Who Will Hang Around for the Next 4 Years? and | Golden Skate

Who Will Hang Around for the Next 4 Years? and

Who will make an Oly comback?

I think a few skaters and teams will bow out now, and more after 2011 and 2012. 2013 is the last Worlds before the Olys. Who now? Who later?

The Olys are in Sochi, Russia. I can imagine Dai wanting back to back medals to tie Button's long-time record, but will he skate any Worlds before it? I think Joubert has had his share of Olys and will not go to Sochi but may take on another Worlds. I doubt Evan and Johnny will.
Chan, Brezina, Rippon, Kozuka, Abbott(?) will hang around till Olys.

Japanes and Korean Feds will insist that Mao and Yuna go but maybe not so heavily to Worlds. Lepisto, I see as hanging in there till Sochi. Makarava will be groomed for Sochi. Kostner is very doubtful to hang out.
The US ladies are still young but must face another grueling Nationals for each Worlds leading up to Olys.

It seems Steuer is already seeking a new Pairs team for Sochi. Does that mean S/S will be bowing out? K/S may have to skate all those Worlds leading up to Sochi The Americans have to go through the grueling Nationals.

I've read on forum that V/M will be retired, but C/P will be around for another 4 years. K/N have had two, do they want another? The Kerrs? F/S? C/L? P/B? Z/Z? The Americans again have to go through Nationals.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
I do hope Jeremy sticks around. His talent without a matching title is a shame. His programs at Nationals seriously were OGM-worthy. I had him as a viable gold contender, along with Plushenko and Evan.

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
It seems Steuer is already seeking a new Pairs team for Sochi. Does that mean S/S will be bowing out?
S/S are staying, at least that's what they said after the pairs event. From a German article:

Steuer: [...]Wir glauben einfach, dass wir noch nicht an unsere Grenzen gestoßen sind. Wären wir in Vancouver Olympiasieger geworden, hätten wir uns sicherlich nicht auf vier Jahre festgelegt. Nun aber wollen wir den nächsten kompletten olympischen Zyklus angehen."
Steuer:[...] We just believe we haven't reached our limits yet. Had we become Olympic champions in Vancouver, we surely wouldn't have made the commitment to a whole four more years. Now however, we want to do the complete next olympic cycle."

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can imagine Dai wanting back to back medals to tie Button's long-time record.

:confused: HUH? If Dai won a 2nd Olympic medal, he wouldn't be the first man to do so since Dick Button. Brian Orser and Elvis Stojko won 2 consecutive Olmypic silver medals and Evgeni Plushenko won consecutive Olympic silver, Olympic gold, and Olympic silver.

It seems Steuer is already seeking a new Pairs team for Sochi. Does that mean S/S will be bowing out?

I have heard Aliona and Robin plan to continue to compete, which is really good news for fans like me! :love:

Last edited:
:confused: HUH? If Dai won a 2nd Olympic medal, he wouldn't be the first man to do so since Dick Button. Brian Orser and Elvis Stojko won 2 consecutive Olmypic silver medals and Evgeni Plushenko won consecutive Olympic silver, Olympic gold, and Olympic silver.
Button's back to back Oly medals are GOLD. Dai could tie that.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm thinking Leonova will retire or disappear from the World Stage once those wonder babies are old enough to go to worlds...