Wakaba Higuchi | Page 94 | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Is it bad I’m disappointed cause I loved her winter freeskate so much - the music, choreo, costume [emoji1362] well, I wasn’t a fan last season so I don’t really know her bond program so well

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Return of Wakabond :) I'm pretty ok with this decision!

Banri

Rinkside
Hello Wakaba fans! :)
Here is the translation of the article about her. (It's a bit long)
=======================================

"sister” Wakaba sent cheers to Rikako, “I must do my best”
https://news.goo.ne.jp/article/hochi/sports/20190220-134-OHT1T50285.html

Wakaba Higuchi, figure skater and 2018 World silver medalist, left Narita airport for her last competition of this season, Challenge Cup, on Feb 20.

On Feb 12, her best friend Rikako Ikee, Japanese swimmer, announced her leukemia. “I must do my best at such a time. I want to finish successfully”, Higuchi showed her determination.

Higuchi will deliver her best performance to the close friend who is fighting the disease. Before the competition, Ikee’s leukemia was made public. Higuchi was upset “I was surprised to know it,” but expressed her decision, “I must do my best at such a time”. “I contacted her this morning.” They are such close. Higuchi will send power from the ice to the friend who cheers her in any situation.

The two met at the National Sports Science Center in the spring of 2017. They are the same age, and have become close. In the off-season for both, they went out to a cafe or pool together. Sometimes they went to the other one’s venue to cheer for. They are trying to improve as an athlete by learning from each other. Higuchi says “She is natural and always raises my consciousness”. Ikee says, “She is like my sister, super cute, always stimulating”. They mention their synergetic effect.

Higuchi was a person who was worry about others, but changed her approach to the competition, because Rikako told her “You can do what you should do and want to do with heart and soul at your own pace. Don’t care others.” Higuchi missed Pyeongchang Olympic last February, but “Rikako cheered on”. Getting encouragement, she got the silver medal at the Worlds in March.

Only In the next competition, she will use “Sky Fall” of the movie “007”. It’s the challenging program that she performed at All Japan Championship in 2017, when Ikee watched. “I want to skate as I like and show what I have practiced”. She will challenge the final battle of the season with a special thought.

If you are interested in Rikako..
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports...ar-announces-leukemia-diagnosis/#.XG30VangqgQ

Wakaba, do your best!! :ghug:

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Hello Wakaba fans! :)
Here is the translation of the article about her. (It's a bit long)

"sister” Wakaba sent cheers to Rikako, “I must do my best”
https://news.goo.ne.jp/article/hochi/sports/20190220-134-OHT1T50285.html

Wakaba Higuchi, figure skater and 2018 World silver medalist, left Narita airport for her last competition of this season, Challenge Cup, on Feb 20.

On Feb 12, her best friend Rikako Ikee, Japanese swimmer, announced her leukemia. “I must do my best at such a time. I want to finish successfully”, Higuchi showed her determination.

Higuchi will deliver her best performance to the close friend who is fighting the disease. Before the competition, Ikee’s leukemia was made public. Higuchi was upset “I was surprised to know it,” but expressed her decision, “I must do my best at such a time”. “I contacted her this morning.” They are such close. Higuchi will send power from the ice to the friend who cheers her in any situation.

The two met at the National Sports Science Center in the spring of 2017. They are the same age, and have become close. In the off-season for both, they went out to a cafe or pool together. Sometimes they went to the other one’s venue to cheer for. They are trying to improve as an athlete by learning from each other. Higuchi says “She is natural and always raises my consciousness”. Ikee says, “She is like my sister, super cute, always stimulating”. They mention their synergetic effect.

Higuchi was a person who was worry about others, but changed her approach to the competition, because Rikako told her “You can do what you should do and want to do with heart and soul at your own pace. Don’t care others.” Higuchi missed Pyeongchang Olympic last February, but “Rikako cheered on”. Getting encouragement, she got the silver medal at the Worlds in March.

Only In the next competition, she will use “Sky Fall” of the movie “007”. It’s the challenging program that she performed at All Japan Championship in 2017, when Ikee watched. “I want to skate as I like and show what I have practiced”. She will challenge the final battle of the season with a special thought.

If you are interested in Rikako..
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports...ar-announces-leukemia-diagnosis/#.XG30VangqgQ

Wakaba, do your best!! :ghug:

As someone that also follows swimming this is very nice to see! Thank you!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Is it bad I’m disappointed cause I loved her winter freeskate so much - the music, choreo, costume [emoji1362] well, I wasn’t a fan last season so I don’t really know her bond program so well

I wasn't too keen on the first music cut, but the costume is lovely.
For Bond, you could try searching for 2018 Worlds or 2017 Cup of China videos! :) worlds I think is available on dailymotion.

Is Wakaba likely to receive any GP assignments next season? I am worried because her current SB is at #36 .

randomfan

Record Breaker
I wasn't too keen on the first music cut, but the costume is lovely.
For Bond, you could try searching for 2018 Worlds or 2017 Cup of China videos! :) worlds I think is available on dailymotion.

Is Wakaba likely to receive any GP assignments next season? I am worried because her current SB is at #36 .

True, but she’s still #7 on the World Standings list, which is pretty high. Even after the 2016/17 data is removed and the 2017/18 lowered, I don’t think she’ll be knocked out of the top 24 (everyone in top 24 gets at least one spot). For the second spot, I think she’s definitely popular enough for the other federations to want to have her at their own GPs. Or JSF can just use one of their NHK host picks on her too.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Will her results at Challenge Cup affect her world standing/GP prospects for next season?

malya

On the Ice
Why does she still try that 3F in her SP?

Honestly, I hope she keeps Energia but loses that 3F! 3Lo BV isn't much less

P44

On the Ice
Why does she still try that 3F in her SP?

Honestly, I hope she keeps Energia but loses that 3F! 3Lo BV isn't much less

The problem really comes from this jump particularly ? I think she didn't pop it this saison.
And she "only" did a 3Lz2T. Is she still injured ?
That's a shame, because of Rika's score I was hoping she could get ahead in order to win this competition. But it is not lost and the free program is always decisive, it is there that all the difference is made. And I can't wait to see Wakabond again.

Otherwise I love this program too. It stands out so much from what we are used to see but it suits her so well, she interprets it wonderfully.

malya

On the Ice
The problem really comes from this jump particularly ? I think she didn't pop it this saison.
And she "only" did a 3Lz2T. Is she still injured ?
That's a shame, because of Rika's score I was hoping she could get ahead in order to win this competition. But it is not lost and the free program is always decisive, it is there that all the difference is made. And I can't wait to see Wakabond again.

Otherwise I love this program too. It stands out so much from what we are used to see but it suits her so well, she interprets it wonderfully.

I remember she did a great SP at one of her GPs (I think it was Skate Canada?) but her 3Fe cost her a lot of points. Even if she lands it, it deserves an edge call so lower scores than 3Lo anyways, even with a ! ...

No idea about her injury but I wouldn't be worried if she didn't have the most ambitious jump content here. She has no main starts left and needs to get in shape next season, not now.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Yaassss Wakabond!!!
Wakaba's SP is one of my favorites this season. It's so refreshing and unique! I love her music choices.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
186 in total. Missed two combos and popped a few jumps. Hope she can rest now. Her injury is really bothering. Hope also will finally learn that putting the 3F in the SP is just not a good idea.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I really don't think there was any advantage to her competing here. She'd have been better off taking a rest after the Japan Championships and turning her mind toward starting fresh next season. It's been a disappointing followup to her World silver, sadly, but tomorrow's another day.