Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Meoima

Match Penalty
True. Now Tumblr is the social network that they should stay away. People ship Yuzuru not only with Yulia, Mao, Kanako and Adelina BUT ALSO WITH THE MALE SKATERS! :laugh: Javier, Patrick, and much more. There was one time I came across a smut fanfic about Yuzuru/Patrick and I had to scroll down for my dear life. I don't mind people writing fanfics to satisfy their fantasies, but to do it with real people who obviously holds no such affections towards one another :slink: no, just no...
Yeah, I remember that case. I almost broke the "ignore" button to block them all. Kinda scary.

Anyways, is there any news about Julia performing an Ice Show? In Russia or other countries?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't Julia tired after a long season? Why do they push younglings so much. She has just finished worlds, then she is going to perform at the end of april? :slink:

She said in an interview that nothing will slow down in terms of training until June!! She has that new "mind blowing" spin that no one has seen to work on and I'm sure her jump technique. Rumors of quad toe! She is planning on taking all of June off to travel and probably will get a few weeks off after WC.

Meoima

Match Penalty
She said in an interview that nothing will slow down in terms of training until June!! She has that new "mind blowing" spin that no one has seen to work on and I'm sure her jump technique. Rumors of quad toe! She is planning on taking all of June off to travel and probably will get a few weeks off after WC.
That means she will continue to attend shows, and attend the training section at the same time?

Meoima

Match Penalty
But she is too young to say no to them, isn't she. Even Plushy has to accept Russian Fed's decisions.

Alba

Record Breaker

"Yet as Lipnitskaia continues to shine, there have been concerns in Russia about the very work ethic that has propelled her to excellence. The poise and maturity she shows on the ice belies her youth and the topic of potential burnout is one that has concerned the Russian figure skating community.

Valentin Piseev, the former head of the Russian Figure Skating Federation, repeatedly encouraged the skater's mother Daniela to reduce her workload to prevent injuries.

"She is a workaholic," Piseev told Russian newspaper Kommersant in December 2012. "She needs to be stopped so that she doesn't overwork herself."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/when-julia-lipnitskaia-nearly-quit-figure-skating-132517482.html

:biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And that was before this year where she worked harder than ever and likely anyone IMHO! The silver lining might be a reduced work load may seem like a walk in the park to her if that happens next uear or the following. She does have A LOT of medals to defend and will likely skate as hard this coming year. :eek: Maybe she can skip Russian nationals if she has another good season and get some rest going into Euros and hopefully Worlds.

Alba

Record Breaker
And that was before this year where she worked harder than ever and likely anyone IMHO! The silver lining might be a reduced work load may seem like a walk in the park to her if that happens next uear or the following. She does have A LOT of medals to defend and will likely skate as hard this coming year. :eek: Maybe she can skip Russian nationals if she has another good season and get some rest going into Euros and hopefully Worlds.

I often hear about this puberty thing and how she will have problems. When can I expect people stop "worrying" about this? :popcorn:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't load that but ill try to find another link.

On a related note I really wish I could suggest this song for her. It sounds like a cross between her Schindlers List and You Don't Give Up On Love with a modern beat over it. The 2:00 mark would be great for a spin or two. Or a giant 30 revolution tornado!

http://youtu.be/pM5g4i7VjDE

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I often hear about this puberty thing and how she will have problems. When can I expect people stop "worrying" about this? :popcorn:

When she stops beating everyone. Her medal count this year alone rivals what a lot of people will ever accomplish. :popcorn: But if she decides to stop because of the workload or growth issues I'll be sad and happy at the same time!

Alba

Record Breaker
When she stops beating everyone. Her medal count this year alone rivals what a lot of people will ever accomplish. :popcorn:

:biggrin:
Seriously though, I know it's not the same for everyone. Puberty takes place over a number of years and varies widely, but usually it begins somewhere between the ages of 7 and 13 for girls, right?

But if she decides to stop because of the workload or growth issues I'll be sad and happy at the same time!

Idem.

Good choice of music for the Sp. but that's Matrix right? Maybe a bit too much for her? Although I loved her Kill Bill. :biggrin: