Who's Going to Worlds? | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Who's Going to Worlds?

shyne

Final Flight
And sheesh. You guys ain't kidding when you said that the lower level tickets on stubhub were like $500.
Can you say, "Scalp!" Supply and demand.....

I sold my extra ticket on there, break even with what I paid to ticketmaster + stub hub (only 1/2 of the price some 10 rows behind me from the same loge were asking). It still took two wks to sell. I really don't think the demand is that high. Maybe the $500 tickets will have their price eventually reduced?

Last edited:

winky97

Medalist
I know. Scalping sucks! If anyone sells their ticket for a lower price for like any sporting event or concert, then that deserves respect.

I bought better seats for Ladies SP and LP and sold my balcony seats on stubhub for a little more than I paid to cover fees. I also sold an extra gala ticket. I price mi e to mainly try to get my money back and not to try to get some big profit. A scalper probably bought them to scalp. The prices will likely fall as the event gets closer if people are not paying the marked up prices.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I've actually seen that. I can't remember where, but I have seen that.

A great one I saw at the cricket a couple of summers ago was a white board (I think also called a dry-erase board) with big-tipped whiteboard marker. They just changed the sign according to what was transpiring in the game at the time. Genius.

I did that at SA! I brought a whiteboard and wrote messages to all the skaters I liked as they got on. I was right by the area where the sweeper girls got on, so the skaters could (hopefully) see me. The guard near the sweeper girls' entrance door asked if I was being paid for that because I did at least ten signs throughout the weekend. :laugh2:

Candi

Rinkside
Hi everyone! I am going to Worlds! Already have the tickets to all practises and events and the Gala. I Will stay in relatives house, maybe a little bit far from Boston (2 hours. To americans this is not far).

I am from Portugal, we don't have ice, so Boston 2016 will be my first competition ever. I would love meet someone and going to the GS dinner or going out to some party. There will be some official bar to parties?

After Worlds I plan visit Washington, New York and some place with a lot of show.

I am getting together with others. PM me.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I know. Scalping sucks! If anyone sells their ticket for a lower price for like any sporting event or concert, then that deserves respect.

I have given tickets away, especially galas, or charged half rate......I hope some day there is a techy answer to killing scalping...I dont mind a system where people can sell their tickets back to the arena so that the arena can re-sell them, all for face value. But buying tickets and sclaping them is morally wrong, IMHO. Right now, the only techy answer is to tie the ticket to a particular person, like airline tickets, but that would be too hard....but dont discount technology of the future....! You are young enough to wherre you might see the day! finger print checkers and retinal scans might figure into it.....

nguyhm

On the Ice
I will be in Boston and am looking forward to meeting as many GS "friends" as possible. This is my first time ever attending an FS competition and first time in Boston as well. I will be traveling alone and will be using the T to commute to the arena. I will be flying into Boston around noon on Wednesday, go to hotel to drop off luggage then head straight to TD garden to catch the last group of ice dance. I would like to see the Opening Ceremony if my all event ticket allows it. I welcome any company inside and/or outside the rink :biggrin:. I would love to attend any GS get together. I will be staying at the Hilton Boston Back Bay on Wednesday and will be moving to the Ritz Carlton Thursday to Sunday - my son and daughter in law will be joining but mainly will only go for the ladies and men's FS. I'm a little apprehensive about walking back to the hotel at night after the events but I understand that it's safe so I think it will be ok (I'm from texas so I don't get out much... :slink:). Hope to see everyone in Boston.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I will be in Boston and am looking forward to meeting as many GS "friends" as possible. This is my first time ever attending an FS competition and first time in Boston as well. I will be traveling alone and will be using the T to commute to the arena. I will be flying into Boston around noon on Wednesday, go to hotel to drop off luggage then head straight to TD garden to catch the last group of ice dance. I would like to see the Opening Ceremony if my all event ticket allows it. I welcome any company inside and/or outside the rink :biggrin:. I would love to attend any GS get together. I will be staying at the Hilton Boston Back Bay on Wednesday and will be moving to the Ritz Carlton Thursday to Sunday - my son and daughter in law will be joining but mainly will only go for the ladies and men's FS. I'm a little apprehensive about walking back to the hotel at night after the events but I understand that it's safe so I think it will be ok (I'm from texas so I don't get out much... :slink:). Hope to see everyone in Boston.

I wouldnt worry one bit about walking back from the T. 3000 of your best friends will be walking with you! ;) Your first Comp! You will love it. I dont know if this is so important at Boston as we shall see only a few practices and competitions, but when I go to nats, where arenas and practice rinks can be cold and dry, I see three times as many practices and comps and my old dry hands can crack with all that clapping, and since I know a number of folks who have contracted MRSA (my dad died of it) I am very careful in a public setting like an arena to put on antibacterial ointment to try and keep them soft.....My stuff is like vasoline and it helps the hands to not crack and provides a barrier against MRSA. Young folk dont have to worry about such things.... ;)

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States

It's my first skating competition too, and I'm very excited! And it will also be my first time in Boston as well :laugh: I can't wait to meet other people and to watch all my favorite skaters! I'll probably have to figure out how to navigate the Boston transportation system though... My city only has metro buses, no trains or subways!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's my first skating competition too, and I'm very excited! And it will also be my first time in Boston as well :laugh: I can't wait to meet other people and to watch all my favorite skaters! I'll probably have to figure out how to navigate the Boston transportation system though... My city only has metro buses, no trains or subways!

My city doesn't have trains or subways either but fortunately I've been to Sydney and Melbourne multiple times and have learned to navigate theirs, so fingers crossed I don't get too lost.

Now I'm picturing hordes of GSers wandering helplessly around T stations across the city :laugh:

winky97

Medalist
My city doesn't have trains or subways either but fortunately I've been to Sydney and Melbourne multiple times and have learned to navigate theirs, so fingers crossed I don't get too lost.

Now I'm picturing hordes of GSers wandering helplessly around T stations across the city :laugh:

Boston's transit is pretty easy or maybe I think that because being from Chicago I am used to subways and trains. Plus Boston is a great walking city with lots of cool things to see. I am crossing my fingers for mild weather so I can walk around. For anyone staying at a hotel in the Back Bay there is a shuttle that you can take from the airport to your hotel for $5.

nguyhm

On the Ice
Boston's transit is pretty easy or maybe I think that because being from Chicago I am used to subways and trains. Plus Boston is a great walking city with lots of cool things to see. I am crossing my fingers for mild weather so I can walk around. For anyone staying at a hotel in the Back Bay there is a shuttle that you can take from the airport to your hotel for $5.
Thank you for the tip. I am considering using the shuttle from the airport to Hynes convention center, not too far from my hotel in Back Bay. $5 for the trip is a steal :thumbsup:

shyne

Final Flight

T is very easy and convenient.
The streets in Boston, however, are confusing (intersecting at odd angles, crooked, doesn't align with the North-South-East-West grid). Legend says that the roads in Colonial Boston were constructed based on cow paths from cows wandering aimlessly about the town :laugh:

nguyhm

On the Ice
T is very easy and convenient.
The streets in Boston, however, are confusing (intersecting at odd angles, crooked, doesn't align with the North-South-East-West grid). Legend says that the roads in Colonial Boston were constructed based on cow paths from cows wandering aimlessly about the town :laugh:
This should work great with someone as "directionally challenged" as me :confused:

winky97

Medalist
Thank you for the tip. I am considering using the shuttle from the airport to Hynes convention center, not too far from my hotel in Back Bay. $5 for the trip is a steal :thumbsup:

I am going to use it both ways since I will be at the Westin and it fairly close. It's worth it not to be switching trains to get to and from the airport. Plus, from reading the website it appears that the shuttle is free with a valid public transit pass and leaving I will have one since I plan on buying one to get back and forth to TD Garden.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
This should work great with someone as "directionally challenged" as me :confused:

PM me if you get lost! I generally like to help tourists get around the city. In my experience, you can always ask station attendants on the T or even passengers. They're generally pretty helpful.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I've recently started to look into the possibility of going. Cost has been a big deterrent so far (hotel and tickets the biggest culprits), but I'm not going to give up just yet...looked on TM for lower bowl seats to Ladies FS, couldn't find any...looked on Stubhub, found that they're running $800(!!!)...Ladies SP seems a bit better, but still, this is insane. :reye:

winky97

Medalist
I've recently started to look into the possibility of going. Cost has been a big deterrent so far (hotel and tickets the biggest culprits), but I'm not going to give up just yet...looked on TM for lower bowl seats to Ladies FS, couldn't find any...looked on Stubhub, found that they're running $800(!!!)...Ladies SP seems a bit better, but still, this is insane. :reye:

The ladies LP lower bowl went quick. I would keep checking TM though because it would not surprise me if the organizers held tickets back for other obligations that later become available. Also, the closer the event gets the more likely some of those stubhub prices might fall.

R.D.

Record Breaker
The ladies LP lower bowl went quick.

Actually, even on day 1 of ticket sales, lower bowl seats were nowhere to be found.

I'll keep checking in hopes that more get released soon. The only catch is that the closer the date gets, the more expensive it tends to be to make travel arrangements, which is somewhat frustrating but maybe the total cost will still be lower.

Last edited: