The Preakness Stakes on Saturday May 21st | Golden Skate

The Preakness Stakes on Saturday May 21st

Johar

Medalist
Weather forecast is RAIN. Exaggerator ran and won on the slop in the Santa Anita Derby. Nyquist has never run on the slop.

Stradivari won his last 2 races by a combined 25 lengths.

Abiding Star won his last 5 starts but against weaker competition than what he will face tomorrow.

Lani is still crazy acting! I like him because of his broodmare sire--Sunday Silence.

1. Cherry Wine 20-1 3(1-0-1)
2. Uncle Lino 20-1 5(1-1-2)
3. Nyquist 3-5 8(8-0-0)
4. Awesome Speed 30-1 3(2-0-0)
5. Exaggerator 3-1 4(1-2-1)
6. Lani 30-1 2(1-0-0)
7. Collected 10-1 4(3-0-0)
8. Laoban 30-1 3(0-1-1)
9. Abiding Star 30-1 5(5-0-0)
10. Fellowship 30-1 5(0-0-3)
11. Stradivari 8-1 1(1-0-0)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Johar, I will be watching. :clap:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks, Johar! We'll be out this afternoon, but the DVR is set! We'll watch the coverage tonight!

Johar

Medalist
Lani is one bad-acting, crazy horse. He had to be kept apart from the other horses during the Derby walkover. And he couldn't really be shown on TV because he had a....um....erection, and was acting studdish.

Since slop is in the forecast I pick Nyquist/Exaggerator.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, no chance of a Triple Crown this season, but congrats to Team Exaggerator! I hope that Nyquist & Exagerrator will compete in the Belmont!

Johar

Medalist
My heart wanted Nyquist but when the rain started pouring I went with Exaggerator based on how he handled a sloppy track before. Kudos to team Desormeaux. A friend of mine called me before the race. She and her boyfriend were at a couples gathering and wanted to know who to pick. They could only pick one horse so I told them Exaggerator because of the slop.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just read in USA Today that Nyquist will not compete in the Belmont after all. :sad4:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes. Nyquist developed a fever after the Preakness & his white cell blood count was low, so plans for him to compete in the Belmont have been scrapped.

Get well, Nyquist.

Good luck to Exaggerator & the other horses in the Belmont!

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes. Nyquist developed a fever after the Preakness & his white cell blood count was low, so plans for him to compete in the Belmont have been scrapped.

Get well, Nyquist.

Good luck to Exaggerator & the other horses in the Belmont!

Thanks Gail and I echo the get well.