Web series on Montreal ice dancing teams | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Web series on Montreal ice dancing teams

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I really loved this episode: Madi H. sending Adrian off to Spain for Nats, Olivia and Adrian being so thrilled with their win at Nats and enjoying spending time with Adrian's family, Madi C. and Evan saying their Christmas wish was for all the I.AM teams to go to the Olympics together and visiting the Christmas markets, just a really sweet episode overall. I also really like the fact that they show Sara and Kirill in a sympathetic light, not painting them as the big, bad villains that Olivia and Adrian have to overcome, but instead as a legitimate rival team who have a good shot at making the Olympics themselves, as well as showing great clips from both teams' programs in the highlights section.

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Agree with everything GoneWithTheWind said. The series is so great. I wish there were similar series in the future. I'd absolutely love to see Moskvina's or Mishin's school, or TCC, or Villard de Lans with so many promising jr. and freshly sr. French ice dance teams, or Young Goose Academy in Egna or Carol Lane's teams. Basically, I just want moooore :hap10:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Thank you for posting this. I just watched each teams' FD for the first time, and well, Smart/Diaz certainly have improved technically to a marked degree, while Hurtado/Khavalian seemed to have lost some of their prowess. I'm not particularly impressed with either program--they're serviceable. But H/K's is particularly weak (in fact, I thought the most impressive thing about them is Sara's very chic haircut).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Agree with everything GoneWithTheWind said. The series is so great. I wish there were similar series in the future. I'd absolutely love to see Moskvina's or Mishin's school, or TCC, or Villard de Lans with so many promising jr. and freshly sr. French ice dance teams, or Young Goose Academy in Egna or Carol Lane's teams. Basically, I just want moooore :hap10:
Oooh yes, or a cross-European special series where each week we get a glimpse into a different training camp! I'd love to see inside Barbara Fusar Poli's training school too, I can imagine her level of enthusiasm at early morning training would be quite a sight to behold!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I learned from watching this that Madison Hubbell considers having a small wedding "only" inviting 125 guests. :rolleyes:
I'm sorry but I don't quite see the need for the shade against Madi. For someone like her/in her position there are large families (esp her fiances family). And many friends, coaches, etc from her time in the sport.

arewhyaen

On the Ice
I'm sorry but I don't quite see the need for the shade against Madi. For someone like her/in her position there are large families (esp her fiances family). And many friends, coaches, etc from her time in the sport.

I think it's less about Madi knowing 125 people, and more about the delusion that 125 guests is a "small" wedding. lol.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think it's less about Madi knowing 125 people, and more about the delusion that 125 guests is a "small" wedding. lol.
I completely understood what the OP was saying about this. What I am saying is, this IS a small wedding for someone well connected in the skating world and with larger families.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think it was more a lighthearted chuckle for precisely the reason you note - different perspectives and degrees of scale, than shade. For me, 125 sounds huge, for Hubbell, obviously not.