What a great idea to support skating and skaters in Russia | Golden Skate

What a great idea to support skating and skaters in Russia

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia

Channel One launched an action with virtual support at the Russian Cup in Sochi​

Competitions due to coronavirus will be held without spectators in the stands.
“Athletes perform in front of empty stands. Without the support of spectators and fans. We invite all spectators, fans and figure skating fans to fix it! Support athletes and coaches right from the stands - and become virtual fans!
How? You can record a video or take a photo with a poster, upload a video or a photo with the hashtag #хочунакубок (EDITED - thanks to ice coverage), upload a video or photo on your page or in the comments.

During the competition at the Ice Arenas, we will install video screens on which your photos and videos with posters will be displayed. Athletes and coaches will see you, feel your energy, and you can visit the stands and see yourself during a live broadcast - on the air of Channel One or on the website.

We will not only show your videos and photos on the podium, but also the most active of you will receive tickets for the next competition with spectators, autographs of your favorite athletes and mementos. City and country of residence do not matter, everyone can become a virtual fan! The next competition is already on October 23rd, we are waiting for your photos and videos! " - said in the message of the First Channel.
The action on Instagram was supported by many figure skaters: Evgenia Medvedeva, Anna Shcherbakova, Alexey Yagudin, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and others.
The third stage of the Russian Cup in Sochi will take place from 23 to 27 October.

Source: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...s-virtualnym-boleniem-na-etape-kubka-ros.html via Google Translate

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... You can record a video or take a photo with a poster, upload a video or a photo with the hashtag #hochunakubok, upload a video or photo on your page or in the comments. ...

Source: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...s-virtualnym-boleniem-na-etape-kubka-ros.html via Google Translate

My two cents: The Google Transliterate-d hashtag is unlikely to work for this purpose, IMO.

For anyone who would like to take part, I would strongly suggest using the original hashtag in Russian, which is:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
the third stage in Sochi will be held without spectators and with limited press.

tickets for the fourth stage in Kazan have gone on sale,

but perhaps the virtual spectators are allowed to attend again.

it gives 1TV something to show during resurfacing breaks?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The USFS is inviting cardboard "attendees" at Skate America with a donation to their scholarship fund, I believe.

If I understand this one, you take the selfie screaming "GO favorite skater", use the hashtag, and they will display? Cool:cool:

Of course, the most realistic substitute home crowd action this year IMO was at an Eagles game with no fans. The NFL has stadium operators who have been substituting fake crowd noise in those circumstances.

In this particular game, the Birds tanked. And the *home* stadium noise operator played Boos. Lots of them. The Eagles definitely felt at home:laugh:

Amei

Record Breaker
The USFS is inviting cardboard "attendees" at Skate America with a donation to their scholarship fund, I believe.

If I understand this one, you take the selfie screaming "GO favorite skater", use the hashtag, and they will display? Cool:cool:

Of course, the most realistic substitute home crowd action this year IMO was at an Eagles game with no fans. The NFL has stadium operators who have been substituting fake crowd noise in those circumstances.

In this particular game, the Birds tanked. And the *home* stadium noise operator played Boos. Lots of them. The Eagles definitely felt at home:laugh:

Unoriginal at this point a lot of major sports having been doing that. There was an instance with a baseball team where a homerun was hit and nailed 1 of the cardboard attendees in the head.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Unoriginal at this point a lot of major sports having been doing that. There was an instance with a baseball team where a homerun was hit and nailed 1 of the cardboard attendees in the head.
Yes, I know many sports are doing the cardboard cutouts, they can be very clever (or touching) with what they show.

Is anyone else doing the Twitter hashtag?

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
My two cents: The Google Transliterate-d hashtag is unlikely to work for this purpose, IMO.

For anyone who would like to take part, I would strongly suggest using the original hashtag in Russian, which is:
I confirm this. not finding anything as #hochunakubok, I tried writing in cyrilic and indeed there are quite a few already submitted both on Instagram and Twitter.
So I suggest copy and paste the hashtag ice coverage privided, if you don't have an interface to write in cyrilic.
I really love this idea. It looks like the Russian Fed is much more serious in keeping the sport going than ISU, and kudos to them (y) I do hope ISU will consider closed door competitions and/or virtual competitions at least for the Europeans and the Worlds, and include this format of fan participation, which should really jazz up the mood.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Did the cardboard cutout get a lifetime's worth of free game tickets for their trouble ;)

Russia's idea sounds really fun! I'm thinking of sending something in, although my voice sounds awful on recordings, maybe I should just wave banners. :biggrin:

MGstyle

Medalist
Russia's idea sounds really fun! I'm thinking of sending something in, although my voice sounds awful on recordings, maybe I should just wave banners. :biggrin:
I don't think the audio is audible, just the images being shown, so I don't think you need to be worried about your voice 😄

Does anyone have any idea what sort of dimension would be acceptable for this project? The displayed images are quite large, and I doubted an Instagram sized picture would come out really bad, so I made sure to make my image large enough when I submitted it. I wanted to make a few more for some of the Jr. skaters for today and tomorrow, but I am not finding a decent image with a sufficient size! Is there some technology to enlarge small images and maintain acceptable quality???

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so chuffed they displayed my contribution for Dima while he was performing!!! :party2::jump::love2: He was always on the move every time he passed in front of it so I couldn't get a decent screenshot - he stayed still and spinned in front of a display board but alas, it was the other set :palmf: But I can't complain, I am so glad that he saw my ❤️ all the way from Italy!!

:rock: I am sure that Dima felt the love!:clap:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am so chuffed they displayed my contribution for Dima while he was performing!!! :party2::jump::love2: He was always on the move every time he passed in front of it so I couldn't get a decent screenshot - he stayed still and spinned in front of a display board but alas, it was the other set :palmf: But I can't complain, I am so glad that he saw my ❤️ all the way from Italy!!
That's so awesome! How exciting for you!

Sadly I didn't see my contribution, I think I misunderstood the instructions or something. Or they didn't like my face?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Perhaps the screens will be put in place at the other stages too, just to get more audience participation?

1tv will surely advertise a new round on their instagram.

MGstyle

Medalist
I hope this project will continue on to the rest of the competitions, and hopefully the Russian Nationals (if it were to be held without the audience) I see lots of entries for the skaters who weren't competing in Sochi. But even considering that, they displayed a very limited number of images out of what have accumulated, well over 700, and from what I saw, definitely not the "best of". They should bring in a few more monitors and also rotate them more often! I do appreciate they specially featured the banners for the specific skater when he/she/they were performing. (that's when mine appeared!)

brakes

On the Ice
To support skating and skaters in Russia Rusfed should REGULARLY translate the videos.
Just find and hire some translator or student, who's also fan of figure skating and make subs for everything that shows up in the web/television - I bet for many of them it would be a dream job and dream content for us. :)
The fans doing great job translating, but I feel like federation should have their own professional approach there.

Wouldn't you like to learn more about these personages: history, relationships, anecdotes, etc.? :popcorn:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To support skating and skaters in Russia Rusfed should REGULARLY translate the videos.
Just find and hire some translator or student, who's also fan of figure skating and make subs for everything that shows up in the web/television - I bet for many of them it would be a dream job and dream content for us. :)
The fans doing great job translating, but I feel like federation should have their own professional approach there.

Wouldn't you like to learn more about these personages: history, relationships, anecdotes, etc.? :popcorn:

I think they will start doing this sooner or later.

Even the Fed is probably shocked at how popular their skaters are outside Russia. Why not take advantage? The most popular topics on this, a west English language board, are the Russian ladies.
If they are smart, they would have an English and Japanese version of their website.
It costs next to nothing and is a wonderful marketing tool.