Underrated Choreographers | Golden Skate

Underrated Choreographers

minze

Medalist
I noticed top skaters keep using the same coreograph.. Lori, David. Are they any coreographers you wish people use more?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I noticed top skaters keep using the same coreograph.. Lori, David. Are they any coreographers you wish people use more?

Rohene! Although at this point, I doubt he is underrated. But wouldn't it be great to see singles choreos do pairs and dance. Can you imagine Rohene and the Shibs? My dream team....:yay:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Rohene! Although at this point, I doubt he is underrated. But wouldn't it be great to see singles choreos do pairs and dance. Can you imagine Rohene and the Shibs? My dream team....:yay:

PAIRS!!!! I want him to do pairs. Maybe if a pairs team worked with him with the perfect program they may have a chance at possibly getting a medal at world's! Heck even seeing a US team make a bit of a mark would be awesome.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Tom Dickson: Adam Rippon Fawn program, Satoko's new LP, Yuna's legendary Roxanne
Mark Pillay: Roman and Ricky's

amc987

On the Ice
I don't know if she's underrated any more, but I loved what Shae-Lynn Bourne did for Ashley Wagner's SP last season. Also, whatever Pasquale Camerlengo did with Akiko Suzuki's programs should be emulated wherever possible.

noskates

Record Breaker
Pasquale Camerlengo is a perfect example of how a good choreographer can go between genres. From someone who was primarily dance, he did a terrific job with Suzuki. I know Kurt Browning used to work on footwork sequences but I don't know if he does entire programs.

minze

Medalist
I don't know if she's underrated any more, but I loved what Shae-Lynn Bourne did for Ashley Wagner's SP last season. Also, whatever Pasquale Camerlengo did with Akiko Suzuki's programs should be emulated wherever possible.

He is one of my favorites. I loved the 2012 SP he did for Akiko😍

minze

Medalist

I lovec that program for Ashley. I do think the best coreographer for Ashley was Philips Mills, he brought the best in her. Why did you leave him:bang:

carriecmu0503

On the Ice

Shae-Lynn also did Jeremy Abbott's "A Day In the Life" short in 2010. I still think that's his best short program.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I like Pasquale Camerlengo, Kenji Miyamoto, Phillip Mills but I also really like Yuka Sato and the work she has done with Takahiko Kozuka, Sound of Silence is one of my fav exhibitions from him

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
Camerlengo= Suzuki "O"; Takahashi "blues for Klook"
Morozov= Leonova "Pirates", "JaiHo"
Shae Lynn Bourne= All programs for Kiira Korpi
Yuka Sato= Marchei"Artist"

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:popcorn:

That's pretty funny but honestly....well....:popcorn:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Philipp Mills did a lot better for Ashley, I thought, than her current choreo. I like his stuff.

Audrey Weisiger hosts a young choreographers' competition every year called Young Artists Showcase. There have been some very interesting entries. If unknown choreographers interest you, you will want to check this out.

Videos of entries are linked. I know Jason performed in one of the entries last year :)

http://youngartistsshowcase.net/

MKYAS Season 5 Online winner- Mauro Bruni! Live finals contestants selected- Anna Cobb and Katie Stewart! Congratulations to all contestants.

Finals at the Fort Dupont Ice Arena 2-4 pm Sunday November 30, 2014. Celebrity judges include Emmy Award winning choreographer, Sarah Kawahara, Ice Theater of NY Artistic Director Doug Webster and Macklemore choreographer and dancer, Anna Matuszewski

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Philipp Mills did a lot better for Ashley, I thought, than her current choreo. I like his stuff.

Audrey Weisiger hosts a young choreographers' competition every year called Young Artists Showcase. There have been some very interesting entries. If unknown choreographers interest you, you will want to check this out.

Videos of entries are linked. I know Jason performed in one of the entries last year :)

http://youngartistsshowcase.net/

It is sort of sad that Ashley and Phillip ended on such bad terms. I agreed he had some stellar programs -- her Black Swan and Red Violin programs come to mind.

Speaking of the young choreographers contestants -- I believe Garrett Kling did choreograph Kiri Baga's SP last season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHsEBsK9dfo#t=52m13s