Which recycled program would you like to see again at the Olympic games ? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Which recycled program would you like to see again at the Olympic games ?

readernick

Medalist
I sure hope Jason Brown takes his Sinnerman and Kolyada his White Crow to Beijing.
Last year, I said I wanted to see the Snake program by Chock&Bates one more season and lo and behold, Covid happened (which made me thinking to be careful what I wish for)
I love Bradie Tennell's SP to Richter's Mechanisms & Chronos, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
Satoko's Song for the Little Sparrow deserves another showing.
Unpopular opinion but I loved Shoma's Balada para un Loco. He'll have my vote if he decides to recycle it.
But as long as Trusova and Usachyova retire this year's Romeo&Juliet monstrosity, I'll be happy.

Agree with everything! I am hoping against hope that R&J still be abandoned by all skaters next season. Great music, but not after the 100th program with such similar music cuts.....As others have said, I don't think you are the only one who loved Loco for Shoma. That was the best program he has ever performed imho. The drama suited him to a T. If fact the when I thought about this, I was thinking the six singles' programs I wouldn't mind seeing again where the programs you mentioned and "A Beautiful Storm" from Rika which has already been mentioned many times.

pianistliz

On the Ice
If he is there, I am pretty sure Yuzu will take Heaven & Earth which I guess technically counts as a recycle (he did it this year a whole.... once) and I'd love to see it mature properly. LMEY, not so sure - from interviews he did it as a fun piece for fans and may go for a new piano piece.

I'm with Jason and Schindler.
YES I must see Heaven and Earth and Schindler at these olympics!!! LMEY is awesome and I wouldn't mind seeing it but I'd be totally fine with Yuzu picking something different/more...regal, I guess? For the occasion.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Another vote for Jason's Schindler and P&P's Vincent. But sadly the fact that P&P used Vincent for Ex last season (and of course that they are always keen on inventing something new) doesn't bode well for that to happen 😞
I would love to see the SP of this season by Mishina & Galliamov, and Pavliuchenko & Khodykin (🤞🤞🤞 that they will make it)
Kolyada's Nureyev FP
Papadakis/Cizeron FP Find Me
Roman Sadovsky FP from this season, Chasing Cars
I believe he's indicated that he is keeping it.
I think it's been confirmed that Paniot is not going to be eligible to go to the Olympics next year due to the citizenship requirements + the release from the Ukrainian Fed. I would love to see him keep that program next season that program screams for being done with an audience, it would be a million times better with that crowd energy (even though he was amazing this year and under-scored IMO). We've seen several Elvis programs since lyrics were allowed and of the ones I've seen, I think Paniot is the first person to really sell that Elvis attitude/swagger.
That's Nic Nadeau for me. I enjoyed Paniot's, but Nic's was better imo. Anyways, I feel like he (Paniot) said he's keeping Elvis for next season.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
I am not a great fan of recycling, unless there are at least some changes in the choreo. And please, do not bring back past programs unless they have been radically reworked - showing that you can still do that stuff excatly like back in the day is not great proof for claims of artistic development.

But because this season has been so weird and most programs have not received too much exposure, there are at least two programs that I would like to see kept for next season. Aleksander Selevko (EST) and his hiphop SP and Ekaterina Kurakova (POL) and her Chaplin FS. Possibly also Eva-Lotta Kiibus's (EST) Harry Styles SP because I think she could get much more out of it with a bit more time.

I was sorry to read that Valieva will probably keep the Bolero FS for next season, because it just isn't that good. The inspiration comes so clearly from Carolina Kostner's epic 2014 choreo and though Valieva tries hard, she does not have that it factor Caro had with that music and performance. Not even with all the jump fireworks.

On the other hand, if I were Kolyada and/or his team, I would hold on to dear life to the White Crow as it is the best choreo that he has ever had (and that is not a huge praise coming from me, unfortunately, because his other programs have been mostly just painfully bad IMO).

E

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Kamila Valieva's current SP.

Anna Shcherbakova's Dreamcatcher FS could use a modernized variation. Obviously it can't just be repeated as is.

Veronica245

Spectator
I wish you liked my idea of suggesting programs you would like to see again at the Olympics! :)

For my part, I would like to see at the Olympics.

Kamila Valieva with her Picasso short program (Spiegel I'm Spiegel, Allerdale Hall).

Anna Scherbakova with her short program: A comme amour by Richard Clayderman

Marin Honda with her short program: The giving by Michael W. Smith

Evgenia Medvedeva with her long program : Vai Vedrai - Cirque du Soleil , Alegría - Cirque du Soleil and Jeux d'enfants - Cirque du Soleil

I would dream that thoses 4 programs would end up in the Olympics although that is unlikely.

And, a few things I wouldn't want to see at the Olympics would be Kamila Valieva's Bolero. I want her to change this program, because I don't find that suit her personality.

What programs would you like to see again at the Olympic Games?
I would like Nathan to bring back his Rocket Man long for the Olympic year, it would make sense.

Mylesag

Rinkside
I'd love to see a reboot of this primitive, cave-person, Me-Mungo-You-My-Woman dance of the Duschenays from Calgary 1988. I can just see Jean-Luc Baker & his partner or the Zagorski-Guerreiro Russian couple doing it. Or maybe even a Japanese couple doing it.