Team Korea Youngsters | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Can anyone list the skaters who have already qualified for a JGP spot? This Level 7 and 8 stuff is confusing me.

Any reports on the young Korean pairs teams? :)

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Can anyone list the skaters who have already qualified for a JGP spot? This Level 7 and 8 stuff is confusing me.

Any reports on the young Korean pairs teams? :)

not decided yet... Jgp qualification events will hold at August 1st to 2nd, in Taereung ice rink, Seoul.

also there are not many reports about them yet. I don`t think they come to Korea in August and participate jgp qualification events. KSU will send people to their training site to check their training state.

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Young You, Yerim Kim, and Hyun soo Lee will compete 2015 Asian trophy as advanced novice.
Also, Sena Kim, Hanul Kim, Ji Yun Lee will compete as junior. :cheer:

Last edited:

Eclair

Medalist
Does anyone know if Dabin choi will be eligible this year for a grand prix or worlds? I'd be thrilled to see her competing at seniors :D

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Does anyone know if Dabin choi will be eligible this year for a grand prix or worlds? I'd be thrilled to see her competing at seniors :D

Age-wise yes, Dabin is eligible for both. On the matter of WS and SB scores, probably a no for a grand prix. Pretty sure she'll compete in a Senior B/ CS to get her TES for worlds

s_parks

Record Breaker
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ... once again ksu has outdone itself. Apparently some genius decided that they would not select international team members under the age of 13. I think they're related to cinquata. Anyways, someone else who also speaks korean may add details from the article, because I was too offended to read further.
http://m.news.nate.com/view/20150728n09111
so yeah, I guess "novice competitions" "experience" and the future of figure skating are all foreign or offensive concepts to them. Someone is determined to beat the French fed and Gailhaguet at being the worst representatives of fs.

s_parks

Record Breaker
It is no wonder that Yuna remembers her competitive career as 80-90% hardships(quoting an article, forgot the location of the source), most of that stress coming from the ksu, probably.

Last edited:

MiRé

Match Penalty
I bet KSU is not a Korean federation......I still remember them sending a picture of Adelina and the judges hugging as an "evidence" of rigged judging. They're not Koreans, rather, decoys or some weird sh**. I feel so bad for Young You. She has the potential to become a great figure skater only to be crushed by KSU. I heard Young You is practicing 3A and wants to be great like Yuna. Thanks KSU, for ruining your country's future skaters.

dna5019

Final Flight
I bet KSU is not a Korean federation......I still remember them sending a picture of Adelina and the judges hugging as an "evidence" of rigged judging. They're not Koreans, rather, decoys or some weird sh**. I feel so bad for Young You. She has the potential to become a great figure skater only to be crushed by KSU. I heard Young You is practicing 3A and wants to be great like Yuna. Thanks KSU, for ruining your country's future skaters.
There's a lot of weird politics and dirty work behind the scenes. :disapp: And I wonder how this will affect Young You? She and a few other skaters will be participating in the Asian Open next week...will they not be allowed to do any more competitions after that until they hit 13? :confused2:

skaterr

On the Ice
KSU want Figure Skating to remain minor in their organization. Especially certain senior officers in Short Track very infamous for doing everything to occupy a high post. When Ahn went to Russia, they called Russia federation not to accept Ahn. Ahn was the opposite line of certain Senior Officers.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
I don`t think so.
Of course I feel bad about Young, which is my favorite Korean skater.. She won`t be on national team next season because of this new rule.
But KSU also promise to do other policy for younger skaters who have enough skills to get on the team, but not eligible.
I want to believe their new support for them.