Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

Diok

Rinkside
still no videos for eurosport short dance olympics video up on youtube or anywhere! :(

Ellen tomorrow that entrance looks fun!

Diok

Rinkside
Ellen was persistent like their fans...i think one day they will realize the connection these 2 have is very rare and i'm not so sure they will find it in their personal life. LOL

Shedi0806

On the Ice
Off topic but I think it was really nice that Madison Hubbel mentioned Tessa and Scott right after they came off the ice after the SD today. She said she felt they just had "Tessa-and-Scott focus". :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Off topic but I think it was really nice that Madison Hubbel mentioned Tessa and Scott right after they came off the ice after the SD today. She said she felt they just had "Tessa-and-Scott focus". :)

Well, they have been training mates for awhile and are friends. :)

Shedi0806

On the Ice
During the ice-dance technical meeting in Milan they used their twizzles and their choregraphic spinning movement from Moulin Rouge as examples for +5 GOEs which is coming next year. It was an interesting session to listen to. It was also nice to see how their flawless technique is appreciated and gushed about. :D

Twizzles at 1:15:20 (I like this comment: "I think you will have not enough fingers to count the positive features" :)). They stopped counting at nine positive features but they still had a few on the list which means they would meet the +6, +7 GOE if it existed. Choreo spinning movement at 1:22:40. They also found that original, creative and perfectly in tune with the music. +5, for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7tYDftWFGg&t=75m20s

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
Still no news about retirement ... My hopes are really increasing hope they continue 🙏

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I wouldn't get too excited. They've said before that they want to be careful about saying they're retiring because they said they were done after Sochi and then changed their minds.

Keep in mind, Meryl and Charlie still haven't officially retired.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
During the ice-dance technical meeting in Milan they used their twizzles and their choregraphic spinning movement from Moulin Rouge as examples for +5 GOEs which is coming next year. It was an interesting session to listen to. It was also nice to see how their flawless technique is appreciated and gushed about. :D

Twizzles at 1:15:20 (I like this comment: "I think you will have not enough fingers to count the positive features" :)). They stopped counting at nine positive features but they still had a few on the list which means they would meet the +6, +7 GOE if it existed. Choreo spinning movement at 1:22:40. They also found that original, creative and perfectly in tune with the music. +5, for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7tYDftWFGg&t=75m20s

Thanks for sharing and glad their elements are used as models for the new judging system. Sorry for bringing up OG scoring, but it makes those three select judges that gave them +2 for their FD twizzles look more ridiculous, for what the ice dance committee are demonstrating as +5.

Shedi0806

On the Ice
Thanks for sharing and glad their elements are used as models for the new judging system. Sorry for bringing up OG scoring, but it makes those three select judges that gave them +2 for their FD twizzles look more ridiculous, for what the ice dance committee are demonstrating as +5.

Do not forget that it would have met the requirements for +6 and +7 GOE as well if that existed. This means their twizzles met 10-11-12 bullet points in the features, which CLEARLY translates to +3 GOE under the current system.

(As for fair judging, they did not show competitors participating at this Worlds but I would like to see the same analysis for the twizzles of PC in the SD, Olys. )

patymarone

Rinkside

And then we have to read articles saying that a canadian judge had bias towards VM and thats what made them win, I’m really glad about this video, wish some skating fans would watch it

ximianK

Rinkside
Per Tessa's twitter and instagram, looks like they are rehearsing for Stars On Ice Japan:

https://twitter.com/tessavirtue/status/979219207706431489
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg9wVlRl5Gm/?taken-by=tessavirtue17

Will we see a new show program from them?

V/M skated to Michael Jackson's Rock my World and they did a shortened version of their MR program. There is an unconfirmed report that they skated to You Will be Found from Dear Evan Hansen musical. Unconfirmed being only one person who was at the show so far has mentioned it on twitter

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
V/M skated to Michael Jackson's Rock my World and they did a shortened version of their MR program. There is an unconfirmed report that they skated to You Will be Found from Dear Evan Hansen musical. Unconfirmed being only one person who was at the show so far has mentioned it on twitter

Wow, I just listened to You Will Be Found, what a beautiful and moving piece. I'm hoping that the report is true and we get a nice fancam soon!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
BillNeal - there won't be any fancams for sure, since filming in figure skating shows is strictly prohibited in Japan. We will have to wait for the official broadcasts, as well as fancams from Canadian Stars on Ice.