Volunteering | Golden Skate

Volunteering

Eveliina

Rinkside
Hey,

Has anyone applied to be a volunteer at the World championships? On the website it was said that they will contact via email by end of the December. I haven't got any mails. Has somebody got some answers already?:)

NNHH

Rinkside
Hi! I applied back in July and still haven't got any mails. But it is italian organisation, which is not the most precise, so I think we just need to be patient and hope we will get the information soon.

Eveliina

Rinkside
Hi! I applied back in July and still haven't got any mails. But it is italian organisation, which is not the most precise, so I think we just need to be patient and hope we will get the information soon.

Yeah I applied also in the summer, so good to hear and let's hope for the best together !:D

sarama

Medalist
Hi, I have received an email asking to confirm my availability. If you haven't heard anything yet, I think it's likely they are not contacting people all together (because a lot of things can change from when people applied and likely they want to check their intentions again).
It's a bit annoying to know it this late because if you don't end up being a volunteer it's more difficult to find good tickets and plan the trip, but I also understand that for the organizers there is still quite some time until worlds

Eveliina

Rinkside
Hi, I have received an email asking to confirm my availability. If you haven't heard anything yet, I think it's likely they are not contacting people all together (because a lot of things can change from when people applied and likely they want to check their intentions again).
It's a bit annoying to know it this late because if you don't end up being a volunteer it's more difficult to find good tickets and plan the trip, but I also understand that for the organizers there is still quite some time until worlds

Hey, yeah I haven't heard anything yet :( I'm just afraid that I have put email wrong or something or the application hasn't been sent or something like that

sarama

Medalist
Hey, yeah I haven't heard anything yet :( I'm just afraid that I have put email wrong or something or the application hasn't been sent or something like that

Did they reply to you (with an automatic response), right after you filed your application?
That's the only reply I got until recently. And in their newer email they said they'll write to me more details in A FEW days and it has been more than 10, so don't expect a lot from them:drama:

NNHH

Rinkside
Did they reply to you (with an automatic response), right after you filed your application?
That's the only reply I got until recently. And in their newer email they said they'll write to me more details in A FEW days and it has been more than 10, so don't expect a lot from them:drama:

I recieved the automatic response, but still no new emails. And guessing by comments under the facebook posts, I am not only one. Sarama, I think you are one of the lucky people that got some info. :)

Eveliina

Rinkside

I'm not sure I was trying to look for that, but I didn't got anything, so I'm afraid I got my email wrong or the application wasn't send properly

sarama

Medalist
I'm not sure I was trying to look for that, but I didn't got anything, so I'm afraid I got my email wrong or the application wasn't send properly
Well it could be that something went wrong with your application, or that it went in your spam folder

sarama

Medalist
I recieved the automatic response, but still no new emails. And guessing by comments under the facebook posts, I am not only one. Sarama, I think you are one of the lucky people that got some info. :)
Maybe because I'm Italian? They still haven't told me anything more than to confirm my availability...
Which I happily gave since I'm trying to get fired (strange story), and randomly taking 10 days off could help me to achieve that

NNHH

Rinkside

Yeah, maybe it went to the spam folder. I hope for you that your application got through and you will recieve another emails :)

NNHH

Rinkside
Maybe because I'm Italian? They still haven't told me anything more than to confirm my availability...
Which I happily gave since I'm trying to get fired (strange story), and randomly taking 10 days off could help me to achieve that

That is possible. :) There is still 2 month until Worlds, so it is time to contact us. But out of all of my volunteering experience this is the worst communication so far :D

sarama

Medalist
That is possible. :) There is still 2 month until Worlds, so it is time to contact us. But out of all of my volunteering experience this is the worst communication so far :D
I have never volunteered before, but yes it looks not such a great organisation in general

Eveliina

Rinkside
Well it could be that something went wrong with your application, or that it went in your spam folder

I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find anything. I sent them message yesterday asking about the email etc so let's hope for the best:pray:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I received the same notification as sarama did at the very end of 2017. It took me as an astounding surprise - I had problems filling out the application form, and since they never responded to my question I thought I just left it lying on the wayside! (info on the active DL was among the required fields, and I haven't had one for over a decade :eekn:) Obviously I did complete and submitted it, and they accepted my application!!! They say they will contact back *shortly* with further details, what I will be exactly doing, the schedule and the contact info of the person in charge, but nothing followed through so far - which I half expected considering the "Italian organization" :unsure: I do hope I will receive one fairly soon, I need to organize my trip (I did book a place not so far from the venue for a week, but I might have to adjust for an extra day or two, and the train ticket will be less if I book well in advance!).
It is pretty pathetic that the applicants from abroad haven't been contacted yet, they will need even more planning than the Italians who are coming!!! VERY considerate of them :disapp:
I just hope we won't encounter a huge confusion once we get there... *bracing myself* :palmf:

NNHH

Rinkside
I received the same notification as sarama did at the very end of 2017. It took me as an astounding surprise - I had problems filling out the application form, and since they never responded to my question I thought I just left it lying on the wayside! (info on the active DL was among the required fields, and I haven't had one for over a decade :eekn:) Obviously I did complete and submitted it, and they accepted my application!!! They say they will contact back *shortly* with further details, what I will be exactly doing, the schedule and the contact info of the person in charge, but nothing followed through so far - which I half expected considering the "Italian organization" :unsure: I do hope I will receive one fairly soon, I need to organize my trip (I did book a place not so far from the venue for a week, but I might have to adjust for an extra day or two, and the train ticket will be less if I book well in advance!).
It is pretty pathetic that the applicants from abroad haven't been contacted yet, they will need even more planning than the Italians who are coming!!! VERY considerate of them :disapp:
I just hope we won't encounter a huge confusion once we get there... *bracing myself* :palmf:

Congrats MGstyle! :thumbsup: I hope they will send you more information soon, so you can sort out everything important.
Right now, to me, it seems like they contacted only Italians even though being Italian (or speaking Italian) wasn´t mentioned as necessity in the application. :scratch2: Maybe they just have problems with writting English emails or something :laugh: But, at least, they could send an email saying our application was rejected and they are not counting with us.

sarama

Medalist
Congrats MGstyle! [emoji106] I hope they will send you more information soon, so you can sort out everything important.
Right now, to me, it seems like they contacted only Italians even though being Italian (or speaking Italian) wasn´t mentioned as necessity in the application. :scratch2: Maybe they just have problems with writting English emails or something [emoji23] But, at least, they could send an email saying our application was rejected and they are not counting with us.
The crazy thing is that the email I received was both in Italian and English

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
The crazy thing is that the email I received was both in Italian and English

Indeed... or perhaps they only have one default letter, and they went through the applications done from the page in Italian first, and after that they will get to the others... ??? Maybe.

Also if you regularly receive an avalanche of spams, you might want to go back and recheck the eliminated mails, if you still have them stored. I feel relieved that I spotted mine, I often just mechanically shove the spams into the dustbin without looking closely... it may be a possibility...