Why do the U.S. women lose their Triple Lutz-Triple Toe? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Why do the U.S. women lose their Triple Lutz-Triple Toe?

arewhyaen

On the Ice
She did fall apart a bit in the free

Some things never change I suppose! :sneaky: But seriously, that short program was such a positive step forward for her. I've always admired her 3-3- the height on BOTH jumps, as well as the flow from the lutz to the toe was always so impressive to me.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Then maybe she should try 3Lo-3T/3Lz/2A. I know 3Lo-3T doesn't seem aesthetically pleasing but Honda was doing pretty ones.
In FS less is more. She doesn't need the big combos. As long as she has 7 triples, rotations and GOEs are the most important.

If their trouble is adding a 2nd triple after another, then jumping the easiest triple in first can help. If the trouble is the 3T itself, then it won't help them that much. Otherwise, i guess Mao would have done 3T-3T instead of those 3-2.
I don’t see the point in doing the 3t-3t when the skater could get the same points with two 2a-3t’s. A single 3-3 isn’t really necessary to maximize the points. In addition to the 2a-3t, a 3 jump combo and/or 3lz-2t in the second half could be added to get the bonus. The real point-getters, and what skaters need to do to be competitive, are 3- 3s in the second half—and it’s plural because they need more than one.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I don’t see the point in doing the 3t-3t when the skater could get the same points with two 2a-3t’s. A single 3-3 isn’t really necessary to maximize the points. In addition to the 2a-3t, a 3 jump combo and/or 3lz-2t in the second half could be added to get the bonus. The real point-getters, and what skaters need to do to be competitive, are 3- 3s in the second half—and it’s plural because they need more than one.
I was talking about the SP.

Indeed two 2A-3T in FS are enough. Quality is more important than difficulty, especially for skaters with rotation issues. Satoko's layout with two 2A-3T was perfect for her. But i think skaters are pressured to jump 3-3s to show they are top skaters.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some things never change I suppose! :sneaky: But seriously, that short program was such a positive step forward for her. I've always admired her 3-3- the height on BOTH jumps, as well as the flow from the lutz to the toe was always so impressive to me.
I actually recall Gracie falling apart more often in the short program than in the free. So to do a clean short was a big step.

arewhyaen

On the Ice
I actually recall Gracie falling apart more often in the short program than in the free. So to do a clean short was a big step.

I think you're right! I guess I said that because what sticks out the most for me was her falling apart in the 2016 worlds free

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Both amber glenn and gabbie izzo did triple-doubles in the sp just now at Golden spin. Maybe it was loss of balance or something, I just don't know.