Who's going to Skate America? | Golden Skate

Who's going to Skate America?

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I'm planning to just drive up from Houston on Saturday to see the whole day and then spend the night and see the Sunday festivities. Anyone else going? I'd love to meet up with other GSers and put faces to names. I was eh/neh, because I'm a Russophile, but hey, I'd love to see Ilia and Isabeau in person. So they drew me in. Would love to meet others.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm planning to just drive up from Houston on Saturday to see the whole day and then spend the night and see the Sunday festivities. Anyone else going? I'd love to meet up with other GSers and put faces to names. I was eh/neh, because I'm a Russophile, but hey, I'd love to see Ilia and Isabeau in person. So they drew me in. Would love to meet others.
Mom and I are flying in for the whole event. Can't wait to see Malinin, Levito, Naumov, Torgashev, Mrazkovs, and Hendrixx and more, more, more... it's a great event, even without the Russians. And yup, I miss them too, particularly because Russian men can actually stage that long awaited resurgence and pairs, pairs... oh, well.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
If my dog and I are feeling healthy I plan to drive from the Seattle area to visit my brother and his wife near Dallas and to go to SA with them and their daughter. If I make it there I would love to meet and be able to put a face on to some of my favorite posters on Golden Skate.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if there will be FOFS breakfast?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am local (I live 15 minutes from the arena) and will attend the whole event. I would love to meet up :). Watching practices together could be a start since we can pick where to sit.
Wow! You are so lucky!!!! I don't even have an arena within 15 minutes of me. Let alone one of size to hold major skating events!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know how much of the practices we'll be able to see (hopefully on Thursday, not sure about Friday's practices as we will be spending time with a cousin who lives in Flower Mound, TX). The good news is that our cousin plans to join us for all of the competitions on Saturday!

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
My dog Willow and I are in Phoenix so we are a little more than halfway to Allen. I am visiting a childhood friend who just had a heart attack but seems to be recovering okay. My parents and I moved into a house across the street from him in the fall of 1940 when he was just under 4 years old and I was just under 3. So we have known each other for 83 years. It is a pleasure to reminisce together.

On our way to Texas we will stop near Tucson on Sunday to visit Willow's breeders. They used to live in southern Washington near Portland but moved to Arizona about 4 years ago. I am hoping Willow gets as much joy seeing them again as she did when we visited them in Washington. Willow is also getting old as she will be 14 this December.

Still looking forward to meeting some Golden Skaters in Allen :love2: .

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'm going to the whole thing, getting there on Thursday to watch practices. And have the first decent Tex Mex I've had in years. Cannot wait. Would be better with Gracie but it is what it is .
Have either Isabeau or Amber competed this season? I'm quite interested to see the progress Isabeau has made now that she's our National Champion. Amber is always a wild card for me. I do love her deep edges and personality however, I have not been a huge fan of her programs. I hope they have great performances at their home event. Good luck to all the skaters.