Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I watched this program, and I only love them more. For me Han was never overshadowed by Sui. His skatig skills are great! I mean, sure, she's THE Boss, but they compliement each other on ice. I really, really hope, they will let Sui recover completely, I want to see her competing with Han at Olympics. And not holding back.

Sui has gone from purple to black now. She seems to like changing hair colour ;)

Last edited:

laybacklipnitskaia

Spectator
Watching that brought tears to my eyes. I'm already a big fan of them and now I'm an even bigger fan. They have such a deep, emotional bond with each other and it's so touching to see just how much they support each other. They truly are a team. Beautiful. Hoping Sui has a full recovery.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Happy birthday, Empress Sui! :cheer: :hb: I wish you health, health, and once more, health! :cheer2:

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Happy Birthday :hap10: :hb: Wishing nothing but health, happiness and success :cheer:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Happy Birthday to The One and Only Lady Boss, Empress King Wenjing!! may her new age bring her healthy season and career!! and Han is just too awesome giving her a crown!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Happy birthday queen Sui! I hope she will be much healthier and happier this season!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I think Sui is more fit for Empress (regnant) than Queen, but this is a mystery to me that how come she possesses such regal presence so quickly. TBH, I didn't feel that aura much from them in the season 2014-15. In the Olympic season, she was so cute, but didn't look like a princess something. :) Maybe due to the programs last season and their big improvement in body lines and assurance?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Sui is more fit for Empress (regnant) than Queen, but this is a mystery to me that how come she possesses such regal presence so quickly. TBH, I didn't feel that aura much from them in the season 2014-15. In the Olympic season, she was so cute, but didn't look like a princess something. :) Maybe due to the programs last season and their big improvement in body lines and assurance?

Their programs were phenomenal last year!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes. Their performances in Boston were marvellous and majestic. I also love Sui's cute and surprised eyes in the KnC zone. :)

Their short program just took my breath away, and I was so happy the audience was so warm and appreciative towards them. And didn't she have that big monkey stuffed animal in the K & C? Too funny. I got so excited when I saw them listed for Skate America, but there's no way she'll be ready -- DARN! But she needs time to heal. Han says the U.S. is a lucky place for them, so I could already envision them taking the gold at SA! Maybe next year.

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist

I think she always had it in her, and last season she finally managed to channel that aura into her programs. Probably it was the result of more confidence from being world silver medalist, good programs and being a little older and mature

Layback11

Record Breaker
Happy birthday, Boss Queen! Wishing her a fast, full recovery and loads of future success :hb:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I love reading interviews of these two! It's always so entertaining. You can tell they have a solid partnership :) and the questions were very funny as well. Also, I like that their favorite part of skating is just the presentation and basic skills. People might know them for their crazy tricks, but their simpler elements are just as good, if not better.

Spiral

Final Flight
Matmuh, thank you very much for sharing this! This is a great interview, and it's wonderful to have an opportunity to get to know them and their story.

It's interesting that they make a great pair team, but they're so different! She loved fs from the first and insisted on continued skating, despite the opposition and obstacles by her mother, while he was happy when he got what he thought was a career-ending injury and cried when it turned out it wasn't, and came to like fs only a few years ago. And yet he was ambitious and pushed her to catch up with the other teams as soon as they had teamed up.

On a different topic, I must say I highly admire him for finding the time and the energy to study languages and learn a musical instrument during his peak competitive years!

I wonder though, if he disliked skating so much for all those years of training, why did he continue?

And I'm not sure what she meant when she said she wondered what the guy who lived upstairs who never went to work did for a living, and it turned out he was a fs coach. I would have thought this is one job one can't do from home? :)