Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
BillNeal - there won't be any fancams for sure, since filming in figure skating shows is strictly prohibited in Japan. We will have to wait for the official broadcasts, as well as fancams from Canadian Stars on Ice.

Thanks for letting me know.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Lovely thread of comments about V/M from Tim Koleto:

My favorite part is the reminiscence about Scott in the second tweet:

When we first came to Montreal, Scott came up to me right away and gave me the biggest, most welcoming hug and passed on nothing but words of kindness, affirmation, and positivity to me. They will always be legendary to me.

Reminds me of Alex Shibutani's memory of the young Shibs being newbies in Canton ... training alongside the accomplished couples V/M and D/W.
Alex basically credited Scott with being the first to make the Shibs feel welcome.
This profile of the Shibs gives the general idea (although a direct quote from Alex is in an older interview and/or video somewhere, IIRC):

... the siblings were first a bit awestruck at training with these teams -- they stuck to a small corner of the rink at their first practice until Moir came over and told them that they had as much right to the full ice as the world and Olympic champs.

http://time.com/7986/meet-team-usa-maia-and-alex-shibutani/ (2014 Feb)​

ximianK

Rinkside
They had two shows in Yokohama Saturday. One in the afternoon and one in the evening. They did the MJ number in the afternoon show and the modified MR in the evening show. I hope they perform both numbers (per show) in their Canada Stars on Ice shows

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Was just watching V/M's MR routine from OG again and decided to check out Tessa's wiki. Has anybody seen V/M's newly updated "Records and achievements" section? :bow:. Whoever put it together, good job also, as this list is quite extensive and doesn't even fit on one screen. Among some impressive ones that I didn't know about:

- The first former junior world champions to win Olympic gold in ice dance
- The first and only ice dance team to achieve a grand slam under the current ISU judging system. They are the first and only team to win all major ISU championship titles including the Junior Grand Prix Series and Final, World Junior Championships, Grand Prix Series and Final, Four Continents Championships, World Championships, and Winter Olympic Games

So many first and only achievements...it will be quite some time before we see a team that can rival their legacy.

Spinning

On the Ice
I like the idea of them leaving on a high note. But if they'd decided to stay competitive, I would have be super duper!

patymarone

Rinkside
I like the idea of them leaving on a high note. But if they'd decided to stay competitive, I would have be super duper!

I also like the idea of them leaving on a high note, especially since the olys was their goal all this time. But I'll for sure miss seeing those beatiful programs again

Imov

Medalist
I only found out about them last pyeongchang olympics through a friend's recommendation.
Its surprising that they have been skating together for 20 years. Its friendship goals.
They in my eyes are the ultimate perfect soulmates. Their chemistry and mutual respect for each other is amazing.