What's your top 5 of this Grand Prix ? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What's your top 5 of this Grand Prix ?

danse

On the Ice
In no particular order:

- Team Gadbois.. From the medal ceremony when Tessa and Scott were mounting the podium and Roxanne was playing and in the background you could see Zach and Madison doing the choreography in the background. Their group photo session after the medal ceremony was hilarious.

Zach: "Someone's elbow is close to my happy spot."
Scott : "that's me."
Marie-Jade: "SORRY!"

https://youtu.be/5FSKVltRC-s

- V/M's FD. The more I watch it, the more emotional I know i will be come Peyongchang.
- H/D's FD. Probably my favourite of all the FD's this year. Like butter.
- Adam Rippon's FS
- Polina. The maturity and jumps of this kid. Amazing.
- Sui/Han - what a FS!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Adam Rippon's FS. Magical, breathtaking, and completely mesmerizing. Gorgeous jumps, outrageously gorgeous spins and choreo.
2. Hubbell and Donohue's FD. Slow burn of passion, a sensual dance. Never a thought of looking at technique, just seamless beauty/chemistry.
3. Cappellini and Lamotte's FD. Best Life Is Beautiful skate Ever. Anna & Luca made me cry, and I never even liked them before. Joy, tragedy, triumph.
4. Sergei Voronov. Just ... love. Loves skating, he had me at Exogenesis and now.
5. Sui and Han FS. Swelling, genuine emotion to the most beautiful fs music.
6. Alexa and Chris. Alexa held up the technique, Chris elevated the emotion.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm catching up on NHK Trophy cause I was on a weekend away....so far watched the men SP, pairs SP, short dance and half of the men's FS (also a few of the Ladies SPs). I'll probably update but so far:

1. Sergei Voronov, both programs
2. Sui/Han SP
3. Stolbova/Klimov SP
4. Cappellini/Lanotte SD
5. Fournier-Beaudry/Sorenson SD

Honorable mentions: Satoko Miyahara SP, Polina Tsurkaya SP and Jason Brown EX.

Other programs may kick it off the list once I watch the free dance, the rest of the men's FS, the rest of the ladies SP and FS and a few more exhibition programs.

Last edited:

bobbob

Medalist
1. Sui/Han WR and SP too!
2. Stolbova/Klimov back in form
3. Evgenia showing she is human
4. Voronov SP and FS
5. V/M, C/L in ice dance

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
1. Evgenia SP
2. Polina SP and FS
3. Sui / Han FS
4. Jason Brown SP
5. Alena FS

joanne129

Rinkside
1. Sui Han WR!!
2. Polina's gorgeous performance
3. Sergei's back!!
4. Adam LP
5. Alena's clean LP

champs

Final Flight
1. Kazuki Tomono's FS.
2. Mirai Nagasu's facial expressions towards the end of her SP.

lappo

Final Flight
Polina - Great senior debut on the big GP scene! From comments, it seems that she was really enjoyed by many and I'm really happy for her!
Diva Stolbova is back - enough said! (But please, someone tell Fedor copying Max Trankov man bun won't give him a medal...)
S/H everything!
Satoko back on the ice - again, happy for her after her bad injury!
Cappellini/Lanotte FD - happy that they chose this music!

GGFan

Record Breaker
1. Adam Rippon LP

That's pretty much it. Rippon's performance is the only thing here that showed skating as close to the ideal of what it should be. The pairs programs were precise and impressive but the choreography and interpretation are lacking to me. The dance programs are just these endless series of twizzles and other turns, leaving the interesting movements as too stand-alone to hold much value. The ladies are...yeah. It's been nice seeing Rika Hongo fight back this season, forever underscored, but her programs aren't her best either (the LP could have been special too, but now she's trying to go for more of the Russian style instead of something more musical and meaningful).

This is both sad and hilarious. I'm glad we don't all live under the weight of such high expectations. :biggrin: