Who's going to Skate America? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who's going to Skate America?

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I’m an old man with a gray beard and mustache wearing an orange cap. My seat is 119, C, 8. Happy to say hi to any Golden Skater. At the moment I am sitting in my hotel room with my dog watching the Peacock practice cam. I will be in my seat for the comps.

nguyhm

On the Ice
There are a lot of missing "events/things" at this year's Skate America. There's no Ice desk or any kind of network broadcast...., no sessions for skaters signing autographs, no Skate America backdrop for picture taking and no goodies (none) :slink:
I am still very thankful for being able to attend a skating event after several years of "hiatus" (for me due to covid) but notice some differences. The skating has been wonderful and that's what matters most.
Kevin and Ilia made this all worthwhile.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
There are a lot of missing "events/things" at this year's Skate America. There's no Ice desk or any kind of network broadcast...., no sessions for skaters signing autographs, no Skate America backdrop for picture taking and no goodies (none) :slink:
I am still very thankful for being able to attend a skating event after several years of "hiatus" (for me due to covid) but notice some differences. The skating has been wonderful and that's what matters most.
Kevin and Ilia made this all worthwhile.
I am really sad that there is no signings or pictures with skaters.

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am really sad that there is no signings or pictures with skaters.
I've seen Mariah and Ashley Cain wandering around the concourse, chatting with fans and signing autographs.

Outside of Rusty, the no-frills approach hasn't bothered me much because the skating has been very good (other than pairs) and I really like the energy the crowd brought yesterday!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I've seen Mariah and Ashley Cain wandering around the concourse, chatting with fans and signing autographs.

Outside of Rusty, the no-frills approach hasn't bothered me much because the skating has been very good (other than pairs) and I really like the energy the crowd brought yesterday!
Pairs were better than I expected tbh, it were women that were most disappointing to me tbh. I can't belive so many of them didn't do well even in short. Malinin totally carried men's event and dance was awesome!

I have no idea who Rusty is, but I saw Bell. Mostly I wanted to meet Mrazkova/Mrazek, Browns, La/LA, Sato, but eh, well. We did have a chance to congratulate Litvintzev so we were pretty happy about that.