TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1) James & Cipres SP
2) Carolina SP
3) Deniss V. FS
4) Alina FS
5) Marchei & Hotarek SP -- Now that's the way you sell a SP! That ought to be great fun at Milan Worlds!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Dima FD
PC FD
ALina FS
Caro SP
Marchei & Hotarek SP & FP
Javi SP

SimplyLex

On the Ice
The single most amazing thing from these Europeans for me was Carolina Kostner's SP. I just know I will keep coming back to this performance.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
1. Kostornaia EX
2. Medvedeva FS
3. Zagitova SP
4. Zagitova FS
5. Medvedeva SP

berry8

Final Flight
1. Aliev FP
2. Loena Hendrickx FP
3. Medvedeva EX
4. M/H SP
5. Kostner SP

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The single most amazing thing from these Europeans for me was Carolina Kostner's SP. I just know I will keep coming back to this performance.

I agree - the whole structure of the program and the performance of it in Moscow felt somehow out of place, looking what tendencies we have now, what is the winning approach, yet myself I connected with it the strongest, reaching beyond visual experience. Carolina is a figure who never cease to amaze me - after 2 failed Olympics (one in her home country), ban situation, ups and downs, she still has heart for the sport and a soul for performing, which was evident in SP. The program, how it is performed by Carolina is a voice of something from the past, taken from enormous experience she has and bringing this 'old FS era charm' into today's scene. And it causes for me the feel of longing and sadness that she's one of the last skaters with this quality of performance, projection, this kind of style.

The program itself is build around her aura, presence I feel, and focuses on how she interacts with music, lyrics. The precious thing about the program is for me the fact that Carolina's skating builds equally strongly with dramatic flair of the music, Celine's voice, yet there is such harmony in her movement; also, the control she has over her emoting, integration of it inside her expression, combining it all with quality of her skating is mesmerizing. Watching her with that SP performance, I have the same feeling as watching Patrick Chan - even when she stops, pauses, her body is still singing, moving people.

I know I derailed the thread a bit, for me obviously Carolina's SP is the best from what I saw at Europeans, other performances that moved me:

- Dmitri's FS
- Deniss' both programs
- Javier's both programs
- Laurence/Nikolai both programs
- Sara/Kirill both programs
- Charlene/Marco FD
- Vanessa/Morgan SP
- Valentina/Ondrej both programs
- Loena's FS - I hope this is a birth of a new star, Hendrickx family has really something special:)

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
1. Javier Fernández: doing PR on the Red Square, practices, SP, FS, the small medal ceremony Q&A replies, gala. If I have to live with this being the last competition of his I will ever see live (should he decide to skip the worlds), I can certainly survive on these memories for a long time.

2. Deniss Vasiljevs SP
3. Carolina Kostner SP
4. Morgan and Cipres SP
5. The two Russian kids who started the gala: Artur Danilyan and Alena Kostornaia

Honorary mentions

The super skilled and super efficient and super cute flower girls and boys. In one of my mean moments, I suspected that some of them had more skating skills than some of the competitors... I don't know how many hours their mothers had spent doing their hair!!

Organization that worked very well here deserves a big thumbs up. Efficiency and attention to detail. Clean toilets all the time đź’š

The audiences which did not consist 99% of women. Huge crowds even on work day competitions.

And in general, Moscow which was cold and snowy on the outside, but hot and usually quite friendly on the inside. I especially thank the young man working at a hole-in-the-wall coffee place near Tverskaya metro station who made my first truly good coffee in a week on Saturday morning and consequently saved my life.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
1. Ivett TOTH trying to pull off AC/DC in her SP. Never knew she even existed before this event, but she has my full attention now.
2. Moscow's crowd reaction when Medvedeva or Zagitova were entering the ice rink and when they were about to skate :eeking:
3. Alexandra Trusova's gala program and her trying to pull off that quad during the program and two more times during the ex Finale (I don't think the cameras showed that). Then finally getting mad after falling for the third time :laugh:
4. Medvedeva and Zagitova FS
5. Carolina Kostner ex on Led Zeppelin's Bonzo's Montreux. Holly crap I did not expect to ever see that in figure skating.
6. Candy Man. I'll take it any day if I have to chose between that and most of the snooze fest programs in the Pairs competition.

Caro skated her SP last year at Euro on the same music. You should watch it. Its pure avangarde :luv17:
1. I also liked Ivet skating to AC/DC. (and i also dont have a problem with Candy Man) :agree:
2. This year, I found Loena Hendrickx programmes and style very unique.
3. Best overall performance i must give to Zagitova. (i liked Caro SP performance also)
4. Best choreographed programme for me is Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen Spanish Caravan FD :bow: Shame we wont see that programme at Oly. (and shame Virtue/Moir didnt choose to skate to it).
5. Best gala programme is Zhenya's one.

freeman21

On the Ice
Caro skated her SP last year at Euro on the same music. You should watch it. Its pure avangarde :luv17:
5. Best gala programme is Zhenya's one.

Damn, I actually forgot about Zhenya's gala. That was definitely in my top 5 :agree:
Also, thx for the Caro tip. Watching it now

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Best:
  1. Zagitova SP and FS
  2. Papadakis/Cizeron FD
  3. TĂłth SP
  4. Medvedeva SP and FS
  5. Vasiljevs SP
  6. Micol Cristini FS
  7. Marchei/Hotarek SP
  8. Rajicova SP
  9. Loena Hendrickx SP
  10. Ponsart FS
Also:
Fournier Beaudry/Sørensen FD, Brezina FS, Majorov FS, Rizzo SP, Kostner SP, Russo SP, James/Ciprès FS (even with mistakes)

Personally devastating moments:
- Laurine crying after SP
- Laurine FS

Personally trippy moments:
- First moment seeing disco pickle with stirrups
- First moment seeing Kostner's PCS after FS
- First moment seeing Nazarova's leg fringe(?!?) in SD
- Zabiiako/Enbert costume change in FS
- Besseghier SP

I had fun watching with you all. And kudos to the ISU for a perfect streaming experience.

LadyB

Record Breaker
In no particular order:
Small Medal Ceremonies were held in public with plenty of time to take loads of pictures, ask the medalists questions and have them up close
Zhenya and Alina pre-Olympic showdown
Bobrova/Soloviev FD
Stolbova / Klimov gala performance
Opening Ceremony

(there would be a lot more, but that's the five that came to my mind first of all).

Above all I can't praise enough the organisers, all the skaters, the wonderful Russian people and beautiful city of Moscow :points: