Wakaba Higuchi | Page 92 | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
also hoping for a strong outing for Wakaba :)

zounger

Medalist
Wakaba was lovely. I really appreciate her music choice and choreo is nice as well. Well done :thumbsup:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
She looks great! So nice to see her smiling. And her basic skating seems a bit smoother. Best of luck in the free! I hope we get to see that kneeslide into the 2A.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Best she's skated all year! I'm glad she was more energetic in her performance because when she really sells her SP it really works for her!

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
Wakababy's post SP interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytaDAeeHsK8

Q How was today's SP?
A I'm really happy and it gave me confidence that I was able to show the results of my practice after withdrawing from Russia
Q Your thoughts over the past 2 months since your injury?
A Got treatment so that I could be satisfied with my performance during practice. Practiced in order to have no regrets at year end nationals.
Q After your landed all your jumps?
A I tripped up on the flip and thought "ah" and had to laugh.
Q Were you able to redeem yourself from last year's SP?
A I'm glad I didn't screw up the double axel
Q Day after tomorrow's F'S?
A I practiced the FS as well so I would like to go out there as usual without getting too nervous

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm pretty satisfied with Wakab's outing at nationals, especially coming off of an injury :) I don't know what the second half of the season will look like for her but I'm glad that she's starting to get back to her full form!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
After nationals, Wakaba is 1st alternate for Four Continents and 2nd alternate for Worlds.

I also read that she has withdrawn from the Bolzano Passion Gala in January to continue her injury recovery. :pray: Wishing her a full and healthy recovery and lots of rest!

sakurano

Final Flight
She's still well beaten I did not know that her wound was not completely healed until I read the article, it's sad, this year it will not be at 4CC or World, 'hope JFS will award him a second challenger if he is back on his feet by February. Is there any chance that next year she only has one GP?

I love her skating and will be really pity that because of an injury we see more on major competitions.

Wakaba get well and come back strong and mostly relax.
On the positive side it was nice to see her live her SP and with a smile I found the Wakaba of 2015.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
I believe to get guaranteed 2 GPs for next season her world ranking needs to be high enough as well as her season's best. I hope she does enough, otherwise, there's still hope for a host pick!

sakurano

Final Flight
I believe to get guaranteed 2 GPs for next season her world ranking needs to be high enough as well as her season's best. I hope she does enough, otherwise, there's still hope for a host pick!

I cross my fingers to make it enough, anyway by June / July we have time to worry.

The main thing is that it heals even if it means not to see it again before the summer.

She put beautiful pictures on her website, she is really photo genic :).

https://wakabahiguchi.com/

Banri

Rinkside
Happy 18th birthday , Wakaba!

I found no news about her, so translated her recent tweets.
https://twitter.com/wakawakaskate

On Dec 24
=============
Merry Christmas!

Thank you very much for rooting for me at the Nationals.
I could keep trying “what I can do now” for two months since I got injured.
Of course I was frustrated, but I believe that this year will lead my next step. Also, I could compete with the strongest confidence there in a while. I really enjoyed.

I could feel the atmosphere and the sense of tension specific to the big competitions. I want to become more confident and work hard to get good results at the big competitions again.

Now, everyone, have a happy new year!
=============

Today
=============
Belated Happy New Year! Please continue to support me.

I hope I can have various experiences and gain a lot.
Thank you for your support.
=============