US Sectionals | Golden Skate

US Sectionals

Sylvia

Record Breaker
For those who like to keep track of IJS scores, here's a compilation of the Senior/Junior/Novice singles skaters' placements and scores from the 9 Regional Championships last month (ETA: I've included the Sr. and Jr. skaters' fall international scores as well as their highest known summer or fall competition score if their international or regionals score happened to be lower):

Easterns singles roster

Midwesterns singles roster

Pacific Coasts singles roster

And here's a compilation of known club competition scores from the summer/fall for U.S. Senior, Junior and Novice Pairs.

Last edited:

efreedman

On the Ice
Eastern Sectionals-Gregory & Petukhov

The Senior Dance competition should be interesting, especially since Melissa and Denis will be there.

The Senior Dance competition at Nationals is going to be sick!!! (in a good way):rock:

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
I really hope that Samantha Cesario makes juniors and Joelle Forte makes seniors. They both skate at my rink and I'd be so happy to see them there.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
great to see Melissa and Denis on the roster can't wait for them to rock it out!

and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KEEGAN!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
great to see Melissa and Denis on the roster can't wait for them to rock it out!
I have no insider info but just wanted to point out that Gregory/Petukhov, I believe, were required to register for Sectionals because they are in USFS' Team C funding envelope this season. Whether or not they show up and compete at Easterns next week remains to be seen.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Gregory/Petukhov have officially withdrawn from this week's Eastern Sectionals (they are not listed in the Sr. CD starting order), which means they will not be competing this season.

Alissa Czisny has received a late bye through Mids this week because yesterday she was invited to next week's Cup of Russia as a replacement skater.

Easterns begins today and their start orders are up (results will also be posted at this link): http://web.icenetwork.com/events/detail.jsp?id=47074

Mids and Coasts start tomorrow... still waiting for their start orders to be published online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thanks Sylvia - bummer about Melissa and Denis but it doesn't surprise me either... just bums me out *sigh*

fiercemao

Match Penalty
I found a youtube video link to Jr. & Sr. Pairs' SP of Eastern Sectionals. Whoever is interested in watching can PM me!

Tracy Tanovich & Michael Chau are very good. Who are Caydee Denney & Jeremy Barrett ? They seem to have technical goods.

nylynnr

On the Ice
Denney and Barrett are a team out of Florida coached by Jim Peterson. They are technically very strong; at sectionals, they did a level 3 triple twist and got high levels on their lifts. They were third in the free skate at Finlandia.

Unfortunately, in Boston in the six-minute warmup Denney's boot heel split, so she had some trouble with the jump elements in the free. Normally she is a strong jumper -- she was sixth in junior ladies there, and landed triple Lutz and loop, the only lady in the competition to do so. It will be interesting at nationals to see how they fare vs. training mates Evora and Ladwig as well as Yankowskas and Coughlin. IMO we could be in for a good pairs competition which would be terrific.

guanglingsan

Spectator
Tracy Tanovich & Michael Chau are very good. Who are Caydee Denney & Jeremy Barrett ? They seem to have technical goods.

Michael Chau also finished 4th in junior men division. So he has qualified to US nationals in both junior pairs and junior men. Good for him.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
More videos have been added by IN. I can't believe another novice lady angele Wang is also skating to Turando. Crazy.