Withdrawals | Golden Skate

Withdrawals

Anna

On the Ice
Totmianina/Marinin withdrew. They left the practice early and Vassiliev said she had stomach problems. According to official word (and www.multitran.ru :) ) she has chronic cholecystitis (gallbladder?).

Efaeva/Menshikov withdrew following the accident during practice. She had hard fall on the throw and hit the board. I have not seen it, but I was told she was carried away on a strecher and diasgnozed with concussion in the hospital.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG---Tatiana Totmianina has a chronic gallbladder? Wow, that could be a BIG problem if she has an attack prior to or during the Olympics. My brother-in-law had a very bad attack and had to be hospitalized, then kept on heavy-duty antibiotics for two weeks before he could even be scheduled for surgery to remove the gallbladder.

Anna

On the Ice
They issued official press release about Totmianina

According to it, she was examined before GPF because she had pain below ribs on the right side (sorry, do not know the medical term). She was diagnosed with non-acute cholycistytis, but the long distance travelling and change of diet (for Japan) made it worse. She was treated prior to competition in Kazan, but it did not help. She is advised to go through another examination in St. Petersburg clinic and to take measures to treat it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This was the second attack in two months for Tatiana. That would indicate she has a BIG problem and there is no guarantee she won't have another attack before or during the Olympics. I understand she is in the hospital now for tests.

elv

Rinkside
chuckm said:
This was the second attack in two months for Tatiana. That would indicate she has a BIG problem and there is no guarantee she won't have another attack before or during the Olympics. I understand she is in the hospital now for tests.
OMG. Poor girl. These attacks always are extremely painful. I hope she will be OK very soon. And nothing will happen during Olympics.

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
elv said:
OMG. Poor girl. This attacks always are extremely painful. I hope she will be OK very soon. And nothing happen during Olympics.

Ditto. I would hate to see something happen medically to Tatiana that is basically pretty easy to fix medically (in a reltative sense) that due to timing, would interfere with the Oly Dream. I hope she can get this solved quickly.

Go T/M!

DG

Geez, sorry to hear about Tatiana's health problems! I hope she'll be alright. From what I understand, gall bladder operations are easier to get thru than the attacks!

Vash01

Medalist
Tatiana may be better off having the surgery right now, than trying to postpone it. She may still have enough time to train, although they will lose a couple of weeks (that's one third of the time left!).

What if she has an attack very close to the Olympics (or even during the Olys) ?-they will not be able to skate at all. What a tough situation to be in!

Vash

elv

Rinkside
Great news.Tatiana don't need any operation. She released from hospital already. And she is almost OK.

Last edited: