Wednesday Practices - Ladies | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Wednesday Practices - Ladies

antmanb

Record Breaker
:laugh: LOL! That's a very funny story! Thanks for the very interesting discussion about the piece. I guess our impressions of it today are created by memories of T&D and the film 10! ;)

Though T&D first used it as background music to warm up to at the beginning of their practice sessions, so that would tie in with the repetitive [some say monotonous] theme. Amazing how they created such a romantic story to a previously *industrial* piece. Though these days that layer upon layer style of instrumentation is quite the vogue for composers like Micheal Nyman or Philip Glass. I love Skating, for the fact we can have these discussions about the music aswell as the technical aspects of the sport! :clap:

That's funny because the Kerrs have said that they used to warm up to the piece of music by Rob Dougan from the matrix which they then decided to use for their Matrix FD a few seasons back.

Ant

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
That's funny because the Kerrs have said that they used to warm up to the piece of music by Rob Dougan from the matrix which they then decided to use for their Matrix FD a few seasons back.

Ant

Gosh! I didn't know that Ant, and I am a Kerr's Fan. :agree: :)

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Cheers for the info, I'll try to search for it, might be on their website archives. :agree: