The Men's GP Assignments | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The Men's GP Assignments

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Poor Weir got some bad assignments. Johnny will have to beat Evan at Cup of China and then beat Buttle at Cup of Russia just to have a chance at the final. Even then he will have to hope his 2nd/3rd place finishes are good enough to make it. At Cup of China the battle for 2nd is between Lysacek and Weir. Then at Cup of Russia, with Plushenko and Lambiel there the best Weir could finish if 3rd he beats out Buttle.

Poor Weir got some bad assignments.
I don't know. Six of one and half dozen of the other.

If he went to Skate America he would face Takahashi and Lysacek (and Preaubert might surprise). At Skate Canada there are Joubert and Oda as well as Buttle. In France he would go up against Joubert, Oda and Verner (also KVDP :rock:).

Any way you slice it, JW has to come to skate.

Poor Weir got some bad assignments.

The strategy does not lie with the skaters. It lies with the Federations. I do not know the ins of the drawing for assignments, but I think some Feds have a way of getting the best chances for their favorites. I do believe Lysacek is a fave of the USFS, but not sure. Anyway Johnny's wish would be CoR so he's happy.

Joe

and yes, the USFS does not have any podium skaters for automatic distribution except for B&A who are placed well to get to the Finals.