World Aquatics Debuts Open Category at Berlin Swimming World Cup 2023 | Golden Skate

World Aquatics Debuts Open Category at Berlin Swimming World Cup 2023

yesterday

Record Breaker
Do you think that's good, is it a step forward/into a direction that other sports could or should follow?
What about figure skating?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you think that's good, is it a step forward/into a direction that other sports could or should follow?
What about figure skating?

I don't know. I don't think they will have many entries.
The Senior Olympics is open to people of all gender identities...but they are hardly cutthroat competition.

"The St. Louis Senior Olympics (SLSO) and the J believe everyone deserves to participate in a safe and welcoming community. We are committed to creating an atmosphere where all athletes, staff and volunteers feel safe, supported, respected, empowered, and equal. SLSO welcomes all athletes, staff and volunteers who are transgender and/or non-binary. All athletes who are transgender will participate in categories that reflect their gender identity. SLSO allows athletes who identify as non-binary to choose the gender category in which to compete throughout the games."

yesterday

Record Breaker
I don't know. I don't think they will have many entries.
The Senior Olympics is open to people of all gender identities...but they are hardly cutthroat competition.

"The St. Louis Senior Olympics (SLSO) and the J believe everyone deserves to participate in a safe and welcoming community. We are committed to creating an atmosphere where all athletes, staff and volunteers feel safe, supported, respected, empowered, and equal. SLSO welcomes all athletes, staff and volunteers who are transgender and/or non-binary. All athletes who are transgender will participate in categories that reflect their gender identity. SLSO allows athletes who identify as non-binary to choose the gender category in which to compete throughout the games."
I think Senior categories like the Senior Tour in tennis are a bit different. It's somehow more of an issue the more highly competitive an event is (?)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Senior categories like the Senior Tour in tennis are a bit different. It's somehow more of an issue the more highly competitive an event is (?)
Yes, I did mention they were not cutthroat competition. ❤️