Your favourite Scheherazade program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Your favourite Scheherazade program

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
During the 2004-2005 dance season, a young U.S. dance team--Caitlin Mallory and Brent Holdberg--won the U.S. Junior Nationals silver medal with a beautiful program to Scheherazade. It was choreographed by Sergei Ponomarenko (or perhaps Marina? I remember it said Sergei in the program). And it is still my favorite memory of any Scheherazade program. I wish there was a version on youtube, but I cannot find one.

Last edited:

begin

Medalist
I never tire of Scheherazade. Probably the most effective of the warhorses when you look at all the milestones achieved using that piece of music!

Happy to see Yuna's LP getting some love. She may have been a bit unpolished back then but her energy and charisma was so compelling. And I know it was heavily inspired by the Kween's Scheherezade but David's choreography really made it Yuna's.

Also loved Mao's interpretation. Unusual arrangement but it was perfect for her!

mary01

Final Flight
Mao's the first one that comes to my mind, it was soo different and original, from the music arrangement, to the costume, to the the stepsequence done on one foot, it was really refreshing and nice to see soo much creativity to such an overused piece of music, and that made her program stand out alot and very memorable, eventhrough it's years since i last saw the programs, it's still stuck in my head.

Yuna's was also amazing, the grand and powerful music along with her beautiful costume and choreography, and i think it's one of her best programs to date