Wakaba Higuchi | Page 91 | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi

macy

Record Breaker
i believe it's for the best, even though i will miss seeing her skate :cry: wishing speedy recovery Wakaba!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is such a shame. She did a wonderful SP at Sk Can but didn't seem to be quite her usual self in the FS. Hope that she can rest up and heal prior to Nationals...I just rewatched her Sk Can FS, and during the broadcast they were saying she possibly had a stress fracture. Has there been any further news on that? I certainly hope not!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I do think it's wise to refocus for Nationals rather than a GP competition that wouldn't even impact her changes at the GPF (there's almost no chance she can qualify after Skate Canada). That way, I hope she's healthy enough for potential spots at Worlds and 4CC!

sakurano

Final Flight
sorry of the delay I learned last week his withdrawal from the competition rostelecom, although it is sad she took the right decision, anyway the final was out of wear.

I do not know what is the filler of his injury but I think it is better to spent this season.

I am sad that she has arrived at this stage but is still a great champion all is not lost but I think that her team and she do not make the right choices, she is still young then Gambatte Wakaba.

She is still my Japanese favorite so I do not lose hope that she shows us her true talent.

For those interested in WakaHFans.com to give the address for sent a small mail, I intend to send him one.

https://twitter.com/wakahfans/status/1060500586104147976

Just before the announcement of her withdrawal she posted cute little pictures

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpnWCVqFndl/

sakurano

Final Flight
watching the competition rostelecom makes me sad although there are others of my favorites who concour I am sad not to see Wakaba, I was hard with her but she misses on the circuit I hope that she heals and does what is best for her.

I wonder why we have no news of the progress of his injury, there are not even pictures :(

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
watching the competition rostelecom makes me sad although there are others of my favorites who concour I am sad not to see Wakaba, I was hard with her but she misses on the circuit I hope that she heals and does what is best for her.

I wonder why we have no news of the progress of his injury, there are not even pictures :(

I hope no news means good news :pray: hopefully we'll get word soon, as nationals are coming closer

sakurano

Final Flight
I hope no news means good news :pray: hopefully we'll get word soon, as nationals are coming closer

yes it's true as a fan I have to wait and support, so that she can come back in better shape, I was not as worried about the absence of an athlete because of injury since Satoko and Yuzuru.

I hope she's fine while waiting I'm patient watching her old video

sakurano

Final Flight
finally, thanks for news WakaHFans, it's good signs she gently heals and relearn to jump.

It is always disappointing to see that the JFS gave it up, it made me sad too when I saw that Wakaba is not even in the top 3 Japanese, I hope she will come back stronger and that she will fix some things, her personality really missed during her 5 GPS and at Skate Canada she was not at her best.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm glad to hear it's going well, hope people don't forget about her :p

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
From what I saw on Twitter, she misses a lot of people so I do not think we forgot

I love Wakaba but I think her FS music is not doing her a service... it just doesn't really look like she's enjoying the program as much as Bond or her previous FS...

sakurano

Final Flight
I love Wakaba but I think her FS music is not doing her a service... it just doesn't really look like she's enjoying the program as much as Bond or her previous FS...

it is true that this year she did not make the right choices but I think her interpretation of the four season vivaldi may be interesting once she has become accustomed and she will be in good health, anyway I see this season as a transition period, I would like to be optimistic but ... there are so many good programs this year and the field of Japanese and so deep that it will be complicated for her. Me it is with his EX on Oblivion that I have trouble he is not well built and does not look like him.

The list of participants for the championship of Japan is out Wakaba will participate well I look forward to see what she reserves us.

https://twitter.com/kuni3353kuni/status/1069578600075079681

This photo is December 3 she looks good :)

Spinning

On the Ice
Her injury hold her back from pushing both of her programs to be fruitful. She skated with obvious pains the last time we saw her in competition. I still have hope for her to repeat her Worlds podium finished. ***Finger-crossed***

Japan doesn't have a women's B team for 4CCs, does it? To be very realistic, I think her season is over at Nationals (the fed will push Sakamoto, Miyahara, Kihira as top 3, IMO), although I am happy for her recovery. I hope she trains hard for next season, or maybe she'll be sent for a B event later in the season. She can probably still do at least top 7 at Nationals. Maybe if she goes 4th she'll have a chance for something else.

Edit: oh no wait, of course it has a 4CC B team, they sent Mihara to it last season! OK, Wakaba definitely has a chance to go to a major competition this season.

Last edited: