Ticket sales | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ticket sales

mrsaybia

Rinkside
Honestly? Unless you're really really really die-hard, you're not going to die from missing a few skaters, especially from the earlier groups or, say, from a competition you may be less interested in (for instance, Ice Dance free dance isn't really my thing, and I won't mind missing a few Pairs or Men's single skaters either). And your legs will thank you for taking a stroll once every while. Competition days are LONG. Personally I cannot sit on a chair from 6 am (start of practices) to, say, 10 pm without going stir-crazy.

Remember having tickets doesn't obligate you to anything, you can just go into and out of the venue at any time for a bite. And Milan has nice weather in March. :thumbsup:

Here's a map of the shopping center. The Carrefour is *huge*, looks like! http://it.club-onlyou.com/Milanofiori/Mappa-del-Centro

Haha. Let's see how it will go with sitting on a chair all day. ;) You're right. It's going to be long days on the ice. We're not going to the practice on the competition days, as we have to travel one hour and fifteen minutes by tram and subway. So only seeing one of the categories when we arrive on Monday, when we are going to get our tickets. We have to book a flight, so we hope to arrive early in Milano. We're waiting for a lower prize with KLM. Yes, we're going to fly with KLM to Linate. Maybe not the cheapest flight, but then again, it's pretty close by bus to our apartment. After we've seen some practice, we're going to check the Carrefour and the rest there. ;} And the restaurants!!! Food is very important to us. Fuel for our tummy. :laugh:

So, you are going to attent most of the practize? I think it's overwhelming for us when we see them for the first time. My husband is going with me and he doesn't know anything about figure skating. Yes, he knows, what I've told him and he's seen a lot of skaters now on Youtube and from the stories I'm telling. So lots of famous names he knows. He suggested to go to the Worlds in the first place. I thought he was kidding. Last year he told me that we SHOULD go to a Worlds. Helsinki was too soon and Japan next year, ehm...... too expensive. So I'm glad that we are going next year!!

sarama

Medalist
Haha. Let's see how it will go with sitting on a chair all day. ;) You're right. It's going to be long days on the ice. We're not going to the practice on the competition days, as we have to travel one hour and fifteen minutes by tram and subway. So only seeing one of the categories when we arrive on Monday, when we are going to get our tickets. We have to book a flight, so we hope to arrive early in Milano. We're waiting for a lower prize with KLM. Yes, we're going to fly with KLM to Linate. Maybe not the cheapest flight, but then again, it's pretty close by bus to our apartment. After we've seen some practice, we're going to check the Carrefour and the rest there. ;} And the restaurants!!! Food is very important to us. Fuel for our tummy. :laugh:

So, you are going to attent most of the practize? I think it's overwhelming for us when we see them for the first time. My husband is going with me and he doesn't know anything about figure skating. Yes, he knows, what I've told him and he's seen a lot of skaters now on Youtube and from the stories I'm telling. So lots of famous names he knows. He suggested to go to the Worlds in the first place. I thought he was kidding. Last year he told me that we SHOULD go to a Worlds. Helsinki was too soon and Japan next year, ehm...... too expensive. So I'm glad that we are going next year!!

IMHO watching ALL the skaters for all events, can be overwhelming. Or at least it is for me... because compared to when you are at home even the Zamboni breaks aren't that long if you want to grab some coffe or go to the toilet, and watch the warm-ups. I mean time flies, but you also feel like you have been watching skaters for 59 hours non stop. And you don't want to feel so exhausted that you can't enjoy the final flight. So my suggestion would be to prioritise, maybe skip some groups in the early event and then stay for the entire later one, or go to practice stay for the entire early event, then have a break and come back for the last groups of the second event.

NNHH

Rinkside
Hi, I applied to volunteer without problems, I filled the questionaire, attached the documents and they sent me confirmation email that they will contact me as soon as possible.

sarama

Medalist
Hi, I applied to volunteer without problems, I filled the questionaire, attached the documents and they sent me confirmation email that they will contact me as soon as possible.
Thanks for telling me, I'll try again

mrsaybia

Rinkside

I suppose that you have experience with being a volunteer at such events. What kind of volunteer work are you going to do there? I'm just curious what work it is. ;)

krissycrossy

Spectator
Hi guys! Just only saw that the tickets went on sale as I was at Glastonbury last week so didn't have any internet signal.. wowee they're expensive! Much more than I thought they would be 😢 But it's worlds and my friends and I won't get an opportunity to go so we will just have to get over it!

I had a quick question, were likely going to be sat quite high up due to the cost, looking at the pink colour..if we go to the practices does that mean we have to sit there too?x

fra

Rinkside
I had a quick question, were likely going to be sat quite high up due to the cost, looking at the pink colour..if we go to the practices does that mean we have to sit there too?x

When you bought you're ticket you bought the same seat for all the event, included practices, so I suppose we should seat in the same seat both for practices and for the competition but I also think that not all the people who bought more expensive (aka nearer) seats will go to EVERY practice so maybe you can just try to find a good empty seat and leave it if the proper owner comes? I know it's not very "proper" but if the seat will be empty anyway you can give it a tryas long as you won't bother anyone.
Alert: I actually don't know how things work in these events 'cause it's my first time so maybe I'm suggesting something very impossible:confused2:

NNHH

Rinkside
Hi! I have been a volunteer for 4 years, mostly at cycling but I have been a volunteer at Europeans in Ostrava this year. There was a lot of positions, I was in media center and did press conferences and helped journalist and comentators, so I applied to the same position in Milano. But I don´t know where they´ll put me :) Another positions were for example checking tickets, standing on the stands helping spectators, helping skaters and staff go from airport to the arena and so on.... Hope it helps you, if you have another questions send me a PM :)

mrsaybia

Rinkside
Hi! I have been a volunteer for 4 years, mostly at cycling but I have been a volunteer at Europeans in Ostrava this year. There was a lot of positions, I was in media center and did press conferences and helped journalist and comentators, so I applied to the same position in Milano. But I don´t know where they´ll put me :) Another positions were for example checking tickets, standing on the stands helping spectators, helping skaters and staff go from airport to the arena and so on.... Hope it helps you, if you have another questions send me a PM :)

I was just being curious about what kinds of volunteers there are during such an event. Sounds great to be in the media center! Just let all of us know, which kind of volunteer you are going to be! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^I agree with sarama that watching everything can be overwhelming. In Helsinki, for the Monday practices, I was at the arena from 8 to 6 and Tuesday 7:30 to 6:30. I found that I couldn't stay for the ice dance practices (that I believe went until 10:30 or 11 pm). Too exhausted! And on days when there were competitions, it was even more tiring. I ended up skipping the short dance competition because my back hurt so bad! :drama: And I think in Milan, I need to make time for some sightseeing, so I have to figure out a better game plan.

As far as seating at the practices, at any competitions I've been to (Sk Can, Sk Am, Worlds) people have been allowed to sit anywhere they want, regardless of where their competition seats are. I am hoping it will be the same in Milan!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
people have been allowed to sit anywhere they want, regardless of where their competition seats are. I am hoping it will be the same in Milan!

Practice tickets are numbered in Milan, just like in Helsinki.
You can sit where you like during practices, but you probably do have to enter the arena at the right entrance. But, if you are sitting on a seat belonging to someone else, you are gonna have to leave if that person shows up during practice.

That said, some practices, hardly anybody will be in the audience. Ice dance practice in the evening? Practice at 6 am? Uhm... no.

mrsaybia

Rinkside
I think we are attending the practice only on Monday. Just for a short time to get our package. After that exploring the mall on the opposite of the Forum and then later on sightseeing Milano. The Tuesday is tourist day for us, so no ice that day. And let's see what the days are going to bring. Hope to see as much as possible, but like most of you are saying. The whole day seeing everything is exhausting. Maybe we are making a selection on the hand of the list of the groups who are skating that day and skip maybe the first groups of the short program. We'll see. I suppose they are giving you a timetable of the skaters who are going to skate that day?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Please stop posting in everything in bold

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I suppose they are giving you a timetable of the skaters who are going to skate that day?
The ISU will publish everything in schedules down to the minute, and they stick to these schedules; you could set your watch to them. You'll know exactly at which minute of which hour a skater attends practices... *if* they show up at practices. Especially Monday and Tuesday lots of skaters won't be there yet or won't attend all practices, and since there are multiple practices per day and there are also practice rinks not open to the public... But the schedule won't know that, so don't be surprised if you go to a practice session and it turns out your favorite isn't there. I've seen practice sessions in Helsinki where all six skaters in a group were absent, or one skater had the whole ice rink for him/herself. :laugh: If a skater doesn't show up, that's too bad, but it doesn't mean the practice session is shortened or anything.

The same goes for the competitions: starting times are all published ahead of the event and are followed very strictly, even if a skater withdraws. :thumbsup:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Writing walls of text all bold, is the text equivalent of shouting in somebody's face, same as typing everything in capitals.

I can put you on ignore, but other people keep quoting your unpleasant shouty posts...

mrsaybia

Rinkside
Yes[B said:
[/B]Way;1745867]Please stop posting in everything in bold

Sorry. I like bold.
But I'll do you a pleasure. No bold for me then on this forum. ;) I'll always write my emails with bold fonts. :palms:

Really I didn't mean to be shouty. Really, I don't. So sorry....... I'm never too old in learning something. So let's hope I'm not on the ignore button from someone. That was not my intention.

solene1

Rinkside
Really disappointed by the tickets so far...

Much more expensive that in Helsinki. No print-at-home tickets. And huge additional fees (61 euros if I recall correctly).

Apparently it's not selling good.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Much more expensive that in Helsinki. No print-at-home tickets. And huge additional fees (61 euros if I recall correctly).
Apparently it's not selling good.
Not being able to print the tickets at home is not a concern of mine.
But the high prices combined with the fact that it's post-Olympics, a lot of Asian fans probably focus on this year's GPF and the 2019 Worlds (never mind the Olympics) instead as destinations... yes, that is a bit worrying, because those things no doubt all lead to the bad ticket sales we're seeing right now. :disapp: