The Wedding Date

Pretty Woman

Oklahoma

Sleepless in Seattle

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
All mine have been mentioned, but When Harry Met Sally for its simultaneous humor and sweetness and its ability to portray how hard it can be for two people to come together. Somewhere in Time is very special for its evocation of a past era. GWTW has been mentioned and of course it's a grand star-crossed lovers epic, but also so much more -- about war and its effects on people, changing times, different kinds of courage, etc. Love Actually as noted shows so many different kinds of love, and it's very appropriate for this time of year!

Do love the Austen stories, too, esp P&P and S&S, and their several excellent film versions! (Who's your favorite Elizabeth Bennett? Although I love Jennifer Ehle in the role, my nod has to go to Elizabeth Garvie, with her delicate skin and "fine eyes!")

ETA: Oh, cannot fail to mention the philosophically-questioning but ultimately life-affirming The Fountain.

Last edited:

flying camel

Medalist
Do love the Austen stories, too, esp P&P and S&S, and their several excellent film versions! (Who's your favorite Elizabeth Bennett? Although I love Jennifer Ehle in the role, my nod has to go to Elizabeth Garvie, with her delicate skin and "fine eyes!")

I thought Jennifer Ehle was the best Elizabeth Bennett. She had such a way with displaying Elizabeth's humorous side. Did you ever see Elizabeth Ehle in the movie Posession (another great love story)? You see her in a whole new light.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Who's your favorite Elizabeth Bennett? Although I love Jennifer Ehle in the role, my nod has to go to Elizabeth Garvie, with her delicate skin and "fine eyes!")

Keira Knightly for me!