview taken after the Skate America gala
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULcKp81qsxM

Thanks ionap! Any idea of whät Tatsuki said? Perhaps Jäpanese speaking fans can help us out here. Mikaboo? Pretty please and thanks in advance!

mikaboo

Medalist
Thanks ionap! Any idea of whät Tatsuki said? Perhaps Jäpanese speaking fans can help us out here. Mikaboo? Pretty please and thanks in advance!

My head's not working from the lack of sleep, but I can't really translate Machida's words precisely even if it was working so here it is.

I think I was able pitch a good ball to other Japanese skaters, not just Hanyu. I want to see how they hit back. I have to stay firmly on my feet and play along in the competition. (maybe more like "ride the wave")
-----
Interviewer: You worked very hard work for the past 3 days.
Machida: Thank you for all your support for the 3 days.
I: How do you feel now that it's over?
M: I'm happy that I was able to win the first competition and also feel relieved about it. Thanks again. This has been my 3rd competition in a row at Skate America and it has led me towards a good direction so I tried to express my gratitude to Skate America (in his EX?).
I: The ball that you threw, how do you think it will be thrown back at you?
M: I wonder. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be watching them in front of the TV.
I: It's too early to say, but you'll be going to France with an advantage over others for GPF.
M: Yes, the 1st place card is as strong as the Joker card so if I can get another medal, I think I'll be able to go.
I: Please take some time to rest.
M: Thank you very much.

The funny thing is, Machida's mother was interviewed at the airport and regarding her son's quote about the pitch, she stated "they'll probably hit a home run."
And she was right, with Mura winning Skate Canada! Good for both of them.

iceberg

On the Ice

omg thank you so much i realized its simon reed and Chris who's commentating most of the time or mostly on Mao Asada... thank you for that!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
My head's not working from the lack of sleep, but I can't really translate Machida's words precisely even if it was working so here it is.

The funny thing is, Machida's mother was interviewed at the airport and regarding her son's quote about the pitch, she stated "they'll probably hit a home run."
And she was right, with Mura winning Skate Canada! Good for both of them.

Thanks mikaboo! Really appreciate your effort transläting for us despite lack of sleep and knowing that Tatsuki's characteristic metaphorical language presents its own challenges! And yes, it's funny how Mommy Machida took her son's metaphor and ran with it for a winning goal (mixing metaphors (sports) here). ;)

Congratulations to Takahito for winning Skate Canada. Though I am a Javier fan, I was happy for Takahito. When I watched the video, I was touched by his tears änd how his father (who looks so much like him) seemed to understand rather than be aghast at the emotional reaction of his son. So endearing.

Hibiskas

Spectator
Hi there!
Can I join here?
He is my dream skater:love:
Sooo looking forward to see Trophee Eric Bompard!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^^Echoing the welcome of KansaiPJ and ionap to you Hibiskas! :) Yes, I am also looking forward to TEB and to see there whether Tatsuki can still reach higher heights than he did at SA. I think he can.

Thanks to ionap for the video of the SA awarding ceremony. I like all three men on the podium.

iceberg

On the Ice
Can anyone explain to me how Javi with his sharp landing on his 3A got his base value of 9.35 compared to Machida's 3A with 8.50??? I'm confused.

Wo|flax

Final Flight
he lands it in the second half; he got -goe(9.06 final) on it vs Tatsuki getting +goe(10.36 final)