Team U.S.A Fan Page | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Team U.S.A Fan Page

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Nice! I'd like Joshua to get a Japanese Fan Club too some time soon. His introspective style takes a bit of time to warm up to, and the Japanese fans have not exactly seen him at his best so far. Max and Jason are perfect for WTT because Japanese appreciate big, difficult jumps, and fun, cheesy routines quite a bit.
Next year, if Joshua can come to NHK again or something I'd be really happy to go see him skate live.

BTW, I'm going to WTT for the 16th and will get to see Max and Jason skate their short programs.

Have fun and I look forward to your reports. Lucky you!!!!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice! I'd like Joshua to get a Japanese Fan Club too some time soon. His introspective style takes a bit of time to warm up to, and the Japanese fans have not exactly seen him at his best so far. Max and Jason are perfect for WTT because Japanese appreciate big, difficult jumps, and fun, cheesy routines quite a bit.
Next year, if Joshua can come to NHK again or something I'd be really happy to go see him skate live.

BTW, I'm going to WTT for the 16th and will get to see Max and Jason skate their short programs.
Lucky you; Juke live!:cheer: Enjoy, and give us reports please!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So it looks like Max will reveal two new programs at WTT, per Tom Z's tweet:https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachTomZ/status/584156725919383552

What a tease! He does not tell us what the music is!

Thx for the news, Mrs. P. Wowza!
So combined with TZ's original tweet ... seems that the implication is that Phillip Mills choreographed both new programs??
Has Max ever gotten choreo from Mills before? :think:
Definitely not in the last three seasons -- but going further back, I don't know. (And Max's website has been down.)
Camerlengo has choreographed at least one of Max's programs for at least the last three seasons.

Yes, lucky you to attend WTT, Newbiespectator :). Excited for you. Wonder whether deedee will be going too.

I share your hope that Josh can return to Japan next season -- for your sake ;) as well as his. And I hope/believe it will be only a matter of time before a Japanese fan club forms for Josh. I see a lot of tweets in Japanese in support of him.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
‏@MaxTAaron
Never got a chance to say how honored and excited I am to be representing Team USA at this year's World Team Trophy! Beyond excited! #WTT15
9:10 PM - 3 Apr 2015
https://twitter.com/MaxTAaron/status/584206354551742465

Go, Max! :yay:

In a separate tweet, he sent Happy Passover greetings :).

That is so awesome he is excited. I think Max will do well but, not to be snarky, he should be pretty excited. He gets to go despite being no. 4 in the US - that's pretty lucky if not very lucky.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
What in the world. Now if I were team USA I would put an end to this. This should not be seen as a time for him to experiment. He should have polished those season programs by now for WTT not try something for the first time competitively.

Max trains at World Arena, so he is kinda conveniently located for monitoring. I am sure USFSA officials have seen his program, and are well aware the state of it, and are comfortable with it.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Winner of Best Awesome Concept With Worst Possible Execution award. :no:

I was so excited for that program. :cry:

I was too. I thought i was a great idea! Max just could not get comfortable with it. And it is not a program you can just sorta do, you have to commit.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was too. I thought i was a great idea! Max just could not get comfortable with it. And it is not a program you can just sorta do, you have to commit.

I still think it might have stood a better chance if the cut of the Kenny Loggins original hadn't been so terribly awful.

andromache

Record Breaker
Turning to the ladies:

Looking forward to hopefully clean and beautiful programs from Ashley and Gracie now that most of the pressure is off from Worlds, particularly Ashley's Moulin Rouge program. It's my favorite ladies LP of the season, and I want to see it clean one more time before she retires it. (Assuming she's going to, which I think she should. I love it to death, but I think she's gotten the most out of it that she can this season, especially with how she wowed at Nationals.) And Gracie's gorgeous LP dress. :love: A clean Gracie could even top a 3axel-less Liza! As much as I love Liza for her flawless jump technique...well, this is the Team USA thread, isn't it? :p

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
While we're giving out awards, I'd like to award a couple more, this time to Tom Z and Max:

The Debuting New Programs At The Most Surprising Time Award

The Super Tease Award

(Still no new music info.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
While we're giving out awards, I'd like to award a couple more, this time to Tom Z and Max:

The Debuting New Programs At The Most Surprising Time Award

The Super Tease Award

(Still no new music info.)

;) And the Turning Lemons into Lemonade Award (aka the "Staying Home from Four Continents and Worlds = Making New Programs Extra Early" Award).

BTW, cool :cool: that @ISU_Reporter retweeted Max's tweet.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Guys, please picture yourselves sitting in one of those team boxes at WTT, cheering on team USA. That's what these team box cheer threads are for.

Funny hats!!!
:hb: :hb:

cheering!!
:cheer:

love
:love:

Go, team USA!

:points: