Wagner Takes on Her Critics | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Wagner Takes on Her Critics

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to agree with my fellow 'Sam' here. Although I do believe Ashley is taken out of context I much prefer the way Anna P. chooses to answer this question.

Q: You say qualify for Euros and Worlds, is it difficult to find motivation when there is such strong competition in the team?
A: It's not hard to find motivation, the level of competition pushes me and gives me the strength to train. When you know that you have strong rivals, and so many of them, it's very motivating.

It shows self respect, respect of her rivals, and gives the sport integrity. Sure it's the plain old boring truth but I like it. Much more inspiring which TBH is what I enjoy most about figure skating. I also think its equally refreshing when people don't hand feed the reporter drama and instead make the reporter squirm. That's entertaining for me.

I echo RD and Golden411's suggestion to listen to the audio. It puts her comments in a much better light.

FWIW: Anna's question was phrased better.

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
i can't believe that some posters are criticizing wagner when in fact she didn't really say anything bad to her fellow competitors.. unlike certain skaters and coaches who had the no sense of decency by attacking another skater because they're trying to justify the result.. and then defended by the same posters and making excuses.. :rolleye: