Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov - ret. after 2016/17 | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov - ret. after 2016/17

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
How is Yuko? I hope she is alright. So tough and such a fighter.

I hope to see them at their elegant best again soon.

LRK

Record Breaker
So glad you mentioned that. I had looked away from my computer for a minute and almost missed him! But I thought that was him. Does he talk about doing coaching after he retires?

I think so, but I can't remember any specifics. Anyway, he already enjoys it, so I'd expect him to.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think so, but I can't remember any specifics. Anyway, he already enjoys it, so I'd expect him to.

I really hope he does decide to do so. He has had the benefit of the teachings of Moskvina, and it would be great if he can pass that on to other skaters.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Here is an interview with Yuko after the CoC http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/2593-yu...-ya-khochu-uchastvovat-v-sorevnovaniyakh.html, in which she said that she was very glad to be able to come here to compete. Despite the mistakes, she had more positive impressions from this event. (I think they received the support & encouragement from the Chinese audience more than ever this time, and for this we should thank the hospitable & considerate people there.) After the SC, she did not train because of the leg pain (I don’t know whether my understanding is correct here :scratch2:). Surprisingly competing at CoC brought back those old feelings that she had not experienced for a long time. Lastly she was not sure whether they could participate in the Nationals even though they had that desire.

I love Sasha as a person and respect Yuko as an athlete, and I wish them all the best! Many thanks to Tatiana for her very good & professional interview as usual!

It will become even harder to let go of your dreams you have been pursuing all your life when approaching the end of the road, but much to your surprise, a far more interesting and colorful life outside the arena is waiting for you.

On November 20th Yuko turns 35 years old, so let’s wish this strong but a little stubborn lady a happy birthday! :hb:

I encountered some trouble while sending this lengthy post. OK, that's fine. :disapp:

LRK

Record Breaker
Awwww! That is so nice! The Chinese skating audience clearly really appreciate Yuko & Sasha - it was very apparent this year; but also last, even though they beat the home favourites, and there is no higher testimony than that. Clearly people were happy for them - and happy to see them this year too, just because they love their skating.

Happy birthday, Yuko! I hope this will be a great year for you, and will give you happiness & joy. Thank you for all the grace, drama and joy you and Sasha have given to us via your skating, and the inspiration through your fighting spirit and courage. You are a true heroine.:)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Happy birthday Yuko.

I'm little worried with her comments about competing in the Russian Nationals. I really hope they will be there. It will be tough for them to make the team but I am confident they can do it. I thought they were very warmly received by the Chinese fans and it was nice of the organisers to mark him birthday.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Happy Bday my hero Yuko!
+ Indeed the response was :bow::bow:

I do hope they will compete at Nats!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Yeah, and I liked them as a pair too...

Didn't they compete at Talinn Trophy? It must have come rather suddenly on - but at least they didn't split in the middle of the competition like another pair did once...
its reallystrange
she didnt change anything in her profile
https://www.instagram.com/p/BODsz0XFHTC/?taken-by=godabutkute
here she is with Nikita...:think:

K/S wont be doing a quad at Nats
http://tass.ru/sport/3876054
Yuko finally feels that the leg doesnt bother her
They made changes in the prog with Peter T

good luck bbs!:love::love:
all I want is clean perf! the places are irrelevant

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Best of luck to Yuko and Sasha in Russian Nationals. Looking forward to two great performances.